Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: Livestream!

Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
There will a livestream for the upcoming Community Stuff Pack 2 known as Nifty Knitting!

When? July, 22nd at 11 am PT

Where? On twitch.tv (www.twitch.tv/The Sims)

Source? EcoGuruFrost on twitter

Just thought I'll post it here as not every Simmer has a twitter account.
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Thanks for posting this as I am the one who does not have a twitter account!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Will it be available as a VOD (Video On Demand)? 11am is kind of a bad time for me lately (I'm in Pacific time zone).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Psyched!
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Did y'all watch the livestream? Can we talk about how adorkable SimGuruConor was?
    That round face and that unbelievably cute lisp. Every time he thought he messed up was just so lovable. I literally couldn't pay attention to any of the gameplay in the livestream.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really liking the livestream :)
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    I actually logged in for the first time in mumblemumblemumble to comment on both the livestream (hey, chaos is fun!) and how stoked I am for the Knitting pack-which I wasn't entirely sure I was going to buy at launch.

Conor's enthusiasm, (CAN YOU SAY METAL AIR GUITAR???), the incredible new animations, and the vast number of objects added to the pack make this a stuffed to the brim pack.

I can't wait-and that's not even considering the adorable baby onesies!!!

Congrats to the whole team. Clearly a lot of work and love went into this pack, and i look forward to checking it all out.

Now, where are those knitting needles?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    SimGuruConor did the best job presenting that! He had the energy and his excitement was very catchy. I was on the fence about the pack, but he's sold me on it. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2020
    I really enjoyed the livestream and I am super happy about some of the extra things we are getting that I didn't expect or that weren't originally in the selection lists. That is, it's great that we are getting all those socks in many different colours and more than one size; it's also great that there are so many hanging plant variations, with many different swatches each and every wall height as well. I am pleased that they separated that clunky three box wall shelf into individual cabinets, and it even seemed like they sneaked in an item or two that supposedly didn't win (that is, I had voted for the kids' boots and was sad that they weren't picked, but lo and behold the team appears to have made them anyway. The little girl was wearing what looked like a pair of them and they mentioned it as well).

I only wish they had made more of the hats (there were so many adorable ones) besides just the beanie, that the scarves were separate neck accessories, and that they had made mittens or gloves for all ages as well. I also wish we had been given a new Passionate Knitter (or whatever) trait, besides the reward trait which comes from completing the aspiration. I assume, since we didn't see it, that toddlers cannot rock in the chair with an adult as well (not that I really expected that option -- but it would have been nice). I am also a bit disappointed not to be able to sell items from the Fabricator on Plopsy, mainly because there still is no way in the game to sell the crafted furniture except through the retail system.

However, even though it doesn't include every single little thing I wanted, this pack still feels like an embarrassment of riches. There is so much in it, from unlockable clothes in many swatches and for all ages, to children being able to knit, to Plopsy, to the 4 rocking chairs, a new aspiration with extra perks (like being able to knit the two Yarnys and that hideous sweater with the bobbles), plenty of new animations (including a pretty nice looking knitting animation with needles that start out empty and gradually fill, the air guitar/ headbanging animation that goes with the new Metal station, the teach to knit animation with kids). They are all so very cute. I also like that there are fail states for every item of clothing, itchy fail states, and that those versions are only available through gameplay (which means that you can't buy them on Plopsy; this makes sense). I am so eager to try all this out in my game.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2020
    Will it be available as a VOD (Video On Demand)? 11am is kind of a bad time for me lately (I'm in Pacific time zone).

Yes @stilljustme2 it will be available as a VOD on Twitch, also Sims VIP usually posts a full length playback of the live-streams on their YouTube channel.

Youtube: https://youtu.be/OwWOwVgHq14

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/videos
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I can hardly watch the stream, even now after it's finished, it's buffering like crazy. Anyone else experiencing this? It's not my internet connection, youtube, netflix and everything else works fine.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I liked the stream, SimGuruConor was very fun to listen to and I liked that SimGuruSarah also asked him questions.

