August 14 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Multiplayer on sims 4

«1
I was browsing RealSport101 and I found this
'Well, things could be changing very soon, as in a recent business meeting, EA’s CEO Andrew Wilson said that they were keen to add a multiplayer mode to The Sims'

Do you want a multiplayer?

Comments

  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,605 Member
    edited July 10
    Where do you saw that? Can you post the link?

    Answering your question, no, if that means i can't play alone too. But then if they really add multiplayer i'ld worried that it'ld become the game's priority...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 6,648 Member
    no no multiplayer play on the sims keep the sims game offline and single play
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MareahMareah Posts: 267 Member
    It would probably be optional, so why not. It might even bring new players because some people prefer games they can also play with their friends too. It all depends on how the implement it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,757 Member
    It's from that interview with Andrew Wilson, back in January I believe, and he was talking about a next generation game. Which lead to all the discussions about the possibility of a multiplayer mode in Sims 5.
    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 5,924 Member
    edited July 10
    Lol that quote is months old. I don't even know if it was about TS4 specifically

    And no I hope they never make The Sims multiplayer capable. I don't wanna play wit y'all. I wanna do my own thing ya heard
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 1,957 Member
    I usually avoid multiplayer games as a plague.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,247 Member
    If they’re adding multiplayer to Sims 4 I would assume it would be a separate mode from Single Player. I wouldn’t mind a multiplayer mode in Sims 4, that could be neat.

  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,868 Member
    I don't want it for TS4 or TS5. If they can make it so it doesn't break my single player game, I don't care if it's optional but I do worry that it would take resources from the single player side.

    For those of you that want it in TS4, there is already a multiplayer mod out there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 753 Member
    @Cavapoo_King, maybe it's best to add the link as well next time. ;)

    I believe it may be this one:

    https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-release-date-online-multiplayer-new-features-plot-news-rumours-leaks-cheats-official-trailer-ea-game/

    Original publication was from January 2020:

    https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

    Also note that this is all related to the next Sims title, not Sims 4. There are a couple of Sims 5 Threads already discussing the online/multiplayer aspect.

    Unless it's a completely different article, OP. Let us know.
    NXRVII.gif
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 666 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    If they’re adding multiplayer to Sims 4 I would assume it would be a separate mode from Single Player. I wouldn’t mind a multiplayer mode in Sims 4, that could be neat.

    Be careful what you wish for you may just get it.

  • logionlogion Posts: 1,439 Member
    That's an old quote that has been discussed a lot on these forums. Since he is mentioning social interaction and competition he may have talked about what turned into the gallery challenges and spark'd for the sims4.

    I hope that's how far they will go when it comes to multiplayer for the sims. I don't want that to be their priority. They should focus on improving the game in other areas. Multiplayer will just make everything so much more difficult to make. I do not want to trade away open world, color wheel and better performance for social interactions with other players.



  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Multiplayer is not accepted by the majority of Sims players. That is accepted as fact.

    The day they announce a multiplayer Sims game is the day that players abandon the series for good.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 1,723 Member
    Multiplayer is not accepted by the majority of Sims players. That is accepted as fact.

    The day they announce a multiplayer Sims game is the day that players abandon the series for good.

    Wouldn't they make it an option to play online or not
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 48 Member
    Would honestly love being able to share my Sim's world with friends. Even building things together. I think that would make the experience so much more rich community-wise. It just seems like a fun experience all-around. I just have no clue on how they'd implement it. If there wouldn't be a pause button, or such. I don't see the downside to it if it's toggled on/off. The people who don't like multiplayer don't have to play it. It shouldn't be a big deal, honestly. Don't play it if you don't want it. It's not like it's subtracting your experience from playing the game offline.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 1,188 Member
    Would honestly love being able to share my Sim's world with friends. Even building things together. I think that would make the experience so much more rich community-wise. It just seems like a fun experience all-around. I just have no clue on how they'd implement it. If there wouldn't be a pause button, or such. I don't see the downside to it if it's toggled on/off. The people who don't like multiplayer don't have to play it. It shouldn't be a big deal, honestly. Don't play it if you don't want it. It's not like it's subtracting your experience from playing the game offline.

