Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to Woohoo and How to Die?

The Sims 4 is a Teen rated game.
This means that meaningful relationships and personalities are a taboo and pretty much completely absent.
On the flip side, the player can get their sim to Woohoo just about anywhere and additional to that, a sim can get Killed and their Soul Reaped in the most ludicrous ways.
So. I’m currently doing a little research into the Woohoo and Death Type situation. I actually don’t know about most of them...you may wonder what I’ve been doing in my game....
Yes. I usually just get my immortal sims to cloudgaze...😉 Not quite so romantic with all that in-game social distancing going on.

But really I would like you to share your wisdom with me and offer some new perspectives.

Below are a couple of questions for you. You can pick and choose and see which ones you feel like answering. If you like to answer them all, please go ahead.

In your opinion:

1. What is the ultimate Woohoo location?
  2. What is the ultimate way to End it all?
  3. Which new Woohoo Location would you like to see in future packs or updates?
  4. Which new Death Type would you like to see in future packs or updates?
  5. Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?
  6. Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?
  7. Do you think Death should be handled differently?

Note that this should all be related to TS4, however, you may reference other Sims titles. Remember to keep it decent and light hearted. ;)

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    What is the ultimate Woohoo location?
    I don't know. My sims woohoo mostly in their bed. Not very creative, i know 😅

What is the ultimate way to End it all?
    Woohooing when they're elders. The first time it happened in my game i almost died of laugher 😂

Which new Woohoo Location would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    If we get active school, i would like to make my sims woohoo in the principal's desk.

Which new Death Type would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    I'ld like that my sims could push others from the 3rd floor+ so that would be death by fall.

Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?
    Sure it is. It's the most natural thing in the world. The game is rated for teens and teens know it all already from biology classes. But i like it to be as it is now in the game. There's no need for more details. It's a game...

Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?
    Most of my sims die of old age. If autonomy does its job i go with the flow, i accept and integrate the death in my story. Very rarelly my story implies that a sim must die before and when it happens i usually use ui cheats and just drag all motives down. Sims die immediatly.

Do you think Death should be handled differently?
    No. I think it's kind of humorous and that's how it should be.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think the rocket ship is pretty epic.

Eating the pufferfish. I like it's risky.

I've not thought much on it, but anything they come up with I'm sure is fun. I love the new dumpster location. :D

It's not new, but it was in Sims 2 and it was "running with scissors playset". It's probably not appropriate now but I liked it was a guarantee if I needed to get rid of a sim quick. Anything they could come up with that would be appropriate for 2020 but quick like that, I'd welcome. It's helpful for moving some stories along when required. >:)

Of course! My sims need to keep their family lines going. Even if they don't, it's fun and takes care of their social. They can keep their blur though, I don't want to see it!

Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?
    All of the above! Depends on the story and what's happening. If autonomy steps in, I always just go with it. That's life.

I think they've handled it well, it's comical and I wouldn't want it to be more serious.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    [*] What is the ultimate Woohoo location?
    Waterfall in Sulani is neat.

[*] What is the ultimate way to End it all?
    Luminary's Exotic water garden, lighting off fireworks in the house, or woohoo elders to death.

[*] Which new Woohoo Location would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    I don't really have a preference for woohoo locations the bed is sufficient enough, I'm boring.

[*] Which new Death Type would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    Scared to death, that way the fear emotion is added to the game.

[*] Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?
    Yes, how are they going to fill that fun mood bar quickly otherwise? Also, how would they procreate?

[*] Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?
    Sometimes kill them off depends on the individual sim.

[*] Do you think Death should be handled differently?
    Yes, I want sims to off themselves accidentally sometimes to keep things a bit interesting. Sims tend to stay away from things that will kill them in this iteration. It seems to be all player directed which is a bummer. I don't think it shouldn't be player directed 100% of the time.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    The shower, all my sims seem to love it so much

Frozen to death - its the easiest way and the least amount of time to wait of it to happen

I dont have an opinion on that there seems to be plenty of places

Scared to death or actually be killed by a vampire when they take a long drink

Yes its part of life for couples

I have had a few die by drowning in Sims 3 out of the blue (And some died very quickly by fire) - but in Sims 4 you have to engineer it to get them to die - the only accidental death I had in sims 4 was a fire that I couldn't extinguish in time. Autonomy is always off in my games as they would just go off and talk to someone about three miles away or do the table dance (sit down stand up sit down stand up gahh!!!)

It would be ok to have a few unexpected things happen - (The control freak in me is screaming 'noooooo')

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2020
    Don't go here if you don't like spoilers, but here is the comprehensive list of places to Woohoo in The Sims 4 (and in previous Sims games) : https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/WooHoo#The_Sims_4

I didn't think about it, but I agree with the commenter above — the waterfall in Sulani is pretty sweet. Runner-up favorites are the sauna and hot tub. Basically, anywhere except the bed and the toilet bush. (But I certainly do appreciate that Wohooing in the toilet bush is an option, at least, LOL!)

