Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire occult-like gameplay ideas?

Hey guys,

So I recently started playing with vampires instead of just watching them from afar.
My problem is I just don't know what "vampire" things to do with them after they have read the books, sparred each other and got some powers.
For this particular family I am trying to make them live as much like a vampire as possible so that means no jobs, no going out during the day etc.

But I'm just stuck with 3 vampires at home all day doing nothing and even at night forgotten hollow doesn't offer much other than chess tables.
I did make a "vampire club" but that got old really fast.

How do you play your Vampires? Any ideas for interesting gameplay that seems to suit a vampiric lifestyle?

Thanks in advance!
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    My vampires are in covens (using clubs), and it’s partly good vs evil (with a few forbidden romantic crossovers). My evil vampires want to take control of the worlds, and rid them of all other occults. My good vampires have joined a group of spellcasters to try and stop them. I rotate around five households of them, and mix in other storylines when it fits. I do enjoy reading vampire novels (no not just the sparkly ones lol), so I often get a lot of my stories from those.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Read a bit about "Vampire, the Masquerade" in the white wolf wiki. That should give you lots of ideas what you could do with them, storywise.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    in one of my first saves with vampires, i just grabbed the richest and most powerful sim a.k.a malcolm landgraab, turned him an immotal vampire without any fatal weakness and made him rule the sims world alongside caleb as reference,
    this wasn't much of a vampire-exclusive gameplay but i had fun discovering the vampire stuff while villainizing malcolm

for vampire-only gameplay i don't recall making special saves for them, they just coexisted with my other sims and their powers sometimes would be handy
  • ArtsyDuuArtsyDuu Posts: 16 Member
    These are just a couple ideas, from what I've done with my Vampire Sims.

1) Make a male or female Vampire Sim and become a serial romantic (I guess I got inspiration from "Twilight" at some point when I did that).

2) You can make a family of Vampire Sims and have one of them not want to be a vampire and work on turning themselves human to lead a normal life (to make it even more interesting, you can turn their own family against them for not following tradition).

Not sure if either of these would interest you, but it was fun when I did them and I'd suggest maybe trying them if you're bored.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited July 2020
    My two favourite vampires are super sims brothers. They and their family rule the world. They own all retail lots, they decide who lives and dies. When new packs come out I always send one of the fam to check it out and decide how best to add it to their empire. Sadly a lot has to be in my head I suppose. Still, I have fun playing them as mafiaesque.

Regarding the vampire life traditionally in folklore, I wouldn't worry too much about sunlight and I give the ones I think of as strongest the ability to day walk. In all the old vampire traditions they were infact dead human beings who rose from the grave to feed off family or neighbours, which made them sick. They weren't damage by light, there was just no need to be out in it as they waited til their victims were sleeping. It was later writers that added the sun element.
    I always make mine sleep in coffins, in refence to their origins in myth.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    My two favourite vampires are super sims brothers. They and their family rule the world. They own all retail lots, they decide who lives and dies. When new packs come out I always send one of the fam to check it out and decide how best to add it to their empire. Sadly a lot has to be in my head I suppose. Still, I have fun playing them as mafiaesque.

@CelSims Oh okay this is nice. Can you elaborate more on how you make that work? How do they rule? Just financially through retail? And how do these decide who lives and dies? Do you use mods for that?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited July 2020

@CelSims Oh okay this is nice. Can you elaborate more on how you make that work? How do they rule? Just financially through retail? And how do these decide who lives and dies? Do you use mods for that?

I use mods for death if I'm feeling lazy, but no mod vampires do have the ability to kill. Tier 3 of the influence emotions ability will kill sims with emotional overload, anger seems to be the easiest. They also own a seafood restaurant with a very bad chef where Zion will take business clients that he is tired of...

Financially, I make all my sims either buy everything for their house from the boys retail, or deduct it from their household funds with a mark up and add that to the vamps coffers if I'm feeling lazy.

Every sim in a career that has useful items or powerful abilities is one of their family, such as scientists, civil designers and engineers. I have them go for meetings with Zion and Joaquin where I'll roll a dice to see if they meet with the boys approval. If not, they may get stripped of vampirism, ostracized or just outright killed. That opens the window for rags to riches with new young adults, as my story can be they are struggling to free themselves of the family influence in some way.

There is some good mods for vampires. I'd recommend checking Zer0. His or her mods add a bit of depth to them, letting sims offer to drink instead of being asked, for example. Or hiding vampirism and then 'coming out' to someone, with various negative or positive results.

• GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited July 2020
    move in vlads mansion
    throw epic drinking parties
    kidnap some sims and have them join your little bat family
    assert dominance
    B)

or they could also

try to live alongside normal sims
    get job
    get human family
    try to cure their vampirism
    get found out and murdered in sun chamber

:no_mouth:

I mean there is lot of stuff to do home they could be artists, scientists, celebs, politicians.. anything if you give them a chance
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @Goosey Yes! The dungeon idea is happening. I'm doing it, it sounds really fun. Thanks. Also love your Sims. They look a bit like Bratz dolls. Hehe
    @Simmingal yeah I was actually in the middle of making a vampire strong enough to beat Vlad in a fight and kill him(with cheats) and then was planning to move in. Once Vlad is out of the way I'm going to host a drinking party. That's settled now.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Personally I've been trying to create vampire characters that defy the normal vampire tropes. One example is that I have a vampire that is a gamer girl.

I also suppose that if you have the Strangeville pack as well as a few other packs that include some of the other occult life states (mermaids, spellcasters, aliens... servo?) you could create a supernatural mystery gang to solve the mystery.

Though that does raise the question, if you have multiple characters who have the detective career, do they all go to work at the same time and do the same cases?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I rarely play vampire things, i just made my sims one and then live normal life while the rest of his folks are already dead but i always keep one in the family for each generation to turn.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I created a vampire coven the duchcannes, the parents are grand masters, teaching their children how too survive, their son is now fully grown he "accidentally" got a human sim pregnant, her mum died when she was a teen and she searched for her dad, trying too get answers on why shes different, she now lives with her young looking grandparents, her aunt and dad lol
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Honestly, my most common vampire family to play is Vlad and his wife and five daughters. It is rather funny to me to see arguably one of the meanest Sims naturally have such a strong relationship with his kids and a love/hate relationship with his wife (full pink, low green bar). In general, I think the "vampire family" thing has a lot of appeal to it because the life state just complicates it and there are a number of options. Apprentices, blood children, turned children (this even overwrites bonds like siblings). There are plenty of interactions for mentors and apprentices or parents and children.

Not going to lie, a lot of the time I redo this family I kind of stay in Forgotten Hollow. I have a specific vampire restaurant there and I added a magic realm gate to the house. Plus it is funny to me to think how Vlad reacts to Caleb and Lillith befriending and dating his daughters (I gave them a little brother and a mischievous fox, too).

When I do really break out, I tend to interact with other occults first and maybe turn some. Using the clubs you can keep track of all your turned children.

A lot of it has to appeal to you and you have to supplement the imagination, but that is nothing new. The Sims in Sims 4 are very much dolls you have to put the effort into to "come alive."
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    One thing I did when I was playing a vampire was a bit on the evil, but well-deserved side.

I had started out with a human sim that Vlad took an interest in. Eventually, he turned her and married her. After he turned her she moved in with him, it was only after they were married that he got mean and nasty to her. BUT she was not having any part of it. While he was out, looking for his next meal, she faked an illness and stayed home. After he left she locked all the doors, and not to drag this out any further, he caught fire from the sun and expired. After that, his ghost would show up and he would clean the whole house every night.

Another thing I loved doing was to create a vampire slayer. I would keep garlic in my human sim's personal inventory, and they would hit the vampire over the head with it when fighting with the vampire.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    After that, his ghost would show up and he would clean the whole house every night.

@LaBlue0314 Oh God the cleaning part had me in tears! Thanks
    Calico45 wrote: »

A lot of it has to appeal to you and you have to supplement the imagination, but that is nothing new. The Sims in Sims 4 are very much dolls you have to put the effort into to "come alive."

@Calico45 Yes I know this is exactly why I posted this thread cause I was unable to make any of my storylines "come alive" and hoped to see what other people do to make it happen.
    A lot of people seem to play with Vlad too which I think is awesome because he gets a lot of hate poor guy.

Thanks for the replies though I can't wait wait for exam period to be over so I can try out all your ideas. If anyone has more please share I'm all ears
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ArtsyDuu wrote: »
    These are just a couple ideas, from what I've done with my Vampire Sims.

1) Make a male or female Vampire Sim and become a serial romantic (I guess I got inspiration from "Twilight" at some point when I did that).

2) You can make a family of Vampire Sims and have one of them not want to be a vampire and work on turning themselves human to lead a normal life (to make it even more interesting, you can turn their own family against them for not following tradition).

