Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop with the Spark’d/Bunkbeds complaints huh

popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
Sadly I don’t think EA or Maxis is floating this Sparkd thing everyone is fussed up about.

Typically, another entity purchases the TV or movie rights to an IP, so it doesn’t “cost” The Sims much at all? It’s not taking away from your precious bunkbeds. If anyone in the TV or movie rights industry is here, feel free to chime in.

Maybe they have to shovel a few schackles for the extra annoying Buzzfeed ads we might see; ya know alongside the articles that tell us how to sit on faces and like Vampire Diaries more. 😂

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2020
    If you are interested in bunk beds check this. It might be available from this modder eventually......

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't work in TV but I do think your right. Shows don't normally pay the network, it's the other way around. If anything EA got paid for this. (I'm not saying they did, I don't truely know, I'm just saying I think it's a real possibility).

The time and resources they put into the show would have been minimal and I'm sure didn't take away from the development or bug fixes of the current game. It would have been different teams of people.

People can not like the show, but to say it's taken anyway anything from the game or development is a bit of a reach. I'll start getting annoyed when links to quizzes start showing up in my game to find out what ice cream flavour I am... and then being annoyed because I fell for it and took the quiz and found out I was strawberry when I wanted to be vanilla. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think people can express their dislike of something and can ask questions of how does all this work. Marketing is part of Maxis. They have changed the CM many times in the last few years. We all assumed a CM is supposed to go back to Maxis and tell them what customers want to see in the game. Maxis likes to call us fans, but I see it differently. We are customers first and foremost. But when they post the duties of a CM, it's more about expanding the brand and finding new avenues to market The Sims. Doesn't really mention being evolved with the Simming community and then relaying what players are interested in or would purchase more over any other thing produced. Just the opposite, those job openings detail how they should expand the brand. Ok, they expanded it into TV, now. Well, what happens to the average request players want bunk beds. Who relays that message to the GM, the Creative Director, the Producers the developers? Yes, players can tell them over on Twitter or FB, but it's six years later. How many times did a CM tell Maxis people wanted bunkbeds or were they too busy with their real duties of trying to expand a brand?

I think these are all legit questions and if the forums aren't the vast majority as we were told quite a few times in recent years, then we have to wonder who was out there begging for a TV show for competition? It may not have cost EA very much, and true TBS paid EA for the rights to the show, and can now tell EA/Maxis what they like and don't like and or to change it or whatever. Doesn't change the fact people are wondering just who if not a CM tells Maxis what players want. I don't think it was a TV show.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    I think we are allowed to complain. Same as if you are allowed to praise it. Stop trying to police people.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maxis likes to call us fans, but I see it differently. We are customers first and foremost.

@Cinebar and all others.

Sorry for the OT but in any other aspect of being a customer or a consumer you would have the right to send back the damaged/broken/bad product and get a new one or your money back. We are nothing but our money to this company. They never need to deal with us f2f, the people in charge. I dunno how the system actually works but it seems totally ridiculous that AHQs answers and solutions come from people who have "not affiliated with EA/not working for EA" written all over them.

What actually am I paying for here?

Sorry I really am struggling and torn inbetween of 20 yrs of loyalty to this franchise and this direction it is taking me. /OT.

(edit. typo.)
    origin ID: adduapina
    adduapina wrote: »
    Maxis likes to call us fans, but I see it differently. We are customers first and foremost.

@Cinebar and all others.

Sorry for the OT but in any other aspect of being a customer or a consumer you would have the right to send back the damaged/broken/bad product and get a new one or your money back. We are nothing but our money to this company. They never need to deal with us f2f, the people in charge. I dunno how the system actually works but it seems totally ridiculous that AHQs answers and solutions come from people who have "not affiliated with EA/not working for EA" written all over them.

Sorry I really am struggling and torn inbetween of 20 yrs of loyalty to this franchise and this direction it is taking me. /OT.

(edit. typo.)

Me too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I guess it just shows how little people know about the industry. Games development and TV show production are completely separate industries. The Sims Team are game developers, they don't make TV shows. They would've had an entirely seperate team create this show, it would've taken barely any time away from development.

But it's the Sims 4 though I guess, if people don't get given what they want the second they ask they start screaming and then they start harassing the devs. Not that I'm against complaining, but it seems pretty likely that the sims team are working on bunk beds since they've just released ladders and they've just released bunk beds in the mobile game aswell. Doesn't take a genius to work out that they're probably making them for this game aswell.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I guess it just shows how little people know about the industry. Games development and TV show production are completely separate industries. The Sims Team are game developers, they don't make TV shows. They would've had an entirely seperate team create this show, it would've taken barely any time away from development.

But it's the Sims 4 though I guess, if people don't get given what they want the second they ask they start screaming .

@Onverser First of all they are different departments indeed but they both belong to EA. And EA as the boss decides how much budget each department will have. Many devs have come out in the past saying that their budget is limited and they can not create the things we ask them for, yet the marketing department team gets money to make 4398 Instagram commercials some of them with celebrities.
    We are talking about a game here that has generated over a billion dollars already and yet the bugs remain unfixed.

Also people aren't crying the second they don't get what they want. They have been asking for real babies, cars, bug fixes since day 1 of the game's release. Yet no response 6 years later. It's criticism and there is no development without criticism.

Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I'm not mad about the show. What I am is continually astounded by the new ways they find to reach even lower lows than they did last time, even though I already know what to expect of them. The crazy part is how they hype how much they are bsing you to your face while they are in the middle of bsing you.

It's not payoffs for layoffs, technically, but just more of those same type of corporate shenanigans all over again. They really are completely shameless at this point.
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    [quote="Onverser;c-17571952"]I guess it just shows how little people know about the industry. Games development and TV show production are completely separate industries. The Sims Team are [b]game developers[/b], they don't make TV shows. They would've had an entirely seperate team create this show, it would've taken barely any time away from development.