    Why not stream your game over zoom or something so you can chat with your friend while you build and decide together what the lot should look like?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,866 Member
    It's not logical to me to say something like if you don't like it, just don't play multiplayer mode. Or something like it won't hurt your experience of the single player side. None of us know that. It's possible it could. In theory any money or time spent on building a multi player side to TS4 or even TS5 will take away from the money and time spent on a single player side of a game. That can't be disputed.

    Could it hurt the single player side of TS4 right now? maybe. Something you have been wanting might wind up being multiplayer, we don't know. Like maybe you wanted a bunkbed (just as a crazy example) but the only way to have one in your game would be to do something in multiplayer mode. See, there, that could happen. We have no idea how things would work, so saying as if it's a fact it can't hurt your game play as a single player is just not honest. It can. And no there are no pause buttons in multiplayer live mode in the bigger multi games, so I doubt there would be one in a TS5 or TS4.

    Any time and money spent on this only weakens a single player experience in my opinion, because the money that so many wanted spent on the things that need fixed, corrected, improved, changed, or implemented went toward it. So, unfortunately the whole thing only weakens the experience of the single player.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 18
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Something you have been wanting might wind up being multiplayer, we don't know. Like maybe you wanted a bunkbed (just as a crazy example) but the only way to have one in your game would be to do something in multiplayer mode.

    Something like this would be a very scary prospect. I hope it is not the direction they’re willing to take.
    I can imagine Jasmine Holiday on an Emotional Blackmail Mission saying: “if you don’t go play with the other children you won’t get this fancy new toy.” A scary time for loners indeed...
    NXRVII.gif
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 286 Member
    Lol, some of the worries in this thread reminds me of something I said in another thread.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    But sometimes it feels like the sims community treats all hypothetical speculation as a kind of monkey’s paw. Like, “don’t SAY THAT! They might HEAR YOU!” Like the only way it’s okay to want (or even think about it long enough to decide if you would want it or not) something is to like, phrase it perfectly like a wish to a capricious genie, or else it’ll get corrupted and be added to the game in a dark sinister way.

    And I get it, sort of. EA have certainly brow-beaten the community into fear of ideas. 😂
    But I promise the things you don’t like about the game right now aren’t bad because someone on a forum somewhere said something you don’t like. 🤣

    And like, sure, it’s easy to imagine things going badly. But isn’t “what would make you think this was a good idea? If they were to do it well, what would you like that to look like?” also an interesting question? Just? To think about?
    6MHlTGt.png

    This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 409 Member
    edited July 22
    Would honestly love being able to share my Sim's world with friends. Even building things together. I think that would make the experience so much more rich community-wise. It just seems like a fun experience all-around. I just have no clue on how they'd implement it. If there wouldn't be a pause button, or such. I don't see the downside to it if it's toggled on/off. The people who don't like multiplayer don't have to play it. It shouldn't be a big deal, honestly. Don't play it if you don't want it. It's not like it's subtracting your experience from playing the game offline.

    Online playing IS a big deal. If Sims 5 did become multi-player,then people would be having to constantly deal with spammers,exploiters,hackers,🌺🌺🌺🌺-bullies,scammers posting "free Simoleon " scams.....beggars constantly begging people "Give me Simoleons! I'm poor!..and there's also a good chance the game could end up as bad as SimCiy 2013 if i were online.

    EA should keep Sims 5 as a single player game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 286 Member
    Would honestly love being able to share my Sim's world with friends. Even building things together. I think that would make the experience so much more rich community-wise. It just seems like a fun experience all-around. I just have no clue on how they'd implement it. If there wouldn't be a pause button, or such. I don't see the downside to it if it's toggled on/off. The people who don't like multiplayer don't have to play it. It shouldn't be a big deal, honestly. Don't play it if you don't want it. It's not like it's subtracting your experience from playing the game offline.

    Online playing IS a big deal. If Sims 5 did become multi-player,then people would be having to constantly deal with spammers,exploiters,hackers,🌺🌺🌺🌺-bullies,scammers posting "free Simoleon " scams.....beggars constantly begging people "Give me Simoleons! I'm poor!..and there's also a good chance the game could end up as bad as SimCiy 2013 if i were online.

    EA should keep Sims 5 as a single player game.

    You do know there’s a difference between locally hosted multiplayer between a couple friends and an MMO, right?

