Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

20th Anniversary Ideas

I'm aware the 20th anniversary thing happened a while ago, but I'd like to use this discussion to list ideas of what they (Not sure if I should call them EA or Maxis) could've done or can do for a future anniversary. I really wish they would put Sims 1 or 2 up on Origin. They put Sims 2 on Origin a few years ago so maybe they could've done it again? As far as I know, the only legal way to get TS1 or TS2 is by buying a disk from someone since those games are abandonware. Honestly, anything would've been better than a recolor of a hot tub since a hot tub was pretty much a selling point for a stuff pack.
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
.~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
 ゚・。・

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited July 2020
    A commemorative in-game statue would've been better IMO, because they would've actually put some effort into creating a new mesh and textures for a new object. As opposed to reusing one of the Perfect Patio hot tub meshes and adding a roof to it. A hot tub with an original mesh would've been fine too, because at least it would've been a unique addition

They actually put more effort into the 16th anniversary come to think of it, because that's the one that added new gameplay for each of the 3 predecessors
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I don't own the pack that has hot tubs in Sims 4 so it was nice to get the free one, but I think I've only used it in one household anyway!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have a few.

1. A countdown in-game challenge. So then, on the day of the 20th anniversary, we are able to collect the rewards in a form of new items. This is not only encouraging people to play more, but it shows how interactive this game can be.

2. Fun Facts page while we are downloading the game. So, it gives us a sort of "history" lesson, especially for those who just started playing the Sims game.

3. The historical NPCs like Mrs Crumplebottom or Bonehilda been patched in.

More than anything, any will do besides than the hot tub. :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I wish we could put bath bombs foam in the hot tub. Add jacuzzi jets for extra relaxation and foam for fun or as a prank.