Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited August 2021
    @bekkasan Oh my goodness I LOVED every second of this chapter!! :smiley:<3 Lee and Layla kiss (squeal!) and they find that they are each other's soul mates! **Blissful sigh** :blush: I'm so happy for them both!
    (When you mentioned them feeling like they'd known each other forever, that's exactly how it felt when J and I first met. :blush: Then we couldn't stop talking and talked SO long into the evening that our religious teacher was closing up the building and told us it was okay if we stuck around in the parking lot. :p It's funny you mentioned something similar in Layla's thoughts as well. ;) )

That song was PERFECT for the scene! :star: Never heard it before and I love it! <3

I love how they were thinking the same things in the foyer and when Layla ascended the stairs to change. That was very well done. ;)

She wore quite the sexy, back revealing top. :smirk: I wonder if she did that a little on purpose...
    I wish I had her body. Those yoga poses were great and I also liked how you cleverly posed them stretching by the bars before going for their jog. :)
    Lee has a nice bod and muscles so I don't blame her enjoying the view from behind. Hee hee! :blush:

What a sweet offer from Bekka and they didn't waste ANY time. :lol: I guess they felt like they'd waited long enough for each other. ;)

Truly an epically romantic and enjoyable read. :star: Awesome job!

:kissing_heart:
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekksan oh so happy for Lee and Layla!

Gosh all the pics of that lovely place are astoundingly beautiful!

The work out scenes are so great! :)
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : aww, finally Lee and Layla found out that they are soulmates!
    It was so clearly from the moment they´ve met!
    They enjoyed their company so much and that while they both were loners at the beginning.
    I think that Layla has so much luck to be together with Lee, as I´ve already said, I think he is the only man in the world who can handle her in the right way!
    You´ve made some very great pictures, the scenery ones of Hidden Springs are gorgeous!
    And Lee looks so good in his sports outfit, with all his tattoos and the pony tail! (And this muscles! ;) )
    But I have to say that Layla just had chosen her outfit for Lee, right? How can she wear this top while making yoga???? Without a bra? I would have been in panic that something would fall out of the top which shouldn´t or it would reveal too much of my private parts!!
    I can understand that she didn´t feel as relaxed as she normally is, it´s because of her badly chosen outfit!!! :p (which is beautiful, btw!)
    Isn´t the jogging track maker mod by icarus_allsorts great? That makes such great pictures! (I had to make such jogging pictures, too, in the last days for Tyler´s new update and cursed myself, because I wanted them to run at the sidewalk and not at a track)

Their first kiss! And Lee was sooo shy and unsure if she wanted him or if she laughed about him! He must have been sooo happy that she responded his kiss! They look so good together! <3
    And they don´t lose ANY time! :D That was fast and nice from Bekka to offer her house for their needs...

That was a grrrreat update!!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@PalmArrow I appreciate you reading and commenting! :smiley::heart:
    It was time! Those wishes kept happening! I loved her outfit too. Thanks!

@emorrill I was so hoping you would love it! :love: I was listening to video's and that one came on and inspired the whole chapter. I wasn't planning on much more than the exercises and getting to know each other better. It just wrote itself after seeing how sweet they were together.

That's how I felt with T first time we talked.

hmm, the outfit was all creator! :grin: I love that top!

I really didn't want to make them wait either. I figured once the romantic wishes were happening it was time.
    Thanks so much for the awesome comments! It makes me happy reading them. I know you are writing on your phone and how hard that is! :smiley::heart:

@DivaDoodle Thanks for your comments. :heart::smiley: I do appreciate it as I know you are still feeling poorly.
    Lee and Layla appreciate it too!
    I'm happy you enjoyed the pictures.
    Did you get the prior notification from me about the hair you liked? I know sometimes notifications are borked. It's on the previous page. 22.

@AlexaKry I'm so glad you popped in and found the update! :heart::smiley:
    I do agree that they are actually a good match even though I didn't plan it that way.
    LOL, they were actually gonna go back to the library and sit til needed again. :grin: Both were so much fun and interested in each other, I couldn't turf them to the library.

Hidden Springs really is a beautiful town. I've played one other family in it but they only stayed briefly as that was a save where they spent a month in each world. Each season lasted 7 days. Gosh that was a long time ago! I had started accumulating store worlds and EP worlds and wanted to check them all out. I didn't have player worlds back then though. Was scared of cc and mods back then. :D

hehe, I love that top! It's one of my favorite cc tops. I would have worn it back before gravity hit! :lol:

I do love the jogging track and usually put it somewhere in one of the parks. It was fun extending the roof on the gym and putting it there. I remember a gym in NC that had a rooftop jogging track as well as an indoor one. I don't jog but they had walker hours too.

