Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella isn't a fan...

:O I'm just a bit shocked (I wasn't for it, but there are a few things I would like from it, I might get it)
She is usually positive (mostly)
https://youtu.be/ijpVNg7DPjU

Sorry it just shocked me..
This is not meant to change your opinion. But ya she does have a point...arts and crafts should have been like TS2 freetime when I voted for arts and crafts I didn't mean just knitting the main theme.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    And it's a stuff pack. It wouldn't be possible to have several crafts...
    I confess i wasn't excited at all at first but now i am. It has plopsy, the metal radio station and kids can knit!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    This is just one craft. While you may not like it, other packs have other "crafts." Like base game has painting and woodworking crafts. The EL expansion has crafting in the form of candle making and fizz drink making. So, in the future, other types of crafting may be introduced in other packs. I think of it that way. I do like this pack, but I also voted for knitting as the craft.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The vote specifically said that voting arts and crafts would just give the one most voted for arts and crafts theme though right on the poll page. Something like "If arts and crafts win, which of these crafting themes would be the ONE you would want us to base the pack on". I forget the exact wording but it was explained very clearly in the poll.

She may not be a fan, but I sure am! This pack looks amazing!

Oh yeah sure, I am a fan of it. I am just shocked that she didn't like it is all <3.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think she wanted more showcase of the elders because this is what many players want the knitting for but EA decided to use a Guru in the trailer. I agree with that.
    I was also shocked she showed so little excitment towards the pack and I also have to say her review of Eco Lifestyle was also pretty short and she seemed kinda "meh" about it.
    Could it mean she gets eliminated first in Spark'd? :lol: Yeah I'm not being serious, just joking.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It was specifically noted before the vote and in the vote that only the winning theme would be main theme for the pack. They were very upfront about that. Not saying no one can be dissapointed about that, but they made it very clear how they were going to do it.

I can agree with some of Plumbella's complaints, mainly on the elders. The only thing that surprised me about this trailer was that the main character was a guy. 99% of the time it's a woman. But it was still a young adult. This was the perfect time to give us a trailer centered around an elder sim (or even a child since they can knit) and they passed on it to show yet another young adult. I can also agree that this trailer didn't "wow" me, which is a let down for someone who voted for knitting and has participated in the entire process. I need to see more to form my full opinion.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    I agree with most of it to be honest, I definitely would've preferred a more elder focus rather than what they went for, and agree that the style of the pack items seems samey to what we already have.
    I'm just disappointed all round, our elders need something! Why did the one opportunity for an elder pack turn into "Young adults starting up their own DIY business! Crochet!" Yawn.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Honestly, I’ve been going on these forums for years now and social media and I have never seen anyone ask for arts and crafts so I was really shocked when it was announced as the winner. Also I always see people asking for more supernatural so I thought for sure that would win🤷‍♀️
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think knitting being stuff pack is good move cause like if they do bigger hobby pack later they have more room for other hobbies in that now that knitting is done

but I agree I wanted the rocking chair (and some of other furniture) to be more detailed like it feels it lacks shadow and it looks bit odd

and i also wanted more cozy grandma vibes but thats more like marketing issue

I just really wish those items have some cozy color options I could use instead of this pastel extravaganza
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have not been excited for this pack since I heard it was about knitting. The trailer makes it look quite fun though.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I agree with most of it to be honest, I definitely would've preferred a more elder focus rather than what they went for, and agree that the style of the pack items seems samey to what we already have.
    I'm just disappointed all round, our elders need something! Why did the one opportunity for an elder pack turn into "Young adults starting up their own DIY business! Crochet!" Yawn.

It looks more like the adult stage not young adult by the look of the sim. Many older adults start their own business later in life.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I like the fact that it's for multiple generations; most of the knitters I know are younger than I am, and I'm borderline elder at this stage of my life. I follow some knit/crochet designers on social media (Twitter) and most of them are in their 40s or maybe early 50s. Just because we didn't see many elders doesn't mean that this pack has nothing for them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have not been excited for this pack since I heard it was about knitting. The trailer makes it look quite fun though.

I like it for the knitting and also for Plopsy -- I haven't done anything with the crafting from EL, and if we can sell things like candles on Plopsy I can definitely have a stay-at-home crafter.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

I like it for the knitting and also for Plopsy -- I haven't done anything with the crafting from EL, and if we can sell things like candles on Plopsy I can definitely have a stay-at-home crafter.

The plopsy was the thing that stood out to me most. I think my sims will definitely be taking part in that.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Just remember folks, Maxis didn't design this pack. We did. So don't blame them for the DIY aesthetic or the lack of elder focus.

Blame people like me who didn't want to deck out our sim's crafting rooms like it was 1900.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm not sure what she was expecting to be honest. They have already shared everything that we saw in the trailer. It sounded like she wanted to be more excited about the pack...

I think this pack looks okay, nothing really bad or really good about it. Maybe that's why there are not that many reactions from other people?

This trailer released very close to the UbiForward conference and also when they released the reviews for Ghost of Tsushima so I did not even see it in my twitter feed...

I will probably buy the pack, but not at release.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Just remember folks, Maxis didn't design this pack. We did. So don't blame them for the DIY aesthetic or the lack of elder focus.

Blame people like me who didn't want to deck out our sim's crafting rooms like it was 1900.

Right, I hated that ugly elder furniture design.

The plopsy was the thing that stood out to me most. I think my sims will definitely be taking part in that.

can we sell non-knitted things?

I have no idea. I hope so though. I'm not sure how many of my sims will be knitting sims. :D
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I'm not feeling up to picking it out of tweets and the deep dive threads, but yes. Most, if not all, crafted items can be sold via plopsy. What isn't clear is if collectables can be sold that way.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah I just wished for something different. This is all stuff I feel like I already have but the community seems to be voting for more "basic", "modern", "pretty" stuff and I'm more of an "eccentric", "weird" type of player.
    I wish there was more stuff for people like me 'cause my game isn't about "the pretty house", "the beautiful family", "the perfect job". It's more about trying out different things I wouldn't do in real life.
    But I guess I'm a minority here.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited July 2020
    Yeah I just wished for something different. This is all stuff I feel like I already have but the community seems to be voting for more "basic", "modern", "pretty" stuff and I'm more of an "eccentric", "weird" type of player.
    I wish there was more stuff for people like me 'cause my game isn't about "the pretty house", "the beautiful family", "the perfect job". It's more about trying out different things I wouldn't do in real life.

Kinda like how the first stuff pack was gonna be "eco-living" but we got....laundry...:'( STILL WAITING ON A DANGEROUS SP DANG IT!
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I love the look of this pack and thought the trailer was adorable. Love the music, as well!
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member

Yes, in the write up about the pack it mentions being able to sell other crafted stuff.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

That's me as well. I have a feeling that we're a growing player base, though. Happy Haunts they said was a very close second place winner. Hopefully we'll see a Game Pack next year for it.
    #Team Occult