Not sure if either of these would interest you, but it was fun when I did them and I'd suggest maybe trying them if you're bored.

I gave one of my earliest vampires the Kleptomaniac trait; he was able to pick up some goodies when he'd break into a house for a midnight snack. B) He was also Creative so while I was trying to earn the Sun Resistance power (or whatever the name is) he would stay at home and work on his painting and writing when he wasn't trolling teh forums to build his Mischief skill. (Maybe I should re-start that save; I could have my vampire take up knitting and sell stuff on Plopsy...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Personally I've been trying to create vampire characters that defy the normal vampire tropes. One example is that I have a vampire that is a gamer girl.

I also suppose that if you have the Strangeville pack as well as a few other packs that include some of the other occult life states (mermaids, spellcasters, aliens... servo?) you could create a supernatural mystery gang to solve the mystery.

Though that does raise the question, if you have multiple characters who have the detective career, do they all go to work at the same time and do the same cases?

Unfortunately they don't go to the same workplace, so you have to juggle which one you follow to work and which ones go alone. It's better to have just one in an active career while the rest of the household has normal rabbit hole type jobs.

Now I'm thinking of having a couple, one a vampire and the other a spellcaster since I haven't really done much with RoM (my eyesight went bad and I couldn't play for several months).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited July 2020
    My favorite vampire was a casanova and went around having children with different townies. Once they became teens, I would move them in with him and train them in the ways of the vampire. When they mastered vampire lore and became grand master vampires I would make them daywalkers and move them out. With MCCC I turned on story progression and they would marry and have children. I kept a detailed map of his family tree and if any of his decedents were born vampires I would move them in and train them as well. It was a lot of fun.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited November 2020
    The posts here inspired me for my own gameplay! Great stuff. Cheers folks!

I usually create a male vampire who‘s first goal is to beat Vlad and take over his mansion. Then he’ll travel to each corner of every world in order to find the fairest maiden, and with her consent (because she had a [Removed]childhood) turns her and makes her his bride. They could either go on a rampage and take over the worlds, but often they go into hiding because some mastermind scientist has decided he has other plans for occults.

I really wish different occults could have duels with each other though. That would make gameplay much more interesting for me e.g. Spellcasters vs Vampires vs Aliens, vs Merfolk vs...Grim?
    Another thing I loved doing was to create a vampire slayer. I would keep garlic in my human sim's personal inventory, and they would hit the vampire over the head with it when fighting with the vampire.

Don’t tell me this is a thing. Is this a thing?

Don't bypass the profanity filter ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Unless EA has removed it, yes. At the time I was playing a teen living on her own, and a vampire had broken into her home in the middle of the night and drained her. This was before EA cut out the random break-ins by vampires. After that night I had my teen learn about Vampire Lore. Eventually, she learned where this vampire was residing, went to her home, and fought the vampire. During their fight, my sim took the garlic from her personal inventory and wacked the vampire over the head with it. It was quite funny to watch.

Don’t tell me this is a thing. Is this a thing?

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Yes indeed it is though I haven't done it in a while. I have only seen it happen under one condition though, you have to max out the vampire lore skill and create the vampire cure potion, then you can go to a vampire you have a bad relationship with and click on the "slay" interaction under the mean section. The Sim and the vampire will then start fighting and then sim will pull out some garlic and smack the vampire with it.
    I don't know if that happens with the normal fight interaction without a vampire cure potion though. Maybe someone here knows.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020
    @LaBlue0314, @SimmerGeorge,

Ha! I never knew. I'm going to try out this garlic thingy. Thanks for the clarification!
  • LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    My storyline is a Global Superstar that became enamored with Caleb Vatore and never knew he was a vampire until their first child starting exhibiting some peculiar habits once leaving toddlerhood. She immediately ended the relationship and hoped against hope the new baby wouldn't be similarly afflicted.

Her hopes were answered when little Eden grew into a normal and happy child but now Bailey is a teen and things have only gotten more difficult. I play with a somewhat randomized aspiration and trait system so this poor girl is trying to balance all the crazy ups and downs of the teen years, her vampirism, her desire to be a top notch fisherman and her love of the island life of Sulani. I haven't quite decided where to take her story yet.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Five vampires.Each one can only pick perks from one of the five rows. They try to kill each other in order to rule the clan. Who ever gets to grand master status first becomes the leader.