Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: Are You Buying?

Comments

• Options
    zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    Yes
    This feels like a meatier stuff pack and a fun side skill for sims of most ages! I just hope the Game Pack will be more exciting since we already have 2/3 for the year if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited July 2020
    Undecided
    I do want it. I’m just afraid of what it’s going to break in my game. Every new patch and DLC just brings more bugs. Eco lifestyle did a number on the game. So for now I’m going to hold off and see what issues it comes with and of course how the devs take care of it.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Undecided
    zanyshane wrote: »
    This feels like a meatier stuff pack and a fun side skill for sims of most ages! I just hope the Game Pack will be more exciting since we already have 2/3 for the year if I remember correctly.

Looking forward for the game pack. I hope it has some occult/dark theme cause this year we've got only mundane stuff.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    Definitely. My stay-at-home sims need something to do besides write books and paint. There's always flower arranging but they need to garden for that really, and ... :D Knitting!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    Didn't vote for any of it, but I can appreciate what it can bring to my game. Not crazy for knitting per say in the Sims4, but even if you didn't like knitting, I can't imagine not getting it. As a huge family player, it offers me new toy play for the toddlers and kids, new clothes for them, and new infant clothes, which is huge. I'm also big time into gardening(in the Sims) and I voted for 1 of the hanging plants, so I think they would go great in so many senarios. Many of the clothes are really nice. I love crafts, so the craft desks and decor is really neat for someone who usually doesn't do clutter in the Sims. There is just so much and can be used in many types of games that for me, it is a real buy. Just wish they would hurry and release already. Looked at midnight and been looking all morning.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Yes
    Yeah but I'm waiting for it to go on sale like I do for most packs I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a pack honestly.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Undecided
    Maybe, later on. I'm not sure. The knitting skill really interests me. We'll see.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I’m waiting for the bundle option and knitting/the rocking chair to be added to mccc’s autonomy module.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    Yes yes yes, I must have this. I don't knit but my Grandmother did. I crochet and I must have yarn in my Sims lives! Not sure when (who am I kidding? Probably this weekend LOL). I just got my Mom into the game and I think she'll love it too. And the crafty storage thingies are too cute. Selling stuff on Plopsy will be a bonus - I had already decided I wanted this SP before I learned about Plopsy.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    At this point I'm unsure. I voted for knitting and participated in every vote, but this pack is not what I had in mind when I first voted for a knitting pack all those months back. I don't really like how a lot of things were executed, mainly with the knitting skill itself, but I also just don't feel like there's as much as I would have hoped for within a pack like this. I might end up waiting for a very low sale, if I get it at all. I feel weird having followed the process this long only to never get it, but I definitely won't spend full price on a pack I don't feel is worth it.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No
    To me this has to be the most unnecessary, least gamechanging, most boring pack so far. Do I want to pay 10$ to watch my sims knit? No thanks.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes
    That's why I like stuff packs. Something for everyone. Pick and choose the ones that speak to you. Although they all speak to me. 😄
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    To me this has to be the most unnecessary, least gamechanging, most boring pack so far.

But it’s Life Changing. I’ve never been more in awe of knitters. That they can do it while sitting on the toilet and then just sell it wherever they can.
    It makes me want to think twice before I go and buy a lovely looking home made sweater online...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Yes
    To me this has to be the most unnecessary, least gamechanging, most boring pack so far.

But it’s Life Changing. I’ve never been more in awe of knitters. That they can do it while sitting on the toilet and then just sell it wherever they can.
    It makes me want to think twice before I go and buy a lovely looking home made sweater online...

Why would they even need to be that long in the toilet that they need to keep themselves busy?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    No
    crocobaura wrote: »

Why would they even need to be that long in the toilet that they need to keep themselves busy?

I should introduce you to my grandma if you're really that curious.
  • Options
    Yes

I used the bathroom to escape from my kids when they were younger. :p
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Yes

Ha, ha, that's hilarious, didn't think of that. My niece follows my mom and my sister into the bathroom and waits until they're done. :lol:
  • Options
    Yes

Ha, ha, that's hilarious, didn't think of that. My niece follows my mom and my sister into the bathroom and waits until they're done. :lol:

Yeah I could stay in there for hours. :p
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    No
    So the reviews are in from the reviewer I normally follow and their not good. "Boring, adds little or nothing to the game, lowest content of any stuffpack, etc. General opinion "not worth $10, not even worth $5"
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    :o yikes.

(ETA tried to edit something but lost post... :/

It was insignificant babble about toilets anyway. Nevermind. :#
    *flushes toilet*
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    Tenchi2a wrote: »
    So the reviews are in from the reviewer I normally follow and their not good. "Boring, adds little or nothing to the game, lowest content of any stuffpack, etc. General opinion "not worth $10, not even worth $5"

Not worth it for him. Can't be sure but he probably only loads the game to do his reviews.
  • Options
    No

Not worth it for him. Can't be sure but he probably only loads the game to do his reviews.

@simgirl1010 He didn't state anything invalid though, so...
  • Options
    Yes

@simgirl1010 He didn't state anything invalid though, so...

Although I do enjoy his reviews some of his comments were not valid for me.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    No
    I wouldn't even if I had the game, because that would tell EA I love the practice being narrowed to a mundane niche gameplay objects. I personally think people who feel purchasing a pack while holding second thoughts should restrain from buying the pack. We shouldn't support their practice of gameplay objects being peacemeal for 10$ ripped from the bigger theme which they offer in an expansion pack. This the same, if not worse equivalent to TS3 Store in terms of how adversibly content is being sold to us.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    Undecided
    I play on legacy edition but I can update my computer if I wanted to, I’m just reluctant to because it might be a bit of trouble downloading the normal sims back on.
    If I do update it it would probably be in my top 5