August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

A turtle's Journey

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 532 Member
    Sometimes you end up in trouble you can not predict..... You are unfortunately just in the wrong place

YgTCkWpl.png
    Chapter 5

liwUNKFh.png
    a turtle's journey * Forum thread
    I am Danish and I use Translate
    You are welcome to join our new Danish forum here: dksimlinger.danskforum.net/
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 852 Member
    edited July 22
    @MonaSolstraale All caught up! :mrgreen:
    I feel bad for Finn. I mean, everyone hates the welcome wagon and their spongy fruit cake, that's pretty much a given. xD But to instantly hate all strangers that come knocking on his door... that's not a good thing. I wonder what happened to make him become like that. It seems like something worse than bullies.

Do you mind if I comment on your writing style? The text between pictures often has the "." missing at the end of the sentence. For me it reads easier if it's there. Maybe you can add it to sentences in future chapters? :blush:
    Post edited by _sims_Yimi on
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks for your comments. <3
    I'm happy with your comments on my writing style and I will try to remember "." from now on. :)
    It's all a teaching process as it's the first time I're translating a story. Without google translate I was completely lost .... but I can still see when the translations are too crazy. I can also see that I often jump around in the present and past in a purely grammatical way. I hope I become more confident with time and along the way I learn a lot by reading other people's stories.

Finn is a loner. ... at least here at the beginning of the story. Part of his behavior is therefore also due to his character traits.
    liwUNKFh.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 3,504 Member
    oh gosh, jumping between past and present is no problem for me xD English is my first language and my teachers hated that I could never stick to one through an entire piece.

I also don't mind the broken English because as something me who completely fails to learn other languages I'm always impressed that others can learn English. It's crazy.
    Signature Loading, please hold.
    @Shadami Thank you for your support <3
    I did not feel offended.... I really want to develop and learn :)
    liwUNKFh.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 3,798 Member
    edited July 22
    The headmaster has a cowplant... Maybe Finn should feed Jeff and Tom to it ;) (although this is a flashback so it's too late to take that advice now).

My heart really warms to Finn <3
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 852 Member

Oh I absolutely didn't mean to offend! Please believe me. I like the story, and there's something really endearing about the way @MonaSolstraale writes. I just wanted to help. <3
    @Shadami Thank you for your support <3
    I did not feel offended.... I really want to develop and learn :)

Didn't think you were xD I'm sure you're gonna get better. :)

I just relate a ton on grammar errors .
    @_sims_Yimi I appreciate your comments and I'm really glad you like the story <3
    @Shadami :+1::)

@MaggieMarley <3 .....I almost fell in love with Finn when I played him :blush:
    ......... and Muhahaha!!!! >:)
    m5YRo4il.png
    liwUNKFh.png

Finally! After a long journey, Finn and Naja have arrived at their destination ... a pristine beach plot in Mua Pel'am.

AYtV8W9l.png
    Chapter 6
    liwUNKFh.png
    I have a question since you said you're trying to learn english. Do you want grammar mistakes pointed out?
    They're in Sulani now, yay! Such a beautiful world.
    I bet Finn is a merman ;)

Naja seemed bored, reading all those books - or maybe she is a bookworm?

Finn is happy though, lots of fishing for him here!
    Shadami wrote: »
    I have a question since you said you're trying to learn english. Do you want grammar mistakes pointed out?
    Thanks for your question :)
    It is difficult to answer yes or no....
    I use google translate and I'm well aware of that the translations do not take grammar into account.
    If I really need to get acquainted with the rules, I need a course and it's getting too extensive here because I'm afraid it's distancing my focus from the story :/
    If, on the other hand, there is a grammatical error that makes the text incomprehensible, so please feel free to tell me :)
    My grandmother was Dutch. As a child, I loved when she read to me with her broken language and special pronunciation of the words. I think that was where I learned that the will to communicate is more important than making it perfect.
    I appreciate your interest in following my tale :)
    liwUNKFh.png
    @MaggieMarley
    Oh! I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you :/
    Finn is not a supernatural person...
    There will be some supernatural beings in the story .... just think of the cowplants :)
    Maybe even a mermaid or merman ;)

Regarding Naja ... You will soon discover that you have already answered your own question ;)
    liwUNKFh.png
    @MaggieMarley
    Oh! I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you :/
    Finn is not a supernatural person...
    There will be some supernatural beings in the story .... just think of the cowplants :)
    Maybe even a mermaid or merman ;)

Regarding Naja ... You will soon discover that you have already answered your own question ;)
    No, I'm not disappointed that Finn isn't supernatural :) I was just guessing, but I am not the best at guessing how stories will go :D . I am so curious to see what happens!
    edited July 23
    I use google translate and I'm well aware of that the translations do not take grammar into account.
    If I really need to get acquainted with the rules, I need a course and it's getting too extensive here because I'm afraid it's distancing my focus from the story :/
    If, on the other hand, there is a grammatical error that makes the text incomprehensible, so please feel free to tell me :)
    My grandmother was Dutch. As a child, I loved when she read to me with her broken language and special pronunciation of the words. I think that was where I learned that the will to communicate is more important than making it perfect.

Don't be hard on yourself, your writing is great! Even I make grammar mistakes and I am a native English speaker :D honestly, there are very very few errors and they are extremely minor errors anyway. They don't by any means affect the quality or readability of the story. It's impressive to me that you are writing a story in another language at all!
    @MaggieMarley Thanks :kissing_heart:<3
    liwUNKFh.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 11,637 Member
    Loved the new chapter! I found it comforting! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 656 Member
    All caught up! I really like the story :) Also, learning English by writing stories is really a good thing. I've been doing this myself (I'm Dutch) for quite a time now and if I read my written English stories from a year ago and my stories now, I see how much I've grown. This will be the exact same for you so please, keep it up! You're really doing great!! <3
    Thanks @pammiechick ! I'm glad you liked it <3
    Finn needed a little peace from his ghosts :)
    liwUNKFh.png
    @Skeilah Thank you for your comment! <3
    I'm glad you like this story and I'm glad I found the courage to share it ;)
    liwUNKFh.png
    edited July 24
    Naja starts school and Finn is looking for work in Ohan'ali.
    He is immediately contacted by a local woman who kindly asks if she can help him with anything?

jCmbdRKl.png
    Chapter 7
    liwUNKFh.png

That is so sweet. And cool, I was curious ^^ my brain says there is something important about dutch but I'm to tired to remember why.
    Wie is de mol maybe?

Enjoying Finn's story
    Aww poor Naja hopefully she adjusts to her new home soon!

The screenshots of Finn swimming are lovely. The ocean in Sulani is always so beautiful :) Hopefully he stays safe from sharks though :p
    @MaggieMarley At the moment, Finn is doing really well :)
    Naja does not have an easy time :/
    However, things are going to change for both of them.... ;)
    liwUNKFh.png