[b]But it's the Sims 4 though I guess, if people don't get given what they want the second they ask they start screaming and then they start harassing the devs. [/b]Not that I'm against complaining, but it seems pretty likely that the sims team are working on bunk beds since they've just released ladders and they've just released bunk beds in the mobile game aswell. Doesn't take a genius to work out that they're probably making them for this game aswell.[/quote]

A lot of stuff is asked for six years. Six. Longer than other games existed.
    Besides, not everything is about money/time. It's about their attidute. At this point they just make a lot of us feel like cash cows in clown outfits.
    So, yeah, maybe we will scream about it. Others can continue to just moo about it...
    edited July 2020
    Onverser wrote: »

But it's the Sims 4 though I guess, if people don't get given what they want the second they ask they start screaming and then they start harassing the devs. Not that I'm against complaining, but it seems pretty likely that the sims team are working on bunk beds since they've just released ladders and they've just released bunk beds in the mobile game aswell. Doesn't take a genius to work out that they're probably making them for this game aswell.

Time is short for many of us. It's been decades since I was in my twenties. It's been six years since players asked for a burglar, a ladder, a bunkbed, to fix traits and emotions, to remove the overkill on decor buffs, omg, to fix Get to Work, a werewolf, proper apartment building, etc. etc. I don't think anyone here that I have seen started screaming six years ago, but after six years, yeah, I can see why anyone would be screaming by now. Like, honey please take out the trash, and six years later it is an even bigger pile of plummety (rotting) purple plums in a heaping big pile of green fumes.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I thought bunkbeds could have came with some of the previous packs like parenthood or kids stuff pack but they probably needed to make room for other items. Keep in mind that if you want them to bring back old items/ features, plus add new never done before ones, then it is gonna take some time.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I thought bunkbeds could have came with some of the previous packs like parenthood or kids stuff pack but they probably needed to make room for other items. Keep in mind that if you want them to bring back old items/ features, plus add new never done before ones, then it is gonna take some time.

They've got time and they've got money.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Mareah wrote: »

They've got time and they've got money.

Yeah they are just making excuses at this point :(
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited July 2020

@Cinebar and all others.

(edit. typo.)

https://www.crowdspring.com/blog/losing-customers/

The only way that this will ever get through and for the company to start listening...is to walk away from the franchise. And not many "customers" are willing to do that.

And that's what the company is counting on. That our customer loyalty is going to override our common sense.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited August 2020

@Cinebar and all others.

(edit. typo.)

The only way that this will ever get through and for the company to start listening...is to walk away from the franchise. And not many "customers" are willing to do that.

And that's what the company is counting on. That our customer loyalty is going to override our common sense.

That doesn't actually work anymore, because what Maxis has figured out is when most of us long time fans left this franchise or at least TS4, they just went out and got new customers who think it's perfectly normal to buy bugged software. Who in their right mind would put up with installing faulty anti-virus software, and or buggy Quick Books when it came to their finances, or a broken Photo/Graphics Editor, or a broken Google Play, man people would be screaming if Google Play took their money but then didn't show them the game and or video they wanted to see. It really is beyond me why gamers put up with faulty software they call a game, it's all software, and they have been conditioned to believe it's perfectly normal to buy a buggy game. Why do people make a difference between software and a machine or any thing else that they would take back to the store. Brainwashed to believe software should have problems and bugs.

They even have the talking points ready, well, everyone's pc is different..No, the companies set what type of setup is suitable and if you fall within those guidelines, then no, there should be no bugs and problems with the software at all. It's the person who doesn't meet the standard requirements that would see a problem and not supported. Until people wake up they will continue to be hoodwinked.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    From my point of view I feel that, once Sims 4 was established and not to be withdrawn the whole series of packs has been plotted to the nth. degree years ahead and whatever Simmers complain about they'll have to wait until EA/Maxis are ready to put things in. Burglars would probably come in a later pack for example, maybe about crime. They've made it in jigsaw fashion with all pieces to interlock somehow. Patches could link some things for those not having them all or give a free bit away.

The only packs we get a chance to have a hand in are the Stuff packs, which might mean that all the others could be in the works as gamepacks or expansions, to be decided later. We had a lot of future "off the grid" useful stuff in earlier packs before Eco-lifestyle.

EA have planned this to go on for years ahead or at least until a Sims 5 type comes along. It keeps all their staff employed before transferring the bulk of them to the next iteration.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member

@Cinebar and all others.

(edit. typo.)

That doesn't actually work anymore, because what Maxis has figured out is when most of us long time fans left this franchise or at least TS4, they just went out and got new customers who think it's perfectly normal to buy bugged software. Who in their right mind would put up with installing faulty anti-virus software, and or buggy Quick Books when it came to their finances, or a broken Photo/Graphics Editor, or a broken Google Play, man people would be screaming if Google Play took their money but then didn't show them the game and or video they wanted to see. It really is beyond me why gamers put up with faulty software they call a game, it's all software, and they have been conditioned to believe it's perfectly normal to buy a buggy game. Why do people make a difference between software and a machine or any thing else that they would take back to the store. Brainwashed to believe software should have problems and bugs.

They even have the talking points ready, well, everyone's pc is different..No, the companies set what type of setup is suitable and if you fall within those guidelines, then no, there should be no bugs and problems with the software at all. It's the person who doesn't meet the standard requirements that would see a problem and not supported. Until people wake up they will continue to be hoodwinked.

Well, I'm sure if they haven't learned the lesson of "Simcity" enough the first time, they're going to learn it again...when someone steps up and releases a competitor that scoops up all those fleeing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~