Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Biggest Problem with The Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm guilt of buying all the packs. It's because I like them more than I don't and would rather have them than not even though I may think some are heavily flawed. For me, I don't need to use everything or even most things in a pack for it to be fun/worth it so I just get them when I feel like there's something to be gained and the bugs in them won't ruin my game. Of course, I appreciate people trying to teach EA a lesson, but I personally want to have fun so I just buy the packs. I don't think there are tons of people buying things even though they hate them. Eventually, they'll lose interest in the game and stop.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I'm guilt of buying all the packs. It's because I like them more than I don't and would rather have them than not even though I may think some are heavily flawed. For me, I don't need to use everything or even most things in a pack for it to be fun/worth it so I just get them when I feel like there's something to be gained and the bugs in them won't ruin my game. Of course, I appreciate people trying to teach EA a lesson, but I personally want to have fun so I just buy the packs. I don't think there are tons of people buying things even though they hate them. Eventually, they'll lose interest in the game and stop.

@haneul I know of a lot of people who buy an expansion or game pack just because they like the build/buy and CAS stuff and don't care about the gameplay. Of course that's fine if they think it is worth it for them to buy the whole expansion just for few items but I think this is also where the prioritising of the visual aspects rather than the gameplay aspects comes from.
    Why would EA want to create in-depth gameplay when they know Simmers are just gonna buy the pack just because of the new objects anyway?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I guess that the biggest problem is fact that The Sims Team are not listening customers and trying to tell us that something is not possible. The Sims is the most expensive game but there are still bugs, lacks of content etc. I remember how angry I was when I bought Get Famous and after update actor carieer was bugged. The most of time I had this expansion I can not use that and EA team did nothing to fix that.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited July 2020
    Why would EA want to create in-depth gameplay when they know Simmers are just gonna buy the pack just because of the new objects anyway?

If they only care about profit then they shouldn't, but the developers say that they don't only care about profit... They say they want to make to a good game. Honestly, though, it's just a game. Different people are going to enjoy it for different reasons and obviously because of profit-motivations, budget constraints etc. etc. some people are going to miss out on what they want. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't buy it. I would like for them to add better/more thoughtful gameplay, but with mods and CC, I'm enjoying what I have. If that stops, like most, I'll stop buying the game. Some packs I like for build and buy. Other times I hate build and buy and just want the gameplay stuff. It depends.

This last release had too many bugs, but the world is currently going through a pandemic and everyone's work environments have dramatically changed, so even though EA has a horrible track record with quality control, I'm not that bothered about EL.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    sketches wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    the biggest problem with the sims 4 is that y'all buy everything and accept anything coming from them,
    "ugh i hate this pack but i'm buying it anyways cuz i like to have everything" like, it's okay to disagree on something, it doesn't mean ur less of a fan or a hater. and don't worry ea won't cease the sims franchise just because it gets a loss in sales.
    it's okay if you actually like what you're buying, i just disagree with people that doesn't like what they buy yet they still get it for the sake of owning it.
    we speak to companies through money and feedback, apparently feedback is no longer a concern for them since they are still making millions and they're keeping media approval by their constant "look how inclusive we are!!1!!1!"

This is the problem. Yes, what many fans don't understand (unfortunately) is that we “speak to companies through money.” The thing is, I still subconsciously trust The Sims to deliver quality over quantity, because their brand has earned my trust for over a decade. But rationally? The Sims 4 has mostly failed us. They pump out so many packs with such little meaning.

They have the potential to update the gameplay tenfold — as you can see with their base-game updates — and yet, they continue to push their Expansion/Game/Stuff Packs that just adds more fluff to the game. (Actually, they should be called Fluff Packs. LOL) Previous games could not easily update gameplay like The Sims 4 can. It's awesome technology; but they waste their resources pumping out more fluff instead of meaningful, fulfilling content... Why? Because it's guaranteed money (remember: money is their language) because of the completionists. These “completionists” are being taken advantage of. That is the biggest problem with The Sims 4.

All of this, both of you, yes. I agree with it.

Then when people who actually like the game say, 'Well why do you still play? Why buy packs? Why keep coming back to the game?' I know I can honestly say I don't but there are people who continuously buy it and end up unhappy and I can't tell anyone how to spend their money but why keep spending if you know you're going to end up unhappy? Some have to complete the collection, others hope it'll get better, some just want a better game in The Sims 5 and often with those last two it boils down to money. EA needs money for the game to get better, for there to be a Sims 5 but from what I've seen that isn't really the case. They're six almost seven years in. This game on it's own has made them over a billion dollars. Why are majority of the same complaints that existed in the beginning (complaints about personalities, emotions, consequences, babies, elders, teens, bugs) still the main complaints now if money was going to help? A billion dollars for the same issues. And what incentive do they have to make The Sims 5 better if they know unhappy people will fork over money to them anyway? The Sims team and EA have learned nothing but that they'll make money anyway and the fault does lie with players like that.

I do blame the devs and some of The Sims 4 fans/players a bit for some of those mentalities because they say things that help plant doubt and fear in some players minds but at some point you do have to realize it's not getting better for you, no matter how much you want it to and decide to just leave it alone. Especially if almost every purchase ends in you being frustrated, angry, and disappointed.

Sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    This last release had too many bugs, but the world is currently going through a pandemic and everyone's work environments have dramatically changed, so even though EA has a horrible track record with quality control, I'm not that bothered about EL.
    Agreed! I have been frustrated by the recent bugs and have said so in another thread, but i do not blame the devs or anyone else because of the reason you stated.

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Agreed! I have been frustrated by the recent bugs and have said so in another thread, but i do not blame the devs or anyone else because of the reason you stated.

During this time, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and maybe now's not the time to talk abut EA's strategy. That said, bugs/glitches and ignoring customers' expectations aren't anything new for The Sims 4.

Still, it is better to consider the safety of their staff than to make ungrateful demands during COVID-19. That's true.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

If they only care about profit then they shouldn't, but the developers say that they don't only care about profit... They say they want to make to a good game. Honestly, though, it's just a game. Different people are going to enjoy it for different reasons and obviously because of profit-motivations, budget constraints etc. etc. some people are going to miss out on what they want. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't buy it. I would like for them to add better/more thoughtful gameplay, but with mods and CC, I'm enjoying what I have. If that stops, like most, I'll stop buying the game. Some packs I like for build and buy. Other times I hate build and buy and just want the gameplay stuff. It depends.

This is an EA game of course the company only cares about money and The Sims 4 is showing nothing different. The packs have been very laggy for years now and they refuse to fix some 2-3 year old bugs. Their packs always come with less content but same prices. They could be making awesome Sims games by 2020 but they seem to be stuck in 2012 in terms of innovation. I somewhat enjoy the game too but not because the team has put any effort into creating something new. I enjoy it because I still enjoy the original idea by Will Wright and since The Sims 4 is the most modern one of the bunch I play this one. That's all.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I haven't had any crashing yet with over 70 families and the full set of packs. Are you using mods or cc? I suppose it could be that I play rotationally and don't play at speed 3 at any time or maybe I've got the hang of it, nearly playing 6000 hours. :)