Both Lee and Layla were so shy about the first move! I was listening to video's Saturday morning and that song came on and I'm like that is perfect for them. I rewrote the entire chapter as I played (I only had planned them exercising and getting to know each other better) and yep, prodded them a little. It didn't take much cause once that first kiss happened I didn't have to do anything else except hit the c button and send them to Bekka's house! :heart:
    Thanks so much for saying it was a "grrrreat update"! <3 Made me happy!

Sorry

https://youtu.be/p0Pmr6CQzWo

Damien takes a moment to enjoy the new office space. He will enjoy working closer with Jamie and Mary helping others overcome problems. He knows they will have more clients in the future. Both the local police and the insurance investigators have been pleased with the results of his previous cases. They will definitely provide referrals. Jamie thinks the occult community will flock to them once word gets out about how he resolved Betty's mystery as well as solved Mary's murder. They are both looking forward to helping other occult members with Jamie.
    51345692503_3f953c3a6b_o.jpg

Damien sits down at his desk sipping on his warm coffee. Opening his computer, he reviews his notes on the fire ghost case. He checks the search program set to discover information on known arsonists in the area. Several firebugs live in this area. One familiar name doesn’t surprise him. Elias is on the list. He must convince Elias to talk with him. Damien closes his computer and takes a few more sips of coffee. Leaning forward lost in thought, he recalls Mary telling him about Elias. Apparently Elias liked helping her work on the old car in the garage. He knows what to do now.
    51345692453_764f22ee70_o.jpg
    51346209784_b7346d0ee5_o.jpg

Changing his clothes, Damien goes into the garage and begins working on the body of the old car. It is almost ready for the first coat of paint to be applied. Mary has carefully removed all the rust and old paint with her hard work. The room begins to feel quite warm. He has learned over the last few months increased warmth in a room is a tell-tell sign of a fire ghost.
    51306344230_3842ae5c1e_o.jpg
    51306344215_f4a8d1665b_o.jpg

Sure enough, Elias appears and watches him work on the body for a few moments. Damien watches Elias float to the front of the car and poke around in the engine. “Have you tried turning it on? Mary was working on the engine.”

“Damien looks over at him. “No, I have not. Why don’t you start it and see what happens?”

Elias glides into the car and manipulates the key to turn the engine on.
    “It sounds worse than howling cats!” Elias exclaims.

“It does sound pretty bad. Do you know anything about engines?”

“Yes, but I can’t handle the heavy tools with these ghostly fingers. Just light objects like the key.”

Damien begins the work with Elias' guidance. He learns which tools to use and what to do with them.
    “Good work. Maybe that’s got it.” Elias finally tells him. “I’ll try it once more.”
    Elias turns the key and the engine catches and purrs, but then chokes off.
    Damien follows his instructions and soon the car starts easily.
    Elias looks pleased. "You did good for someone who doesn't know cars. You should start it every day while you work on the body so it won't freeze up again."
    "Thanks for the help Elias!"
    51305336316_fa766c70ae_o.jpg
    51304590712_e41096fcf2_o.jpg
    51305336296_d55b609203_o.jpg

“Can we discuss why you left so abruptly when talking about the fire?" Damien asks.
    “Yeah, I guess so. I figured you would eventually get back to me.”
    “Let's go up to the office.”

Instead of sitting behind the desk, Damien sits next to Elias.
    Elias notices the folder on the desk with his mug shot on the top. “I guess you think you know all about me now?"
    "Not necessarily. Why don't you tell me about yourself?"
    They discuss his background. The only time Elias was caught and convicted was in his 20's. He served two years for setting fire to a car. He worked for the syndicate after getting out of prison. Arson was his specialty.
    51306055944_461f9972db_o.jpg

Elias talks about the various jobs he did with the syndicate. When he gets to the last job he becomes more and more upset. Elias stands and paces back and forth as he talks. Damien is worried he will disappear again. Elias begins to sob and collapses on the sofa crying out. “No one was supposed to be inside. I was told the building was empty and had been abandoned for many years. I did a check and it was abandoned. I saw no signs that even the homeless were living in it.”

