August 14 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Uh Oh, Does This Mean Another Patch Next Week?

bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,234 Member
edited July 14 in General Mods Discussion
With the release of Niffy Knitting on July 28th, there's sure to be another dang patch. How's the odds on how much this will break mods?
"Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p

Comments

  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,605 Member
    I hope some bugs from EL get fixed...
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 1,981 Member
    It’s only a stuff pack, so I don’t think there will be nearly as much breakage this time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 104 Member
    @Rouensims better knock on some wood.

    @bshema thats the main reason I’m afraid to add mods to my game. There’s so many out there that sound fun and I’m sure would improve my gameplay, but there are already so many bugs in my game without mods or Cc I don’t want to have to worry about constantly adding/removing/updating mods to fix it all on top of that.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,868 Member
    I hope that's exactly what it means and it fixes some EL stuff!

    But... they did release a small patch at the beginning of the month so maybe there won't be anything at all. They might have snuck the stuff they needed for the knitting pack into that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited July 14
    Hopefully there will be. I don't think it will break your mods, unless plopsy is requiring some large changes.

    Edit: However, as someone pointed out in another thread, they will update CAS though, if we are unlucky, our CC will break.
    Post edited by logion on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,592 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I hope some bugs from EL get fixed...

    +1

    Especially the gardening bug.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 1,386 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    @Rouensims better knock on some wood.

    @bshema thats the main reason I’m afraid to add mods to my game. There’s so many out there that sound fun and I’m sure would improve my gameplay, but there are already so many bugs in my game without mods or Cc I don’t want to have to worry about constantly adding/removing/updating mods to fix it all on top of that.

    Trust me it's a part time job 😆😆😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 263 Member
    I'll be watching the forums closely. If this patch doesn't fix the majority of the bugs in ECO, I WON'T be purchasing the new pack. Or any more packs for the forseeable future.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,868 Member
    Simguru Ninja did confirm on Twitter that there was another patch coming next week.

    Hopefully that's the bug fixes as well since that July patch was mighty lacking considering how many bugs are out there now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,234 Member
    Thanks for all the responses guys! I totally agree with everyone.

    My mods folder isn't gigantic but not small either, 2.2 gb but I love every single mod and piece of cc I have dl'ed. So I called this on myself but it is a labor of love that I do it. Personally, I will be glad to get everything out and then I can play in peace. :D
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
  • MareahMareah Posts: 267 Member
    Lets hope the odds are low. I just started getting into adding cc to my game. I love it but i dont want the trouble that comes with having it after updates XD
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    i welcome it, i don't mind updating my mods as long as some of the EL bugs are fixed.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,561 Member
    If gardening and pets aren't fixed in the new patch coming up, I won't be a happy camper. Neither will all the other players experiencing those bugs. Buying the new pack upon it's release won't magically fix what went wrong in EL. No doubt Nifty will have a few bugs all it's own to add to the list. Plopsy looks as if it will be a fun addition to the game but when I think of all that could go wrong.....I cringe at the thought of wading through a new set of bugs. But even if the new patch manages to fix most of the EL bugs, I am going to wait on NK for a bit. I just want to play the game without my gardens glitching or my pets disappearing into thin air for a month or so; at least until I see NK isn't going to become another pack I regret buying.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 263 Member
    The new pack won't fix anything. It's the patch that comes out before it. If the patch doesn't fix most of the problems, I won't be purchasing the pack. I already bought one completely useless broken pack, I'm NOT about to buy another.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,234 Member
    I hear you guys. I began thinking this way along about 2/3 the way through Sims 3...get all excited about all the great new features in a pack and then half of them don't work the way you saw them on the live stream. Yeah, been there, done that. I remarked at the time, they are only playing the base game plus the upcoming pack. Put ALL the packs in plus the base game and try to play it...I dare ya. :D
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
  • FlapFlap Posts: 52 Member
    Well, the 8th July patch looked like a hot fix to the save problems and a few bugs than a real patch so I'm happy that will have another one before NK. Actually, in my beautiful dreams Maxis will patch the The Sims Mobile bunkerbeds into the base game (angels sings chore o:) ).
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 1,429 Member
    I do expect a patch before Nifty Knitting

    I worry that said patch will break CC clothing.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 636 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I do expect a patch before Nifty Knitting

    I worry that said patch will break CC clothing.

    Oh man I'd be devo if that happens. I've got 16gb of cc. Wanted to buy Eco living yesterday and checked forums. Nope. Still broken. Waiting for fixes. Haven't patched my game since forever because I like my sims' gardens.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 263 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I worry that said patch will break CC clothing.

    It's hard to say. I was fully expecting ECO to completely destroy all CC plumbing and electronics with the new options and upgrades they added to those devices, but not a single one broke.

    It was all the NEW stuff that all broke. Not a single thing they added was bugless. The patch on the 8th only fixed ONE of them, the fabricator noise. Everything else is all still broken. I can't even play it. The bugs were interfering with everything else so I had no choice but to uninstall ECO. So, I wasted my money. I'm NOT going to do it again. I'll wait for a month or two and watch the forums to see how much of it is all broken, and likely laugh my behind off that I didn't waste my money.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 427 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I do expect a patch before Nifty Knitting

    I worry that said patch will break CC clothing.

    People feared that with Island Living patch due to tan lines. Nothing bad happened (except for mis-matched tan lines on CC clothes that were set-up incorrectly). I'm optimistic for this one.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,234 Member
    I have a myriad of bugs in my game, some of which I'm sure can cause bugs but right now my game is enjoyable...that's why I'm paranoid about the patch, heck all patches.

    Dang mercuryfoam, you have major work ahead of you then. Good luck to you!

    I feel for everyone whose game is unplayable due to the bugs. I think we can hope for EA to fix or modders to fix if EA is too stinky. As I stated above, I really, really wish these people at EA would load up all the packs to date and run the live stream. I think they know there are bugs that they can't really fix, but just haven't addressed it.
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top