Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

How Would You Rate The Sims Spark'd Show (so far)?

«1
MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims Spark'd
Well the first episode is out now (and maybe even the second I'm not sure) and I'm curious to know how the majority of people who watched it feel about it. Obviously the season isn't over yet, but how would you rate what you have seen so far?
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

How Would You Rate The Sims Spark'd Show (so far)? 105 votes

1/10
36%
Stdlr9jeepjeepcatgettpsColorist40AprilDawnjonilla1Isb917BeardedgeekAnmirlafriendlysimmersKennziKaigegamekittenLogisitcsdrakharissnoepjes1210ScobreChambersNTinyWhiteThangcharlesbergRhythrin 38 votes
2/10
10%
pisceschick75sketchesGoddessBylineMeela_PashtLissyK9CAPTAIN_NXR7WulfsimmerGitagarapoesRedShoe7Kimmer 11 votes
3/10
8%
Sasquatch7BloosmooMaggieMarleyMonaveilDatLlamalogionGordyCemirrorSchmoloop 9 votes
4/10
6%
CamkatMVWdeZTwormofthebookSnaveXsChatsaUncagedSongbirdTennedra 7 votes
5/10
8%
Akl500Ppammiechickdiscoduck227FlpAmaralHopeyStarrbohemian_lovePreCiiousSimmingalZazzyKittyn 9 votes
6/10
7%
elemmelestilljustme2wineland88PIllusoryThrallsillyangel0906musteniHorrorgirl6CrayPinkAlien 8 votes
7/10
13%
BluegayleBreeSashaalexspoom13danacnbrettsimgirl1010NymphieapronterusTamakiSakura84SterkinsenARTTS1299GilbertStrangePennySimoliSimbastienUmbreon12 14 votes
8/10
7%
SimburianamchristianAuroraBoreallisSoulangel980BabykittyjadeWolfNateChampandGirlieElliandre 8 votes
9/10
0%
davina1221 1 vote
10/10
0%

Comments

  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    8/10
    Next ep is Friday I like it maybe after Covid leases we'll get a second season.. Sure as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ no other make stuff reality shows they cancled Face Off
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • logionlogion Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited July 2020
    3/10
    I liked maybe about a third of the show.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,283 Member
    4/10
    I kind of almost liked the idea? I wanted to like it but truth is, I was bored. I almost turned it off a few times but thought I should sit through the end and at least see how it goes. I know all these youtubers are normally funny and entertaining, but out of their element with no planning... they bored me. The challenges were boring too. I was hoping for... I'm not sure, something more silly or eclectic I guess... I thought it would show off the game more and it showed nearly nothing about the game and it didn't do much for introducing the game changers either in case someone was interested and wanted to check out their stuff later. I think it has potential to be fun, but that wasn't it. I don't think it did a very good job portraying what the sims is either, in case someone was watching who didn't know what the game was. I guess I just don't like reality TV.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,157 Member
    edited July 2020
    8/10
    Shows promise for a first try so I gave it 8.

    Get rid of teams of 3 and change to just two. One to create the Sims in CAS and read the story and one to concentrate on the world, a building or buildings and sets suitable for the story.

    Let us see more of the storyline discussion between the contestants, construction of Sims and buildings (we could get some tips, which will make the episodes worth watching).

    Three is always a crowd and never works and that $100,000 is better divided by two.

    AND less of the Woke storylines. I want humour and action! :D<3
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 19,714 Member
    7/10
    I really enjoyed it. Enough to tune in to the upcoming episodes.
    Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. 😊
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 807 Member
    1/10
    Against my better judgement, I watched it for about 20 minutes. And within those 20 minutes, I quickly realized that this show was going to be no different than any other reality show that had geeky things at the forefront and will undeniably end up as a cringe disaster.

    If I wanna watch stuff that has to do with my nerdy interests, Ive got the internet. Not a cable network trying to be "relatable".
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,327 Member
    6/10
    It was okay. I think I'd enjoy it more if there weren't teams and just individuals against each other.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

    Q7wLwse.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,384 Member
    1/10
    If the best parts were shown in the short clips I saw, then it the show is not something of interest.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
    3/10
    I would feel harsh giving less than a 3 but I couldn't enjoy it. I enjoy a number of reality TV programs but this one didn't work for me. I made it over two thirds of the way through but at that point I was so bored that I decided I'd hung on long enough and stopped watching.

    I found it a bit cringe but for me that main problem was simply that it bored me.

    Who knows, maybe it will improve in later episodes. I don't think I will be watching any more though.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,691 Member
    1/10
    Just watched it to see if it was as bad as I thought it would be. I was wrong - it was worse!
    It was like watching the latest installment of Doctor Who. I had to force myself to sit there to give it a chance. :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 357 Member
    2/10
    I like Plumbella and Steph0sims.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,939 Member
    6/10
    It was okay. I think I'd enjoy it more if there weren't teams and just individuals against each other.

    I can see why they're doing teams -- with the short amount of time it would be difficult to create the Sims and build/furnish a proper house not to mention come up with a story that fits a particular theme. And that way you can have contestants who can focus on their specialty, whether it's making Sims, building a house, or coming up with a great story. It might have been better if the contestants had a chance to get to know each other and choose their own teams rather than a random draw, but that would have the problem of it being a popularity contest within the contestants. I found it okay -- I was able to watch in via On Demand, and I think it has some potential.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 485 Member
    edited July 2020
    3/10
    I gave it a 3.