He sobs in misery, repeating over and over. “No one was supposed to be inside.”
    51306344105_40119a053b_o.jpg
    51306344080_a404dd562e_o.jpg

Damien sits beside him and waits for him to calm down. Once Elias quiets, he asks, “Who asked you to set fire to the building?”
    “The head of the syndicate. They wanted to collect the insurance on the building. It was not worth renovating in that neighborhood. Unbeknownst to me at the time, they wanted to kill the Romero’s as well. I tried saving them when I heard their cries. I ran back in and climbed the ladder to the offices. I did my job too well. The place was ruined, full of flammables, old rags, papers and rotting wood. It went up in flames before I could get near the office. I deserved what happened to me. But they didn’t deserve what happened to them. I was shocked when we all ended up here. I couldn’t tell them I was the reason they were dead. I just didn’t talk about my death.”
    51304590622_779b4ee656_o.jpg

“I’m not informing them, but I think you should. They deserve to know their death was ordered by their boss. I need to collect evidence of his guilt for them to move on. You could help them do that. You also need resolution Elias. Telling them, helping me, this may give you resolution.
    “Damien, I don’t care what happens to me but yes, I do want to help them find their way out of this ghostly life we lead. I will talk with them. Can we do it now?”
    51306055909_e6faee22f8_o.jpg

Damien calls Daisy and Daniel to his office. He starts the discussion by explaining the course of his investigation and that Elias has some things to tell them.
    Elias nods to both of them. With his eyes downcast he explains working for the same syndicate as them. "My job was to burn down buildings for them to collect insurance money. They always assured me the buildings were empty, but I went through them myself to be sure. I found no evidence of anyone living in the building. I went in at dusk to set up the small explosives that would start the burn later on a timer. I had perfected them, so they were not detected by arson investigators. I always return to be sure they work. I heard your screams after the fire started. The building was supposed to be empty. I hadn't checked it again before the explosives went off. Rushing inside I tried to rescue you. The flames were racing through the building. I was caught by the flames climbing the stairs to the office where you were trapped. The flames engulfed me as well as you. I did my job too well in that old dilapidated building. The flames tore through it in minutes. Sorry is not enough, but I am desperately sorry. No one was supposed to be inside." He breaks down into tears again as Daniel and Daisy listen in horror to his story.
    51304590547_54c0cedffa_o.jpg

Daniel looks over at Elias sobbing in the chair. "Damien, I want the man behind Elias. Nothing will be resolved until he is caught. We were petty thieves working for the syndicate. We were not murderers or assassins. Why we were targeted for death I don't understand. Elias is as much a victim as we are. He did not know we were inside and he died trying to save us. We know Elias well after living here over the many years. He is not a murderer. I understand why he did not want to tell us."
    Elias sobs even harder after Daniel's comments.

Damien looks over at Daisy and she nods in agreement. “Bring the man that ordered our deaths to justice Damien. That is the resolution we need.”

Daniel moves over to Elias and pats his shoulder awkwardly, but with compassion. Daisy stands next to him consoling him as well, wiping tears out of her eyes. Damien looks over amazed at the show of support and forgiveness they have for Elias. When Elias is calmer, Damien asks them all to have a seat.
    51304590532_36756f0fd7_o.jpg

Damien takes out his notepad. “Tell me all about the syndicate. I need all the names you recall, who was in charge, who was second, etc. I want to know the relationships of those names within the syndicate, any enemies they had, jobs you did, dates, who you reported to. Basically, I need anything at all that you can remember to help figure this out.”
    The three of them talk for several hours as Damien records the information. It seems as though the syndicate did have a specific hierarchy. Some of the names Elias recalls are not always known by Daniel and Daisy. All three agree on who was the leader at the time of the fire.
    51306055799_efcfbb6839_o.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

My network was down the whole day yesterday,
    going to comment now.

Damien is so handsome looking focused
    like that. <3
    Good Damien finally could talk with Elias and the tohers.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :heart::smiley:
    Bummer your network was out and all day too! Frustrating!
    Yes, Damien is getting things done and not looking quite so sad. :smile:

@bekkasan Yes I'm sorry I forgot to say about the hair, yes I did see it and appreciate you telling me! <3

The new office pace looks fantastic! I know Damien must love it!

I am loving how all these clues are coming forth! I like knowing that Elias enjoyed working on the old car in the garage.
    Yikes! vI don't trust Elias at ALL! I don't like his suggesting to Damien to turn the car on and am glad when I read Damien say why don't You start the car!

omg and now Elias says for Damien to start the car Everyday? NO! I am thinking car explosions! and I don't trust Elias! Why doesn't Elias start the car everyday?! I will be very glad when Damien figures out this guy!

oh ok, so Elias is now sobbing about remembering the last job. ok so it was an apparent accident. Gee that must be so hard to live with, accidentally causing people's deaths! I feel for him wanting to help the others get resolution.

''Elias sobs even harder after Daniel's comments.'' I liked how you wrote that, it is so believable that a person racked with guilt would do that upon hearing Daniels words!!!

Amazingly Good update, my friend!!!
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , I enjoyed seeing Damien working on a ghost murder mystery, and the fire ghosts make for very pretty screenshots!

@DivaDoodle I'm glad you did see about the hair. I didn't want you to miss it if you wanted it.
    Thanks so much for your comments. :heart: I'm glad you liked the new office! :smiley:
    You were smart not to trust him, but he doesn't have meanness in his heart. He just had a problem with liking fire. I think he should have known someone might get hurt someday though.
    I'm happy you thought it was a good update. Thanks again!