    Multiplayer and MMO are not synonymous.

    6MHlTGt.png

    This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,866 Member
    edited July 22
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Lol, some of the worries in this thread reminds me of something I said in another thread.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    But sometimes it feels like the sims community treats all hypothetical speculation as a kind of monkey’s paw. Like, “don’t SAY THAT! They might HEAR YOU!” Like the only way it’s okay to want (or even think about it long enough to decide if you would want it or not) something is to like, phrase it perfectly like a wish to a capricious genie, or else it’ll get corrupted and be added to the game in a dark sinister way.

    And I get it, sort of. EA have certainly brow-beaten the community into fear of ideas. 😂
    But I promise the things you don’t like about the game right now aren’t bad because someone on a forum somewhere said something you don’t like. 🤣

    And like, sure, it’s easy to imagine things going badly. But isn’t “what would make you think this was a good idea? If they were to do it well, what would you like that to look like?” also an interesting question? Just? To think about?

    lol, monkey's paw is funny. However, didn't you know I have always seen Maxis as the evil genie? How many times has someone asked for something to be added to the game for it to only be the opposite of what they meant, or asked for, and or with an evil hook to it? If you want a more recent example how about Laundry Day pack. It started out as eco living off the grid. It has been stated it turned into laundry day for Sims by community vote. But is that really true. Wasn't laundry already planned at some point and or possibly discussed before in meetings and this would be a good chance to add it into the game (laundry) with a bucket/off the grid twist. But in truth there is very little in a stuff pack that the theme is/was living off the grid and technically all about laundry.

    ETA: Another example, there were people asking to visit other people's games in TS3. Not my cup of tea but that also had a few threads. What did they get? Simport. What was wrong with Simport, the game couldn't be turned off if you accepted a request of another to perform at a venue. You had to build a venue right away if you didn't already have one in your world, you couldn't save during the wait (24 hrs) when expecting the visit, your Sim had to be present at the performance (maybe they were too busy right at that moment or route fail) for the other player to get the credit for going to your world, and worst of all, if you were listed as accepting others into your world, you were hit with thousands of friend requests, who eventually took over your own Simpage, and you had no idea who any of those people are/were, so any conversations on your own Simpage was pointless since it was now being run by total strangers. And during the wait (time zones) of the real time 24 hours, the game lagged to the point of not being able to move around much. EA doesn't have a good track record nor does Maxis of building a fun filled, bug free, problem free MMO nor Multiplayer.

    ETA: Simpage where you invite a few to see and talk about your Sims or download your Sims or homes etc. and where you accept request to join your Simpage. Great right, but Simport friends and their friends and their friends and their friends having conversations in your chat feed where you no longer know anyone on your Simpage, don't like the discussions and didn't have any idea what the heck was going on inside your own chat Simpage.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 286 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Lol, some of the worries in this thread reminds me of something I said in another thread.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    But sometimes it feels like the sims community treats all hypothetical speculation as a kind of monkey’s paw. Like, “don’t SAY THAT! They might HEAR YOU!” Like the only way it’s okay to want (or even think about it long enough to decide if you would want it or not) something is to like, phrase it perfectly like a wish to a capricious genie, or else it’ll get corrupted and be added to the game in a dark sinister way.

    And I get it, sort of. EA have certainly brow-beaten the community into fear of ideas. 😂
    But I promise the things you don’t like about the game right now aren’t bad because someone on a forum somewhere said something you don’t like. 🤣

    And like, sure, it’s easy to imagine things going badly. But isn’t “what would make you think this was a good idea? If they were to do it well, what would you like that to look like?” also an interesting question? Just? To think about?

    lol, monkey's paw is funny. However, didn't you know I have always seen Maxis as the evil genie? How many times has someone asked for something to be added to the game for it to only be the opposite of what they meant, or asked for, and or with an evil hook to it? If you want a more recent example how about Laundry Day pack. It started out as eco living off the grid. It has been stated it turned into laundry day for Sims by community vote. But is that really true. Wasn't laundry already planned at some point and or possibly discussed before in meetings and this would be a good chance to add it into the game (laundry) with a bucket/off the grid twist. But in truth there is very little in a stuff pack that the theme is/was living off the grid and technically all about laundry.

