Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t load saved game files made with your custom world? Perhaps you’re name is something too long

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
Recently, my computer started breaking down and we needed to fix it. It kept crashing and restarting at random, and we still don’t have all the parts, to fix it. My brother agreed to let me work on my map on his computer. For whatever reason, we couldn’t get Create A World to work on his machine, so we decided to just export the map and than build on it directly in the Sims 3 for the time being. However, whenever I would save my game and return to it, it would not load. It told me I might be missing an expansion pack, even through I had all of them installed. I went back to my old computer, still worried it might crash, export the map, but gave it a shorter name, and this time it worked. I created a saved game file, and this time it worked. All I did was give it a different name, that was half as long

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Minor update. My brother also thinks it could have been that there was a number and a decimal point in the name, the first time around