    I thought the teams were unbalanced. Several team members were mismatched. Some players were pretty serious while others had a more whimsical approach to the game. I prefer whimsical.

    I had already guessed which team was going to win just based on the team composition. I hope I'm wrong.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 58 Member
    5/10
    I watched but I wish that there had been more emphasis on the actual creation of the stories and less of the reality show aspect. And the judges didn't impress me. Kelsey was good but the other two didn't do it for me.
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    2/10
    I've left comments elsewhere about the show also, but the only reasons I'm not giving it a 1 and why I will continue to watch it is to support the game changers. The fact that the sims producers allowed this show to happen makes me sad. I don't think they fully informed the game changers what they were signing up for ahead of time. I also think the show is primarily buzzfeed's idea, or some other company's. It just feels completely off-brand for the sims community.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 4,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    Zero. This show is the antitesis of the sims.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,408 Member
    1/10
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    I've left comments elsewhere about the show also, but the only reasons I'm not giving it a 1 and why I will continue to watch it is to support the game changers. The fact that the sims producers allowed this show to happen makes me sad. I don't think they fully informed the game changers what they were signing up for ahead of time. I also think the show is primarily buzzfeed's idea, or some other company's. It just feels completely off-brand for the sims community.

    @LissyK9 If you didn't like the show I wouldn't recommend watching it because you support it with your view and then the creators will think there is nothing wrong with it. The best way to show you disliked part of the show is by not watching it at all. But you're free to do your thing.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    8/10
    Simburian wrote: »
    Shows promise for a first try so I gave it 8.

    Get rid of teams of 3 and change to just two. One to create the Sims in CAS and read the story and one to concentrate on the world, a building or buildings and sets suitable for the story.

    Let us see more of the storyline discussion between the contestants, construction of Sims and buildings (we could get some tips, which will make the episodes worth watching).

    Three is always a crowd and never works and that $100,000 is better divided by two.

    AND less of the Woke storylines. I want humour and action! :D<3

    Plot twist the 3rd episode makes 3 teams of 2 ppl out of six remaining contestants and one team goes home making the finale 2 teams of 2 dun dun dun!!!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,003 Member
    4/10
    I think they need to decide what kind of reality show it is. Is it a talent competition or a people doing silly things together show? I'd have preferred a talent competition -- no teams, each contestant produces a short clip demonstrating their skill at making a Sims video. And they need to decide who their audience is. It's not people who don't play the Sims -- my husband watched briefly, but they cut away from showing the actual game any time his interest was caught. It's not people who do play the Sims -- I watched, but didn't see anything worth watching except maybe the trailer home done by one of the groups. Maybe it's people who follow the game-changers.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    8/10
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I think they need to decide what kind of reality show it is. Is it a talent competition or a people doing silly things together show? I'd have preferred a talent competition -- no teams, each contestant produces a short clip demonstrating their skill at making a Sims video. And they need to decide who their audience is. It's not people who don't play the Sims -- my husband watched briefly, but they cut away from showing the actual game any time his interest was caught. It's not people who do play the Sims -- I watched, but didn't see anything worth watching except maybe the trailer home done by one of the groups. Maybe it's people who follow the game-changers.

    It works for me and I played 1, 2, 3, 4, Sims Bustin, Mysims, Mysims Kingdom and Mysims Agents
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,283 Member
    4/10
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    I've left comments elsewhere about the show also, but the only reasons I'm not giving it a 1 and why I will continue to watch it is to support the game changers. The fact that the sims producers allowed this show to happen makes me sad. I don't think they fully informed the game changers what they were signing up for ahead of time. I also think the show is primarily buzzfeed's idea, or some other company's. It just feels completely off-brand for the sims community.

    Watching the show supports the show, not the game changers. You don't need to worry about supporting them by not watching the show.

    If you want to keep supporting your game changers, then just keep doing what your doing, and watching them, on their channels. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    4/10
    It was really stressful for me to watch. And I can imagine, how it must have felt a lot more stressful for the contestants.

    The challenge ideas were cool Ngl, but they were executed quite poorly. Which isn’t even the contestants fault. - Like the fact that they only got 90 minutes to create a family, a build & a storyline seems almost impossible to me. And the judges were still expecting quality, sorry but I have to laugh.
  • ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    4/10
    They didn’t even play the game itself
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 3,829 Member
    edited July 2020
    1/10
    It was painful to watch. The teams were badly put together and awkward, most of them didn't work well together and I can't for the life of me understand how xurbansimsx was chosen as a stylist when her youTube channel is focused around story telling. The short time limits were pressuring and dumb, they barely even got time to play the game or do anything of actual meaning. I won't be watching anymore of it.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    8/10
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It was painful to watch. The teams were badly put together and awkward, most of them didn't work well together and I can't for the life of me understand how xurbansimsx was chosen as a stylist when her youTube channel is focused around story telling. The short time limits were pressuring and dumb, they barely even got time to play the game or do anything of actual meaning. I won't be watching anymore of it.

    It's possible they asked them what they wanna be assigned so.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top