There was some noticeable lag and buffering issues, probably because Conor was streaming it from home on his home computer.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    It was a bit of a mess livestream, but fun. I liked Conor a lot, he's so adorable I'd like to pinch his cheeks (old lady comment). :smile:
    I would've loved to see some things that he messed up showing, though.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I only managed to watch the stream now. @SimGuruConor you were a treat to watch. Your game play with the baby was a bit mmmmm but yeah I have accidentally killed a few cowplants before by not concentrating when they hungry, perhaps now if they have a name I will tend to them better. Loving everything I saw and actually a little pleased the cursed thing did not work, so I can discover some things for myself as well ;) Awesome stream thank you, and happy simming :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah I think I'm gonna start a SimGuruConor appreciation website. Too cute!
    As for the pack I have to say I loved the "teach to knit animation*
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Can we name dead cowplants? I didn't notice if it was mentioned.
    My vampire Evilia Doom had a cowplant friend called Cordelia when she was still a human, but Cordelia betrayed her and ate her once. It was too much for Evilia and she let Cordelia die. Evilia still has her skeleton and I'd love to be able to name it.
    @SimmerGeorge OMG!!! Right? Next time he could stream with facecam on full screen for the whole time :-P
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    AAAA THEY ADDED THE WOOLLY SOCKS
    thank you so much sims team :bawling: me is happy and ready to knitknit :heart:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I enjoyed the stream so so much! I am very happy that cats can play with yarnballs. I didn't expect that at all. I love the rug. The purple swatch will be perfect for nurseries. And the armchair? Wow! That one will be in every single home of my sims. It looks so comfortable. I can imagine myself sitting and simming in it. And the desk that we can make bigger? That is so perfect!
    Reminiscence in the rocking chair was really adorable. One of the most precious animations we have. I know I will be using it a lot. It reminds me of when my great great grandmother was telling me her story. I always used to ask her to tell it even though it was mostly sad. But it has reminded me not to judge people over stupid things such as skin color, gender preference, etc. We never know what is behind closed doors.
    I am very excited for this pack. I know this one will be the best one for me.
    Soon my sims will rock'n'knit.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    SHOOP! SimGuruShoop!
    I'm so ready to play my one of my two designated knitters and watch her cats play and make a mess with yarn. Looking forward to decorating.
    I like that we are getting that smaller saucer light as the bigger one is my favorite because it doesn't block my view as much as the others.
    I like that SimGuruConor didn't say anything at all with one reminiscing memory because of the look he gave while not saying anything.. mmhmm.. (insert pregnant pause here). Nope no hints ever!
    The onesis are great, whoop.. there is something else to put babies in! Glad we got two radio stations. Not sure I want my knitter to be a METAL granny but will definitely have some METAL loving sims, air guitar looks like a fun addition.
    Yeah... I'm ready to set up child labor with knitting, or maybe play it nice, maybe.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Enjoyed the livestream, and I think @SimGuruConor should be proud of the pack, and also of the presentation. It's not easy remembering everything. Definitely looking forward to making socks and onesies.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Yes @stilljustme2 it will be available as a VOD on Twitch, also Sims VIP usually posts a full length playback of the live-streams on their YouTube channel.

Youtube: https://youtu.be/OwWOwVgHq14

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/videos

Thanks for the link! It was buffering very bad for me last night & I can't enjoy the live stream. Now, I can watch it! Thanks!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Has anyone noticed how the guru reacted to the 'winter' memory in the livestream? He was naming packs as the memories showed up and when the 'winter' one appeared he made a pause and very suspicious smile... and then he said 'yeah there are a lot of packs there...'
    Hmmm i think this pack is gonna be a reality:)
    Oh, and I am very happy that we didn't get to see the new death. I am glad that I will "explore" it myself :) A surprise candy :D
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited July 2020
    I haven’t watched it yet but from what I read we can name cowplants now ? It’s proof that game changers really have influence and can change things.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm just after watching the 'live' stream.
    I know we have a lot of complaints about TS4, but seriously, it's comforting to see this kind of passion coming from the Gurus' for the packs they work on. I don't care if the stream was a bit messy. The passion shines through. That's all that matters. It did for me anyway.

@SimGuruConor did a phenomenal job sharing all these deep dives with the community and taking a lot of the feedback on board. This guy's sound out.

Also:

SGSarah: There's no Woohoo in the rocking chair.
    SGConor: I'll leave it to WWhims, they'll think of something.

... :#

priceless.