No idea... I don't like my Sims to die. LOL. :(

• Couches (if that's not too vulgar)
    • The fireplace with Santa (Father Winter) (I just thought of this one.)
    • Maybe on boats? (from Sulani)
    • Toilet stalls? (University)
    • The kids' playpen? (Toddler Stuff) or on playground sets... this sounds so wrong, though...
    • The elevator (City Living/University)
    • Food stalls
    • If these items only existed: treehouse, car, igloo, hammock...
    • I don't have a lot of packs, so I don't have many in-game item ideas... basically: anywhere a Sim can — or could — fit. Haha.

“Scared to death!” 😱

Yes. And I like that they call it "WooHoo." LOL :)

I mostly play with Immortal Sims, and only let them age up when I'm satisfied with their life stages... I play on extra-long lifespans. And no, I don't purposely kill my Sims. :(

What do you mean?

P.S. Apparently, elderly Sims can die from Woohoo.

Post edited by sketches on
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    My personal favorites are the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay and a coffin.

I play only occult sims, so if I don't say Death by Sunlights or Death by Magical Overcharge, what am I doing?

WooHoo in the bathtub.

Death by Karma. If a sims a bad person, I want there to be a chance for it to rebound on them, possibly resulting in death.

Yup. The characters are cartoony, which helps, you only see the covers moving (and sims just laying there like planks if you go into first person mode), and it's treated like something comical for the most part.

Autonomy for sure, though if I want to play with a ghost I might drown someone or start a fire.

Nope, I think they did a good job in sticking with the T rating.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2020
    There is no such location. Everything goes. Rocket ship one is quite epic, but it's nowadays too easy and common when you can do it at the GeekCon without having to build a rocket ship yourself.

The fastest way to kill a Sim is the Murphy Bed. The most fun for a Sim is defenitely woohoo to death. For me as a player the most fun is the Rabid Rodent Fever.
    I don't like to kill my own Sims and not so much other Sims either, but I've experienced most of the deaths in my game.

I don't really need more of them, there are enough locations already, but I've seen photo booth woohoo in Sims 2 and it would be fun to get in Sims 4 too.

Only new deaths I'd like to see is when they're done by supernaturals. I'd like vampires to be able to drain someone to death, mermaids to be able to actually drown someone and spellcasters to have a spell and/or a potion that kills.
    Not that I'd use these options too often, but I'd love my supernaturals to be able to have these powers. >:)

Yes, absolutely. It's always been part of Sims games.

I never kill my own Sims. Why would I spend time in CAS to create them and them kill them? I want to play, not to have "game over". My Sims die of old age and sometimes accidentally. I often I use the Potion of Youth to keep my favorite Sims adults for longer. When their children start to be too close to their parents age I just have to let them age to elders.

Not really.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Closet or Shower

Overexertion from Woo Hoo as an elder.

I'd love them to bring back a classic - cars!

Fear or from Falls as suggested by another Simmer, but I wouldn't want it to happen from being pushed but rather from being unsafe. For instance; no railings on stairs or balconies could result in a fatal fall, stepping too close to the edge of that rock ledge in Selvadorada, perhaps the rope bridge could break too, falling off the rock climbing wall, fall off a bike going down a steep hill, fall off the edge of the areas in the Magic Realm, fall off your broom, etc. Just things like that which could be added to already existing packs/animations.

Yes, I just wish it was expanded upon. I don't mean actually being able to see it, I mean such as more passion and romance leading up to the ultimate act. Make out is just kissing in this game, that's not really making out. Let our Sims sit on each others laps, kiss their necks, bring back slow dancing with the hands sliding down to the butt, laying heads on shoulders, etc., get rid of the fist pump woo hoo agreement and just walk hand in hand to the bed or chase your love and jump in bed together.

I dislike how they just stand there and twirl into sleepwear too. Have our Sims get in bed with clothes on and then see their clothes flying off to land around the bed while they're under the covers. When they get back out of bed, they should be naked with the blur and THEN twirl back into their clothes, or not. I could continue but hopefully you get where I'm going with this. All these things have either been done in previous iterations or could easily be done tastefully within the current rating in my opinion.

I don't kill my Sims on purpose, they usually just die from old age. Some saves my Sims are immortal, it all depends on the story I'm trying to tell or a challenge I'm currently playing with them.

I think the way it's handled now is fine. The only thing I would add is what happens to urns. We need either a cemetery where all urns go and can be retrieved or if that's not possible, at least a rabbit hole or something with a menu to choose the name of the Sim's urn you would like to get. Your Sim disappears inside and comes out with the urn in their inventory to place wherever you'd like. I think that would be much better than suffering through the possibility your Sims urns can never be located if you're not currently playing with that household.

