August 14 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Best Way to Clean Out Mods?

I was trying to think of the best way to clean up my almost 30Gs of mods, and I'm thinking the tray file editor might be my best bet... being that I save out all my sims I play, and put all their CC that the tray editor finds into a separate folder. Anything that doesn't make the cut is gone forever.

This seems really tedious however, so I'm wondering if anyone else knows a good way, or another tool that can make this happen?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,030 Member
    Tray importer is probably your best bet. The other option would be to look at each item individually with Sims 4 Studio and while you can delete the item directly from the program, it can be tedious with that many files.
  • Teh_CheshireTeh_Cheshire Posts: 11 New Member
    I second Bananas_45's suggestion for the Tray Importer - I have found its actually incredibly useful for tracking down those rogue random broken CC pieces that give you no hint by icon placement or maybe a glimpse if you moved between swatches of what it was supposed to be.

I have a test family set up at the very beginning of play with no game time in a decent sized home so I can try out any CC I might be struggling with. I've noticed though it tends to be hair that is missing a mesh and buy items missing footprints somehow.