Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims having relationship issues

SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
This is severely affecting my gameplay so much that I only play the Sims 4 in build mode now. My 2 Sims Hope and Rose are married but they are also siblings. I've tried taking out my mods, I've disabled the Discover University and Eco Lifestyle Packs and no solutions have been reached just yet. I'm really running out of options. Should I just reinstall the game and start over vanilla or...?

Edit: Hope is related to her wife, Rose, through her dad Roman. It's really creeping me out lol

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Um, I am not really sure what the bug is from what you described. Were they siblings that suddenly became married or spouses that suddenly became siblings? Also, has this happened to any other sims (as in a current issue that all your households face)?

I have a quick solution for wiping relationships, though. Edit the family; save them in your library; delete the current sims in that edit; then merge in the Sims from the library. You should be able to set relationships again. If for some reason you do not want to do that, you will have to look up relationship cheats and perhaps install a cheat mod.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sorry for the vagueness. They were married then turned into siblings. They have 2 adopted daughters, they saw Rose as the mom and Hope as their aunt. @Calico45 I actually found a solution! So, you need MCCC to do this.

I completely deleted the relationship between Roman (Hope's dad) and Rose. Hope and Rose's relationship changed to married and cousins. I removed the relationship bit "cousins" between the two (Hope and Rose, who are now just married.) with shift click.

Then, I went to the kids. I removed the "aunt" relationship bit between Hope and both of the kids and added mother with MCCC. So the family tree shows Hope as their mother and Rose as the stepmother. That'll do for me.

I hope it works for everyone else having this issue! :)

EDIT: Now it shows their children have Hope as a mother and Rose as a step-mother, during gameplay it says Rose is their aunt, the old issue I had with Hope. :/ and now Rose and Hope are cousins :/
    Post edited by Samlish on
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    testingcheats on or true, don't close cheat window, then type cas.fulleditmode. I think the option for that is the bottom right corner of the walk style drop down modify relationship select room mates. Then you can leave cas, go back in and modify again selecting spouse. This should work. Good luck.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It’s some type of bug that I first noticed after DU came out. I had the same thing happen to a couple I was playing, they were Premades and not related at all. I sent them to uni separately and they stayed as boyfriend and girlfriend the whole time, but after graduating and moving in together they suddenly had the “super siblings” relationship. I too used MCCC to fix it, but it’s an odd bug..cringe :s
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've not seen this bug, but I have heard of others who have, and this song pops in my mind everytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXU-ZdmzNmo
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    It’s some type of bug that I first noticed after DU came out. I had the same thing happen to a couple I was playing, they were Premades and not related at all. I sent them to uni separately and they stayed as boyfriend and girlfriend the whole time, but after graduating and moving in together they suddenly had the “super siblings” relationship. I too used MCCC to fix it, but it’s an odd bug..cringe :s

Did you have them grow up together? (Maybe even with the same caretaker?)

I've had the same issue. I had a teen sim (almost YA) move in with a YA because I wanted them to become a couple when she aged up to YA. Well when she did the guy got the "provided happy childhood" relationship with her and she got the passive parent for him I believe and a super siblings with his child.
    I didn't notice it until they were married... Weirded me out.

So I never have sims that aren't related age up to YA in the same household.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

Did you have them grow up together? (Maybe even with the same caretaker?)

I've had the same issue. I had a teen sim (almost YA) move in with a YA because I wanted them to become a couple when she aged up to YA. Well when she did the guy got the "provided happy childhood" relationship with her and she got the passive parent for him I believe and a super siblings with his child.
    I didn't notice it until they were married... Weirded me out.

So I never have sims that aren't related age up to YA in the same household.
    Ah, yes that must be it! They both “ran away” from home as teens, and moved into the cheap needs TLC apartment together. They were boyfriend and girlfriend and no one else lived with them, but they both aged up to YA in that apartment together.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    "I'm my own Grandpa..."
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited July 2020
    Nevermind, thought @JackOnYourBack's question was for me lol!
    Post edited by Samlish on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Samlish wrote: »
    Sorry for the vagueness. They were married then turned into siblings. They have 2 adopted daughters, they saw Rose as the mom and Hope as their aunt. @Calico45 I actually found a solution! So, you need MCCC to do this.

I completely deleted the relationship between Roman (Hope's dad) and Rose. Hope and Rose's relationship changed to married and cousins. I removed the relationship bit "cousins" between the two (Hope and Rose, who are now just married.) with shift click.

Then, I went to the kids. I removed the "aunt" relationship bit between Hope and both of the kids and added mother with MCCC. So the family tree shows Hope as their mother and Rose as the stepmother. That'll do for me.

I hope it works for everyone else having this issue! :)

EDIT: Now it shows their children have Hope as a mother and Rose as a step-mother, during gameplay it says Rose is their aunt, the old issue I had with Hope. :/ and now Rose and Hope are cousins :/

Ooo! How do you work with cousin relationship bits? That’s something I really need to be able to do in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Had the opposite...sort of...happen in my game. Something erased the father tag on one of my sims and now his ya son flirts with him :/
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2020
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Rouensims you enable cheats with ctrl, shift and c. You then enter Testingcheats true. Play the sim you want then shift-click on the sim you want to edit the relationship with for your current sim. Then hit "remove relationship bit" and it should be right there. You can also "Add relationship bit" and theres a whole bunch of relationships you can add between your selected sim and the one you are playing. I wouldn't recommend adding anything you shouldn't as you can mess the relationship up. Sorry if this sounds complicated! It's way more simple than it sounds!