Happy Simming! <3
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    2. rocket ship woohoo!
    3. What is the ultimate way to End it all?
    4. Hehe, again rocket ship woohoo!
    5. Which new Woohoo Location would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    6. not sure. I'm apparently not very creative
    7. Which new Death Type would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    8. I'd like to see death by satellite come back
    9. Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?
    10. yes! It's a life sim
    11. Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?sometimes I kill the ones I really dislike but usually I love my little sims and they die if old age
    12. Do you think Death should be handled differently?
    13. no, I like the way it's done!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims mostly Woohoo in bed, but the lighthouse is pretty epic.

My Sims aren't allowed to die. I like the idea of elders woohooing to death though.

Woohoo in the water, especially for mermaids, but for everyone else as well.

None.

I think so, as long as it's kept PG-rated.

My Sims are all immortal so far, although most of them aren't vampires.

I'm fine with the way it is, because I can opt out. I'd be fine with however death was handled, as long as I could continue to opt out. I do wish I could hang out with the Grim Reaper and have gravestones without anyone dying, though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Haha I usually play cloud gazing style too, but oh well

What is the ultimate Woohoo location? Waterfall in Sulani

What is the ultimate way to End it all? My sims just die of old age eventually, after playing them for years

Which new Woohoo Location would you like to see in future packs or updates? doesn't matter I'm not overly interested in new woohoo spots.

Which new Death Type would you like to see in future packs or updates? Same as above.

Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?Yes since it's rated teen

Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal? They are mostly immortal haha.

Do you think Death should be handled differently? Yes, I don't like Grim reaper/ghosts. I wish they'd 1) Just be buried and the body disappear. Probably with a toggle for people that do want grim 2) Grieve differently if their child dies vs. their one-time bartender dying...
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    The first idea that popped up when reading the tilte was elders can die when they woohoo too much. But instead it is questions. I'll answer them so...
    Bed, because every sim has that. It has been the one spot that is always in the base game since The Sims 2.

For me, it would be old age. But by seeing other players, fire, starvation, and drowning.

None. I like to be surprised.

I also like to be surprised here, too. But by looking into previous games, I'd put thirst.

5. Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?
    As long as everything is covered up and unseen.

6. Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?
    It varies. If I set up a save or don't intend to kill a sim at the moment, sims are immortal. If I want my sim to die by unnatural causes, I have them work towards it. If I want my sim to die by old age, I just play with them normally with aging on until the time arrives.

I don't like how when the game is over (all the teen or older sims in the household dies), the only options given are not saving and returning to the main menu or saving and going into manage worlds. But what if I don't want to save and just go to manage worlds?
    Also when a child or younger is taken away by social services, it is labelled in code as death by neglect and they get deleted from game. Why don't they apper under the adoption menu (like the pets do)? I like that you can pick a child when adopting, so why not include children taken away? Only The Sims 2 has done that at the moment.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    The bed. Maybe not the most exciting but every sim has a bed.

Old age or elder woohoo.

I would like to see the return of tree house woohoo from ts3. I always thought it was hilarious that they could wind up getting splinters.

Crushed by meteor. It was so surprising when it happened in ts3 and you only had a short amount of time to move your sims out of the way before they hit.

5. Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? Why?
    Yes. It's harmless, they don't show anything, and how else are they supposed to have children?

Most of my sims die of old age. I hate killing them on purpose and never have in all the years I have played it. If a sim does die by accident then sometimes I let it happen and sometimes I quit without saving. Depends on the sim and the plans I have for them.

I think for the most part its fine. The only thing I would change would be to add funerals and a cemetery to the game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I miss how a ghost could scare a Sim to death. Generally, it didn't happen on the very first scare, unless the target Sims' needs were very low. It should be on a percentage, however. Let's say a 20% chance of death on the first scare.

I didn't find a need to answer your other questions. Sorry.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Varies for me but I think the best woohoo animations are in the hottub. Closets look great too... the ending is funny.
    Oh come on.. variety is the spice of life... umm yeah.
    Woohoo in Cars. Foggy windows, and the car popping up like a lowrider! Of course we need cars for that.
    Really though nearly anything they add that can be closed, fogged up or covered could be funny.
    Death by Fright. After they add in the Fear emotion!!
    Sure .. it's rated teen and it's not like they show anything. It's mostly funny and it's more tame in many ways then the past iterations.
    Some saves or stories I have are about killing sims for various reasons.. experiments, money, or just because my sim is mean. Rarely do my sims die autonomously. Actually most are immortal though if I don't want them to eventually die.. because I play with aging off.
    Probably not. It's the sims, it's silly. At times I'd like things to be more realistic in some ways but it's really not the game for that. I do want things added to the game like funerals and cemeteries as a venue. I'd like more done with Ghosts also but not sure that's about handling death.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    @sketches wrote: »
    What do you mean?