@PalmArrow Thanks for commenting. I'm happy you are still reading the story. :smiley::heart:
    I love reading mysteries so it is fun making up a few simple ones for Damien to solve. :grin:
    @bekkasan : so good to see that Damien can distract himself from always thinking of Mary by working!
    What a good strategy of him to work on the car in order to lure Elias out.

What a tragical story Elias has to tell! I even feel sad for him although he did something very criminal!
    Not only that he liked to set things on fire, he did it to earn money! That is just criminal! But although I should be angry about him, especially because he killed two people, you evoke some pity for him in me! Not good! :D As said, he killed people, by accident but that is no excuse!
    But he must feel so guilty and bad that even his victims feel sad for him!
    I just hope that Damien can help them.
    Although I hope for him that he doesn´t mess with the Mafia and that they want to kill him, too!

That would be an interesting twist of the story, hm? Damien gets killed and comes back as a ghost while Mary gets revived again by Lee!!!!

Could you PLEASE hurry up your moon phase to full moon now???

@AlexaKry Thanks for your comments! :heart::smiley:
    Elias is definitely a criminal and yep, loved setting the fires. He wasn't a killer though and instead of running away from the fire, he tried to save them. He does feel guilty and will do what he can to help Daniel and Daisy get justice. I'm glad you felt a little pity for him.

Yikes! That would be an wicked twist. LOL, I have a few alternate endings written for this story depending on how things go as it progresses. :wink: I will add that one to the list and give you full credit if I use it. :LOL: I expect a few readers would be very mad if I did that one.

Looked for an update from you this morning. Didn't see one. :cry: Get busy girl! :lol:

I'm not sure how to make it faster to get the full moon sooner.
    @bekkasan : I will take full credit! It would be crazy to have their roles changed! :D;):p

You can just set the moonphase on static and chose full moon, nothing easier than that! You just want us to suffer and wait for it! :DB)

I am working hard on the next update, I just have too many pictures and too many things I want to put in it that it is a too ambitious plan, so I have to cut it to a reasonable size. I hope there will be an update ready in the next days!

@AlexaKry hehe, you know me well! I got a few things that need to happen before Mary hopefully comes back. Good to know about choosing it if I accidentally miss the full moon.

I hope you are able to cut it down as you want it. I'm excited to see Tyler and Sif and the others again!

Choices

https://youtu.be/79LYSDymVEc

Work consumes quite a bit of time for Bekka and Jamie. Bekka accepts several new clients including the restaurant where she and Jamie enjoyed a date. The owner appreciates her innovative ideas and promptly hires her to undertake the renovations to his restaurant.
    Jamie continues working with Liam and the ghost hunters. He has informed the national organization he is not willing to travel in the next few months. He does not want to leave Damien or Bekka at this time.
    With Liam's agreement, Jamie establishes a training program for the ghost hunters on Liam's staff. He was shocked at their inability to rid the Vanderburg mansion of the poltergeists. He believes that with proper training, the hunters will be able to deal with any type of ghost invasion. A few of the group are willing and excited about traveling to complete assignments. Liam and the national group agreed to hire Jamie to develop the program and train the ghost hunters.
    Despite their busy lives they always choose to spend time with each other, growing closer every day.
    51344186380_75631b9230_o.jpg
    51343165301_0c49bafefa_o.jpg
    51363500016_b088deae94_o.jpg
    51363720388_b40680ee2a_o.jpg

They are both on hand to greet Lee and Layla as they return home.
    Jamie waves at Lee and shakes his hand. “Congratulations and welcome to the family.”
    Lee looks a little puzzled at Jamie’s comment. “Thank you, but I am not quite certain I understand.”
    “You don’t have to be blood to be family. Damien and I are closer than brothers. Mary and Bekka bonded like sisters right away. Layla has always been a bossy sister to me. Mary bonded with Layla arguing like sisters do. Layla treats Bekka like a favorite niece. So, welcome to the family."
    Lee laughs appreciating Jamie’s description. I do understand now. I am privileged to become part of the family.”