    ETA: Another example, there were people asking to visit other people's games in TS3. Not my cup of tea but that also had a few threads. What did they get? Simport. What was wrong with Simport, the game couldn't be turned off if you accepted a request of another to perform at a venue. You had to build a venue right away if you didn't already have one in your world, you couldn't save during the wait (24 hrs) when expecting the visit, your Sim had to be present at the performance (maybe they were too busy right at that moment or route fail) for the other player to get the credit for going to your world, and worst of all, if you were listed as accepting others into your world, you were hit with thousands of friend requests, who eventually took over your own Simpage, and you had no idea who any of those people are/were, so any conversations on your own Simpage was pointless since it was now being run by total strangers. And during the wait (time zones) of the real time 24 hours, the game lagged to the point of not being able to move around much. EA doesn't have a good track record nor does Maxis of building a fun filled, bug free, problem free MMO nor Multiplayer.

    ETA: Simpage where you invite a few to see and talk about your Sims or download your Sims or homes etc. and where you accept request to join your Simpage. Great right, but Simport friends and their friends and their friends and their friends having conversations in your chat feed where you no longer know anyone on your Simpage, don't like the discussions and didn't have any idea what the heck was going on inside your own chat Simpage.

    Yeah, but “they’ve done this feature badly before or it could be done badly” is an argument against all features. It’s saying it’s bad to try and they shouldn’t even have a game. They messed up babies so we shouldn’t have babies in later games. They’ve implemented both rabbit holes and active lots badly so we can’t have sims leave their homes. They’ve had funky routing and AI so sims shouldn’t get to walk. Etc. - By the end of it, if that’s the approach you take, you end up philosophically backing EA sending you a jpeg and charging you $40 to look at it. At least they rendered this jpeg okay!

    I fully support being suspicious of EA’s ability to deliver a good game with good features. I am as well. But it’s still okay to ask for good features, rather than giving up on any potential feature before anyone has started on the basis it could be implemented poorly.

    And to me, if and when a feature is implemented poorly, it’s important to place the blame where it belongs. There is nothing wrong with the idea of the features themselves. EA did a bad job. It’s not wrong to want new mechanics in the game, and wanting a good game with robust diversity of play styles isn’t to blame for EA farting out the least supported basic bug pile they can get away with charging for.
    6MHlTGt.png

    This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 667 Member
    If they made a new Sims Online I'd play with my buddies all the time. We'd be the group of Greasers that you never thought you needed roaming in The Sims. You walk down our alley and we come out snapping our fingers as we emerge from the shadows. I mean come on, who doesn't get even remotely excited about The Sims Online?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,866 Member
    edited July 25
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Lol, some of the worries in this thread reminds me of something I said in another thread.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    But sometimes it feels like the sims community treats all hypothetical speculation as a kind of monkey’s paw. Like, “don’t SAY THAT! They might HEAR YOU!” Like the only way it’s okay to want (or even think about it long enough to decide if you would want it or not) something is to like, phrase it perfectly like a wish to a capricious genie, or else it’ll get corrupted and be added to the game in a dark sinister way.

    And I get it, sort of. EA have certainly brow-beaten the community into fear of ideas. 😂
    But I promise the things you don’t like about the game right now aren’t bad because someone on a forum somewhere said something you don’t like. 🤣

    And like, sure, it’s easy to imagine things going badly. But isn’t “what would make you think this was a good idea? If they were to do it well, what would you like that to look like?” also an interesting question? Just? To think about?

    lol, monkey's paw is funny. However, didn't you know I have always seen Maxis as the evil genie? How many times has someone asked for something to be added to the game for it to only be the opposite of what they meant, or asked for, and or with an evil hook to it? If you want a more recent example how about Laundry Day pack. It started out as eco living off the grid. It has been stated it turned into laundry day for Sims by community vote. But is that really true. Wasn't laundry already planned at some point and or possibly discussed before in meetings and this would be a good chance to add it into the game (laundry) with a bucket/off the grid twist. But in truth there is very little in a stuff pack that the theme is/was living off the grid and technically all about laundry.

