Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost Update

Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Other than alien, mer-sim, plant-sim, and ghost, I think the life states in The Sims 4 are quite detailed and well-done. Here, I have some suggestions on how ghosts can be re-worked to appear full-fledged and logical.

Needs
Ghosts shouldn’t have as many needs as regular sims. In my opinion, a ghost would only have Fun and Social needs. Other need-based actions should only be taken because of their death types, which brings us to the next point;

Actions / Animations
Ghosts perform need-based actions such as eating, sleeping, or showers because of how they passed away. For example, a sim died from starvation would find something to eat when they appear, but the food would not affect the ghost in any way (See: Appearances). Moreover, ghosts would actively avoid or receive strong negative moodlets when exposed in certain situations, based on their death types. For instance, a drowned sim would avoid going into a pool or open water, and would get a +5 Tense moodlet when they do so.

Right now, ghosts would still route with doors in mind. I think ghost should use a direct-point method for routing since they can pass through solid materials. Their animations can also use some fine-tuning, as they still present the running and stair-walking animations like regular sims. I would suggest ghosts use the floating animation at all times when moving, only difference is their speed.

Appearances
Since ghosts are no longer regular sims, I think their appearances should be locked-in as the day they passed. They should not become fat or lean because of over-eating or exercising. As the food pile is a base game debug object now, I believe it is the perfect time that eating or drinking anything for a ghost should create a food pile or puddle on the floor.

What do you think? Add onto the tread if you have more ideas for this life state!
Post edited by Simmer_chiyen on

Comments

• coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    Ghosts of evil sims or those with a high mischief level cause problems at the lot, breaking appliances, scaring living sims. can be caught by ghost buster sims or alternatively banished by a cleric sim.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Right now if you want to keep a ghost around (without adding them to the family, that is) you have to keep strenghthening their connection to the physical world. There should be an option to permanently strenghthen their connection to the physical world so that you don't have to keep doing this.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    We need a cemetery to keep the ghost confined. I think it was S3 that had a nice looking cemetery.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited July 2020
    I also wish we could have actual scary ghost attacking like in ts1 but TT
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Right now if you want to keep a ghost around (without adding them to the family, that is) you have to keep strenghthening their connection to the physical world. There should be an option to permanently strenghthen their connection to the physical world so that you don't have to keep doing this.

Ah, yes, kind of like how the “favorited” households do not get actively culled by the game.

We need a cemetery to keep the ghost confined. I think it was S3 that had a nice looking cemetery.

I have been waiting for a cemetery lot type for eons now... ToT
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I think I agree with most of this. Personally I wish could also create ghost characters in CAS, but that's just me.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • PLUCHEZOEPLUCHEZOE Posts: 3 New Member
    I just want ghosts to stop calling me...
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'd even like to have more "haunting" features in CAS that we could give them. Like, extra elongated faces or bulbous eyes, long fingers...something that spooky ghosts could have to scare Sims.

And, of course, an actual Fear emotion so Sims can be afraid of them.
    #Team Occult