Bekka greets Layla with a hug. “Congratulations again!
    “Bless you for the gift of your home last night. It was perfect.”
    Layla blushes and looks the happiest Bekka has seen her since they met.
    51363499706_15bb5053e3_o.jpg

“I am so happy for you, Layla.” Jamie exclaims, hugging her tightly. “Bekka wondered about you two, but I had no idea what was happening. I didn’t get a hint but now it is radiating from both of you strongly. I guess my powers are not always present.”
    Layla looks thoughtful. “We didn’t know until we kissed. It was instantaneous when we kissed. I was attracted to him and him to me. The pull was there to be with him. I didn’t recognize it as his soul pulling me to him, though. Guess I had too many other things on my mind. It was truly beautiful Jamie.”
    51364514185_d9cd295c24_o.jpg

Damien arrives downstairs and congratulates Lee and Layla. He overheard Jamie’s description of their family and agrees, welcoming Lee and Layla. “I would love to stay and celebrate with you, but I have meetings in town."
    He turns to Jamie, "Will you be here this afternoon? I need to meet with you about the case."
    “Yes, I should be back this afternoon. I’ll text you when my class is over.”
    51362744052_94185f8b97_o.jpg

No one is at the front desk when Damien arrives at the police station. He's been here a few times and knows his way around. He walks to the chief's office and knocks on the door.
    Damien reveals all the information he has on the syndicate. He lets the chief know what he has planned and hopes he is able to assist. The chief knows Damien's background but wants his vice squad involved. They have been working hard to obtain evidence on the syndicate. The group spends several hours reviewing Damien's chosen plan. Some additions are made to the plan. Damien will talk with Jamie later today and meet with the team tomorrow to finalize details.
    51363499596_bc4be40e12_o.jpg

Jamie arrives home before Damien and spends time on his computer while he waits. He completes the list of ingredients as well as the various recipes that must be tested.
    After finishing, Jamie stands and gazes out the window at the rainbow in the sky. It appears to be so close that he could almost touch it. He glimpses Damien pull up in his new car and waits in the entryway to greet him.
    51311148373_2f68d2a189_o.jpg
    51367818643_667fc63335_o.jpg

Layla and Bekka raid the attic to find a double bed for her and Lee to share. “It seems like love is all around us right now.”
    “Yes, I never expected to find my soulmate after so many years. I’m so happy and yet so conflicted about what to do. Lee tells me he will support whatever I decide. I'm going to have to make a choice.”
    “Search your heart Layla and decide what will make you happiest.”
    Layla appears thoughtful. “One of the happier times in my life was with Jerich and the children. We were not soulmates. He had lost his mate a few years before we met. We loved each other very much though. I helped raise your Mom and her brothers and sisters. The visions started after they were grown and had moved out. Jerich encouraged me to follow the visions and become the Oracle. He wanted me to experience all of what life had for me. He knew my soulmate was out there somewhere. He also thought I would miss finding my mate staying with him.”
    “Mom always said they were lucky to have you in their lives. He was a good father but became a much better one after you entered their lives. You taught him how to love again.”
    Tears fall as they talk and reminisce. “Thank you for telling me that. I tried coming to all the mating ceremonies and only missed your Uncle Chase’s. I met his bride later. I was at your parents' vigil, but they had you sedated so we didn't meet."
    51363499531_6fae388bff_o.jpg
    51368333714_5cf2ef8bd5_o.jpg

Layla hugs Bekka after they complete the room. "It looks very comfortable. Thank you. You've given me much to think about. I'm going to go upstairs and do just that." Up in the attic Layla prepares her carpet and candles. Sitting on the rug, she clears her mind with practiced ease. Taking deep breaths, her heart rate slows and becomes barely perceptible. Her body systems slow down as she prepares to enter the Fates realm.
    Her soul escapes her body and enters the realm. She searches for the Fates who are usually waiting for her. She cannot find them. She calls them but they do not come. She travels through their kingdom searching. Finally, tired and confused she seeks her body and enters. She takes a deep breath and another until her breathing and heartbeat are back to normal.
    Opening her eyes, she is exhausted and bewildered. Where are the Fates? She crawls on the bed and closes her eyes, falling asleep instantly.
    51364234649_5bbda1aaef_o.jpg
    51362743317_5aac61363b_o.jpg
    51363498771_525f060086_o.jpg
    51362743237_b1748ef1ae_o.jpg

Lee works in the basement unloading the martial arts equipment, sparring mats, and other things that Jamie sent home from Shang Simla. Bekka arrives to complete the decorating so the room will be more comfortable to use. The basement room was originally used as a family room with pool tables and other things to enjoy during the harsh winters. She leaves the original wall coverings but gives them a thorough cleaning with her powers and they shine bright with all the dust and grime gone. She adds dragon panels to one wall that she found in Mary’s attic. She is not sure what Mary planned for them but they seem perfect in this room. The carpet is threadbare and faded. She replaces the carpet, and Lee suggests placing the sparring mats in the middle of the floor.
    Jamie and Damien’s original workout equipment meets with Lee’s approval and he and Bekka work together placing the equipment around the room. The shower is updated, and a locker is placed for towels and clothing.
    Lee looks around the room with approval. “This will be a wonderful place to workout as well as meditate when the weather is bad outside.”
    “I may have to come train with you as well.” Bekka smiles with satisfaction. The room looks just as Damien sketched except with the addition of the martial arts equipment.
    “It would benefit all to learn. I’m going to talk with Damien about starting sessions with him.”
    “Thanks so much for helping Lee. The work went by quickly with your help. I need to get ready for dinner with my Godparents.”
    51366837697_b041e9d84a_o.jpg
    51363719683_8d2eb0b160_o.jpg
    51364234494_211a65b2ac_o.jpg