    ETA: Another example, there were people asking to visit other people's games in TS3. Not my cup of tea but that also had a few threads. What did they get? Simport. What was wrong with Simport, the game couldn't be turned off if you accepted a request of another to perform at a venue. You had to build a venue right away if you didn't already have one in your world, you couldn't save during the wait (24 hrs) when expecting the visit, your Sim had to be present at the performance (maybe they were too busy right at that moment or route fail) for the other player to get the credit for going to your world, and worst of all, if you were listed as accepting others into your world, you were hit with thousands of friend requests, who eventually took over your own Simpage, and you had no idea who any of those people are/were, so any conversations on your own Simpage was pointless since it was now being run by total strangers. And during the wait (time zones) of the real time 24 hours, the game lagged to the point of not being able to move around much. EA doesn't have a good track record nor does Maxis of building a fun filled, bug free, problem free MMO nor Multiplayer.

    ETA: Simpage where you invite a few to see and talk about your Sims or download your Sims or homes etc. and where you accept request to join your Simpage. Great right, but Simport friends and their friends and their friends and their friends having conversations in your chat feed where you no longer know anyone on your Simpage, don't like the discussions and didn't have any idea what the heck was going on inside your own chat Simpage.

    Yeah, but “they’ve done this feature badly before or it could be done badly” is an argument against all features. It’s saying it’s bad to try and they shouldn’t even have a game. They messed up babies so we shouldn’t have babies in later games. They’ve implemented both rabbit holes and active lots badly so we can’t have sims leave their homes. They’ve had funky routing and AI so sims shouldn’t get to walk. Etc. - By the end of it, if that’s the approach you take, you end up philosophically backing EA sending you a jpeg and charging you $40 to look at it. At least they rendered this jpeg okay!

    I fully support being suspicious of EA’s ability to deliver a good game with good features. I am as well. But it’s still okay to ask for good features, rather than giving up on any potential feature before anyone has started on the basis it could be implemented poorly.

    And to me, if and when a feature is implemented poorly, it’s important to place the blame where it belongs. There is nothing wrong with the idea of the features themselves. EA did a bad job. It’s not wrong to want new mechanics in the game, and wanting a good game with robust diversity of play styles isn’t to blame for EA farting out the least supported basic bug pile they can get away with charging for.

    I'll have to disagree simply because I see this series as The Sims, not any other game in the universe. If they keep bringing in new mechanics of 'diverse' play styles, which is just code for different genre, then they might as well stop calling it The Sims, and name it any old other game out there. The Sims is unique because it was people playing their own way, not a developer's idea of what should or shouldn't be done with the Sim and it's life. If multiplayer becomes part of single player game which allowed the player and is supposed to be in control of the world, how it plays, who lives there, what is their story, are they successful or tortured and destoryed then it is no longer The Sims, but a direction Maxis wants us to play.
    That is no longer a game we are supposed to control every facid of their lifes and worlds. True, TS4 is the least of these games by the standard of 'you control, you rule' but it is no longer The Sims but a different genre where No you don't control or rule. If people want to ask Maxis to build a multiplayer separate from this franchise, go for it, but single players aren't going to buy it or play it for very long if they understand the root of The Sims. Multiplayer can't offer single players any thing at all they would want to play that involves another player in real time. What most of us single players understand is we are gods of our games, not Maxis and it annoys us to the hilt for Maxis to try to even make us do particular things in a linear way or specific way rather than our way as in the past which offered much more flexability and freedom of imagination and design and or creativity. TS4 is too limited already.

    ETA: And if you read my signature there are still a few of us left who agree with W.W...games are not the place to tell stories (linear and controlled) but to let people tell their own stories. Now anyone want to tell me how multiplayer would allow a single player to 'tell' their own story and gameplay? It wouldn't. If you want to change the franchise, fine, but leave single player games alone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,866 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Something you have been wanting might wind up being multiplayer, we don't know. Like maybe you wanted a bunkbed (just as a crazy example) but the only way to have one in your game would be to do something in multiplayer mode.

    Something like this would be a very scary prospect. I hope it is not the direction they’re willing to take.
    I can imagine Jasmine Holiday on an Emotional Blackmail Mission saying: “if you don’t go play with the other children you won’t get this fancy new toy.” A scary time for loners indeed...

    LOL. yes, it is. I mean look what they thought would be fun for single players, watching teams compete each other for money....I think that should say it all of how out of touch they are with their base players but chasing new players who don't care if this franchise remains single player, player controlled or not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top