E.G, do you think the Grim Reaper is a fun addItion or do you feel that death should be handled more realistically? Do you think graveyards should be a thing? Etc. ;)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020
    I didn't find a need to answer your other questions. Sorry.

You’re good. No need to apologize! ;)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    The hot tub, because the devs were actually not shy with the animations for that one. I miss that.

I don't kill my sims deliberately, mostly because it is so difficult without using cheats, my favorite is probably death by anger. It feels fitting as a punishment for your sim being very angry.

On a table, it would be pretty funny because you could do it in public.

More ways where you can kill a sim deliberately, we have games like Fortnite and Apex Legends that are rated T for Teen so let us be able to plant bombs or cause electrical failures.

I think it is appropriate, but I also think it is overused, I would rather have more ways to be romantic with my sims than just wohooing. We have very little animations where the sims touch each other. They could add some stuff from the old games like slow dancing or cuddling in bed.

My sims are immortal, if I don't like a sim I change them in cas.fulleditmode.

I think they handle death fine in this game, sims standing around and crying who doesn't even know the sim is a little weird, otherwise I think it is fine.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    One of the newest deaths is from flies if you have eco lifestyle.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited July 2020
    1) What is the ultimate Woohoo location?
    My all time favorite is still the walk-in closet from Get Together. I love the animations before and after. Especially the little details like groping for the door handle like they're having trouble finding it. :joy:

2) What is the ultimate way to End it all?
    I'm not qualified to give an opinion. See question 6 :lol:

3) Which new Woohoo Location would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    I don't have any special requests. I just like new places being added.

4) Which new Death Type would you like to see in future packs or updates?
    Same as 2. See question 6

5) Do you think Woohoo is appropriate for this game? If not, why?
    Yes. It's done in a way that fits the style and feel of the game and it's part of life.

6) Do you purposely kill your Sims, do you let autonomy do its job, or are your sims Immortal?
    I never let my sims die unless it is a really important part of a story I am creating. I keep aging turned off. I rarely age anyone up. I have mods to get rid of some of the deaths I particularity don't like (such as the emotional deaths) and I am careful to avoid letting sims do things that could get them killed. I like that in most cases you get a second chance (you have to do the thing twice in a row to trigger the death) so most deaths can be fairly easily avoided.

7) Do you think Death should be handled differently?
    I'd like it to be more customizable. Being able to toggle on or off specific death types individually, or choose the circumstances needed to trigger the death myself would be nice. I might use it more in stories if I could have more control over it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2020
    Nothing wrong with a comfy bed (or coffin if your sim is a more traditional vampire).

I don't really have a favourite. I suppose drowning or fire are the classics.

The car when they (hopefully) return.

Definitely scared to death. TS4 really needs a fear emotion added.

Yes, it's completely normal and appropriate for the rating.

I usually become far too attached to my sims to kill them, but I have killed a few for storytelling. I usually play with ageing off and choose when my sims age and/or die. My main sim is a vampire though so he's immortal anyway.

I think it's handled well, although I wouldn't mind more drama and death types. I actually voted for the Dangerous Stuff theme when most voted for Eco Lifestyle/Laundry. I also think it would be great to have funerals and graveyards for storytelling.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hot tub is the raunchiest so far.

Pufferfish poisoning. The animation is fun.

Rug/floor/terrain woohoo (woohoo anywhere, basically). Throw a blanket over them if you need the censor.

Scared to death (need Fear emotion).

Yes. It's a life simulation game. Woohoo creates new life. Teens should have had woohoo education (not abstinence education) IRL already.

Occasionally I will try and kill a sim. I don't try and stop sims from dying, but I do plead with Grim... Then it's his fault if they die. My sims are not immortal, though I might adjust lifespan length.

I think there needs to be more chance of dying through autonomy. At the moment there aren't enough random deaths or other bad things like fires. It can be hard to kill sims deliberately and too easy to correct a played sim's emotion and therefore prevent emotional deaths.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Not sure, a variety makes it more interesting. I have to laugh sometimes at the places my sims chose to woohoo.
    (Haven't done the rocketship one though, sounds epic!)

Old age. Boring, I know.

The swing-set maybe? :D

Falling down stairs. :tongue:

Of course. Part of the attraction to the game, I suppose. The dogs and cats 'woohooing' is funny!

Generally immortal. Other than old age. I guess I'm careful with them. And I don't think the game will kill them with a random death in NPC mode?

No

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    Rocket ship
    Pufferfish
    car and elevator
    death by fear
    yes because in my country everyone who is old enough to play has done sex education in school
    My sims are immortal
    No

Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited August 2020
    The butt

The butt

The butt

The butt

Yes. Butt love for all

#NotSorry