@bekkasan : good to see some normal life pictures of them all!
    I just hope for Damien and Jamie that their plan made together with police will be successful!
    I really just hope that police is not as inapt here in Hidden Springs than in real life....
    Nice to see that they all see themselves as a big family! Wouldn´t it be nice if people were as open as the friends in real life?
    (sorry, I´m a bit too sarcastical today... o:) )
    Strange that Layla couldn´t find the fates! Could it be that she isn´t an oracle anymore? And if so, how would she react to that?
    Or does fate concentrate on something like reviving someone special?
    I like the newly decorated rooms, they look very comfy, cozy and warm. It must be nice to come home from wherever you have been and find a house filled with so much love...
    :D I just wonder how on earth they could learn martial arts with this ceiling lights hanging from the ceiling... I now imagine them hanging with their legs in the lights, slowly dangling back and forth.... >:)
    That was a very nice song!

And after I´ve looked at the pictures again: is there full moon finally? Because Jamie´s skin looks so full-moonish again...

@bekkasan beautiful choice of song!

I love what Jamie is wearing! is that new? Is it the new ghost busters uniform? the one all in black.

hehehe excellent description of family by Jamie to Lee!

Wow Damien's on to the syndicate and having the police involved as well should get just desserts for them! I hope the plan works!

Oh wow so Layla cannot find the fates? Interesting and mysterious! I bet that was exhausting to then fall asleep immediately afterwards! I love the pic of her levitating!!!

I like the workout room it looks so nice! Especially the wall with all the dragons on it!

Great update!!!🤗🤗🤗🤗

@bekkasan

Congrats to Lee and Layla, they are so adorable
    together and seem to fit each other really well.

@AlexaKry Thanks for reading and commenting! I love reading your take on things! :heart::smiley:
    Yep, life must go on so need to have some normal stuff going on too.
    I hope it will be successful too!
    hehe, I think the chief must be a little smarter than the poor patrolman that gets sent out for burglaries. I sure hope so.

I love extended families and yes, wish it worked in real life as well.
    Yes, what were the Fates doing not in the Realm?
    Need lots of lights in the basements! Missing the lights will be part of their agility testing. :lol:

I'm glad you liked the song. I thought it was good too.
    I think Jamie keeps changing skins on me! He did look a little off in a couple of pictures. Nope, no full moon yet. 5 game days so a lot can happen in 5 days. :wink:

@DivaDoodle Thanks for reading and your comments make me smile. :smiley: I'm happy you liked the song. :heart:
    He got that uniform with one of his promotions in ghost hunting.

I think they make a great fun family.
    Fates were not in the Realm as they should be. :wink:

I loved building the home gym. I usually make sims go out but sometimes townies will hog the MA equipment so not having that. :lol:
    I'm glad you enjoyed the update. Hopefully more soon.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :smiley::heart:
    I like them together even though I didn't plan it. :grin:
    They both knew what they wanted.
    edited August 2021
    Damien's Plan

Damien and Jamie sit down across from each other. Damien updates him on the fire ghost mystery. “I need to figure out who actually ordered the murder of Daisy and Daniel. Is it the same man who ordered the fire? Or someone else in the organization? They want to know who ordered their murder and bring him to justice. My plan is to infiltrate the local gang and discover what I can find out from the inside.”
    51364234799_4609d3eb8a_o.jpg
    51362743887_006ed527ca_o.jpg

Jamie looks at him with shock and concern on his face. “What? Have you gone completely bonkers?”
    “Of course not Jamie! I did undercover work while on the police force back home. I know what I am doing. My meeting today was with the police chief and several members of the vice squad. They agree with the plan and want to obtain irrefutable evidence of the gang’s activities in order to put them out of business.
    “Of course, you have experience but it sounds extremely dangerous. The syndicate has no problem killing off their own people. I rather imagine they would easily dispose of an infiltrator if they were discovered."
    51363719898_eb2738ab3e_o.jpg

"I won't be alone. Elias will be going with me. I’ll hide his ghost gnome somewhere on the property. From his time with them, he is familiar with the headquarters layout. He will be able to snoop around and lead me to anything useful he might find. No one will see him as he will make himself invisible to others."
    51363719803_a5bcce99c1_o.jpg

