Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I made a mod that removes the fighting with the fabricator in Eco Lifestyle, am I doing this right?

logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
So I just wanted to share a simple mod that I have made, I am no modder and I am not going to claim that I understand how scripting works.

I got sick of the fabricator fighting my sim constantly every time I wanted to craft something so I looked in the sim tuning files for the fabricator and found the following in interaction/fabricator_CraftingMixer_Spray_H1, interaction/fabricator_CraftingMixer_Spray_H2 and interaction/fabricator_CraftingMixer_Spray_H3

aaghvEL.png

Apparently there are outcomes for every height the fabricator has in the spraying stage. Like the fighting and the explosion, which I assume is when the fabricator is spraying my sim with colors. I don't understand if it is even possible to configure the chances of these outcomes from happening, so I decide to do something extreme and I make a package which is the same as the three Spraying interactions but I remove the outcomes.

2cK9PD2.png

So far, it seems to work, no LE's and I can now craft whatever I want without the fabricator fighting back. The fabricator can still break though, but I don't find that as much annoying as the fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzD4z0QoR6U

You can download the small mod here

Is it correct to do a mod like this or will this most likely break if Maxis decides to update the fabricator?
Post edited by logion on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Editing tuning files is not the same as scripting, btw.
    It's safe to do it that way most likely, but override mods always have a chance at "breaking", especially when it's from a new pack that will probably receive updates for the coming months. You should be good though, even if there is a change made in a patch it won't crash your game or anything.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Editing tuning files is not the same as scripting, btw.
    It's safe to do it that way most likely, but override mods always have a chance at "breaking", especially when it's from a new pack that will probably receive updates for the coming months. You should be good though, even if there is a change made in a patch it won't crash your game or anything.

Yeah, I did not really meant scripting just...modding in general.
    Thank you, I guess this mod works as it should then. I am happy that I now understand enough from the tuning files so I can remove annoying things that they add.
    I don't think I will upload this mod on any site or anything but I am happy that I understand a little bit more how this works. Yeah, I can imagine this will break in the future, but for now, this mod makes crafting so much easier.