Despite Elias' proposed presence, Jamie is concerned for Damien's safety. Damien's previous experience at undercover work certainly helps, but does not guarantee his safety. "I really don't like it. If you think I will just sit here at home twiddling my thumbs, think again."
    "You will play a role in this as well." Damien goes into detail about what he needs Jamie to do. "Is this at all possible?"
    Jamie smiles, eagerly anticipating the chaos he can provide. "Yes, with a few minor alterations, it should be fairly simple to accomplish. When are you starting this operation?”
    51363719858_09d9ec3f51_o.jpg
    51363719963_0f9f12f04d_o.jpg

Lee enters the office and overhears the discussion. Damien's plan intrigues him, but the danger it poses to his new friends worries him.
    “I realize I am not a police officer or a private investigator, but my magical abilities and martial arts skills are quite formidable. Is it possible for me to assist you with this plan?”
    Damien and Jamie exchange a friendly grin. Lee’s skills are the perfect addition to the plan.
    51364234449_183afddb09_o.jpg
    51364234394_2bea5b64fd_o.jpg

Jamie receives a text from Bekka. “Ready to go?
    “Oh s*&@, I forgot we are having dinner with the Vanderburg’s this evening. I need to hurry and get ready. I can’t have dinner at the bistro like this!”
    Damien laughs, "No, it is not at all an outfit to impress Bekka's family. We can finish planning tomorrow. The chief has requested to review the plan before we implement it. They are still working on my fake identity papers. I hope everything goes well with dinner.
    Jamie nods and looks apprehensive. "I hope so too!"
    51362743442_82087d3309_o.jpg

Jamie texts Bekka he is on the way. He hurries over to the house stopping abruptly when he sees her waiting in the living room. “You are so beautiful!" He kisses her and wishes they weren't going to meet her family.
    Reluctantly letting her go he tells her, "I’ll be back in a few minutes!”
    Taking the stairs two at a time, he rushes into the bathroom and takes a fast shower and changes into more appropriate clothing.
    She waits patiently and giggles with delight as he leaps down the stairs and slides his way to her. He looks devastatingly handsome in his black jacket with sparkling silver designs.
    51364513535_6363f5479c_o.jpg
    51363498941_c48852442f_o.jpg

Lee invites Damien to take a look around the newly renovated gym.
    "Wow, this is incredible. I believe that studying martial arts is a fantastic idea. In the police academy, I received hand-to-hand combat training. This will provide me with additional skills. Thank you for your offer."
    "If you'd like, we can get started right away."
    Damien agrees, and Lee shows him the locker filled with Gi's. Lee has Damien do some stretching exercises at the balance bar to start with. They move on to the training dummy, with Lee demonstrating the proper techniques. Damien puts in a lot of effort and gradually gains confidence when striking the dummy. Lee decides to incorporate some leg work, and Damien quickly becomes twisted and the dummy gets the better of him several times before they stop for the evening.
    51364234099_71028954bd_o.jpg
    51364513300_f4d566642e_o.jpg
    51363498721_7917b9ab3b_o.jpg
    51362743157_9cba877baa_o.jpg
    51364234029_fe0d9e5eff_o.jpg

Post edited by bekkasan on

@bekkasan Oh I'm so happy to read another update! Yipeee! :smiley:

I love the opening pic with Damien's FACE! so perfect for what he is saying about the case!
    And then Jamie's face so worried and astonished about the danger of the syndicate and the plan!!! LOL such a marvelous expression! I am getting Such a big kick out of their faces I have to just go back and forth many times before I finally calm down and start over with the story to get the full effect! Are these poses or what were they really talking about? it is so wonderful!

Good, Lee will help too! this is gong to be good!

Hehehe Jamie wishes they didn't have to go meet the family! He is just the cutest most open and delightful person ever! You have done such an incredible job writing his full delightful character! I think Bekka feels the same way too! they are perfect together! Yes he looks so nice in that black Jacket with the shiny things on it!

Lee is so good to train Damien! Lee looks good but I like his hair best in that long super thick pony tail! It just makes Every guy look so cool! Even Worf from Star Trek next Gen looks so sexy with that long thick pony tail, and that is saying a Lot! I mean his Forehead! yeesh!

I still haven't done the martial arts so I sure do love your description on how Damien is fairing learning this difficult art! OMG so the dummy gets the better of him! :D

BTW Did I ever stop gushing enough about Jamie to be able to tell you that Damien has such a beautiful face and Perfect nose, he is lovely! :) Did you say that emorrill made him? He is so pretty, Em! <3

Great Update, I enjoyed reading it! :) MORE!!!
    @bekkasan : oh oh, now Jamie will be involved in this plan as well??? :o Shock!
    Do they really think it wouldn´t be too obvious if both suddenly become part in the criminal club? :o
    I mean, don´t the criminals already know that Damien works as a private investigator on the good side? And that Jamie is a reliable ghost hunter?
    Girl, you make me frightened and my mind goes crazy about what could happen to them!

The ONLY good thing is that they have one of the most powerful warlocks on their side! I just hope the criminals don´t employ one who is even more powerful....
    (sorry, my mind is really going rampant through all things which could happen!!! :D

I love Bekka´s outfit! She looks beautiful in it. Jamie looks, well, like Jamie, but overdressed. ;)
    (I noticed that his skin has changed a somehow. My Sims have such a skin tone when they become genies and I try to get rid off this blue skin. Then I pull the slide to the "normal" color in the skin. Genies always have this colorful skin slider so it´s not easy to get a normal skin for them, they always look a bit blueish, just like Jamie looks at the moment. That is why I suggested it was full moon already...)
    So he has to go to a dinner with the Vanderbilds... I just hope he isn´t too afraid of this, oh well, what am I talking? Of course he isn´t afraid, not Jamie!!!
    51364234099_71028954bd_o.jpg
    This is just a great picture, their faces are so on-point with the text! They look as if they look at the room in aww!
    And I looove Damiens unsure smile at the balet bar! I would feel the same! I am sooo clumsy that I would break the bar before I would be stretched.... :D
    Lee decides to incorporate some leg work, and Damien quickly becomes twisted and the dummy gets the better of him several times before they stop for the evening.
    And again my mind can stop from visualizing..... :D

Come on, my dear, 5 days?????? >:)
    @bekkasan

Comments

I love Bekkas's dress, gorgeous!
    they all look handsome in the last shot <3
    good luck with their operation!

Sorry I was so long in commenting. Work got busy this week and babysat the grand yesterday and he is 9 months old now and crawling all over, trying to walk, climbing on everything (he has no fear) and I'm loving every minute of the time I get to spend with him, despite how tired I am when they pick him up. Totally worth it! He decided yesterday that naps are a thing of the past. :open_mouth: I had hoped to finish work paperwork during his naps. Not. :grin: He's gonna be like his Daddy. He stopped taking a morning nap around this age. Work got cancelled for today, so am catching up on that and the forums. :smiley:

@DivaDoodle I'm glad you were happy to read the update. :smiley::heart:
    None of those pics are poses in this update. All game animations. They were very responsive with the conversation they were having at the time. I didn't have to make them say anything mean to each other either! I hate doing that to get a good expression. Yes, Lee will be very helpful!

Thank you for your comments about Jamie! I just :love: him and makes me happy his personality shines to the readers.
    I love Lee's pony too! It makes him look less formal and more relaxed. hehe, I always loved Worf despite the forehead. So tall and muscular and such lovely facial hair! :love:

I love the MA animations and it is so funny watching them learn early on with the dummy whacking them and them hitting it with 'girlie' slaps. You don't have WA, or is it not in your poor puter? When I was making the decision as to which ones to leave out in my pitiful laptop WA was second on the list to keep.

hehe, glad you love Damien! He is so handsome! Yes, @emorrill made him and she did a super job on him.
    Thanks again for reading and your sweet comments! :heart:

@AlexaKry Thank you so much for your comments. I just love reading them and you make me think 'did she read my outline?' :lol:
    Well, Jamie is his partner so he should be involved. :grin:

All will be revealed eventually! :grin::wink: No big bo.oby girls will be harmed in the sequence. :lol:
    I do like the way your mind wanders though trying to figure out what will happen! :smiley:

Thank you about Bekka's dress! I love that cc outfit and it can look casual and dressy at the same time. I thought it was perfect for a dinner with the family.

He's not truly afraid. Just nervous. He loves Bekka so much. But, he can handle Catarina. :smiley:
    lol, 5 in game days which can take weeks and weeks in real time. Sorry...:heart:

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for your comments! :heart::smiley:
    Thank you! I thought the dress turned out pretty.
    I do hope it all works out with Damien's plan. :grin:

@bekkasan Oh how I've missed you!!! <3 But all is forgiven for time with your sweet Gran! (No, I never forgive work! I think they should pay you to Not work!!! and pay you More if not working mean more Writing Stories!!!)

Fantastic I did think all the expressions were so good and so realistic!

YES!! Jamie's personality shines through and you write him so completely adorable and charmingly irresistible!

Yes I've noticed (we are re watching Next Gen and also Eureka!) that when I see Worf with the ponytail I seldom look at that giant walnut of a forehead! :D

I have WA sitting right behind me, but since I don't like to travel it is easy to resist it! perhaps one day, if I ever get bored with what I have!

Ah! I thought it was emorrill who made that handsome Damien! yes a Very good job!!! :)

So glad you are here! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top