Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - On Hiatus

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Applause to @Plumbob and @_sims_Yimi
    These valentine cards are so beautiful :love: ...
    maybe except for Seth's potato.
    Poor humiliated vampire. Everyone despises him :heartbreak::bawling:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @MonaSolstraale
    I don't despise Seth, I think he's brilliant! Then again, Yimi's potato is even more brilliant :joy:
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @MonaSolstraale
    I wouldn't feel too bad for Seth. He gets the most fanmail by a long, long way
    and most of it is totally inappropriate. 10-13-20-4-21-08-PM.png
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @MonaSolstraale
    I wouldn't feel too bad for Seth. He gets the most fanmail by a long, long way
    and most of it is totally inappropriate. 10-13-20-4-21-08-PM.png
    Jubii! The merry days are back again! :joy:
    I was mistaken.
    He looks very smug so I think he can handle a few more potatoes ;)

I know what I'm doing

Chapter 2.29 - Nothing Illegal

Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @SnuffyBucket
    I like Wyatt's shirt a lot. He even has a fannypack strapped over it, but is there a reason why he likes his shirt so much? I guess its much better than the canary yellow he was forced to put on. Is he conditioned to 'fear' the shirt, the shirt is a sign of slavery? Of listening to customers talk about bunions and interesting growths? Haha oh, Wyatt! What literal hell you live in. :joy:
    @DeafSimmer
    As far as they know, yes she is. Another potato for Seth! He's going to have a sack of them at this rate. Hopefully he'll give them to the girls to feed to basement Danny alongside his soup and paracetamol and not just bludgeon unsuspecting strangers with them.

@mercuryfoam
    Ah, it's not so much that he likes his red shirt so much, it's that he dislikes the yellow one. That's the uniform Sage makes her store assistants wear and a sure sign that Wyatt is about to be forced to work some unpaid hours for mother dearest. Literal hell!
    Almost Eternal
  • GarbonzoBean66GarbonzoBean66 Posts: 19 Member
    Just found your story and getting into it! Prologue hooked me and I'm loving it already. Brava angel face!
    ~~ConfettiNinjaBean *throws confetti*
    The Sterling-Vatore Legacy Blog
    @GarbonzoBean66

Hi, welcome! I've responded to your comment over on the blog so won't repeat myself here. :smile:

@MonaSolstraale
    Seth received a grand total of four potatoes and two genuine valentines. He's very smug.
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Chapter 2.29

Right! Very belated second half of my comment incoming 😁
    I love Broof’s new permanent rosy cheeks almost as much as I love Broof and Wyatt together. Their personalities just bounce off one another so well, haha. Lol their expressions when they look into the cauldron 🤣 they’re acting just like teenagers, especially Wyatt with his “Broof did it!” and trying to shift the blame to someone else to get out from under Sage’s anger. Bwahahaha that shirt and his expression are pure gold 😂😂🤣

Hm. I gathered that spellcasters age slower than normal humans, but now I wonder at what rate they mature. Wyatt himself said that he’s 76, and Broof isn’t much older than him, right? Plus, Broof had a partner and a child at some point, and he’s worked for Sandy all these years… I wonder why Wyatt is still so childlike compared to Broof. Part of it might be his personality, but Sage’s immediate “go to your room!” has me thinking otherwise. At some point, even if your offspring is living under your roof, there comes a point where they’re adults and just can’t be punished like a child anymore. Perhaps Sage is a very overbearing mother?
    “I know what I’m doing now” and Wyatt not being allowed (?) to use magic has me wondering, too. Sage is doing it, and that doesn’t seem to be an issue. Broof is trying but he’s just not strong enough. There’s a coven meet up where they’ll probably practice magic, too. So it seems like it’s just Wyatt. Did he mess up in the past, and is that why they’re trying to keep him on a leash? And do they not want him to use magic at all, or only use magic supervised? I wonder what happened.

I cannot wait to see the rest of the coven, especially “Wartilda” and “Toadella” 😂😂
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    They are similar in age, yes, Broof being just a bit older. Perhaps Wyatt is immature, perhaps Sage is just overbearing. I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later using your own magickal brain-poking abilities.

Yes, Wyatt messed up. More on that later.

You get to see a glimpse of Wartilda and Toadella in a couple of chapter's time, but it'll be a while before you meet the whole coven. Gotta round up some witches first. :D
    Almost Eternal
    edited February 2021
    @_sims_Yimi
    They are similar in age, yes, Broof being just a bit older. Perhaps Wyatt is immature, perhaps Sage is just overbearing. I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later using your own magickal brain-poking abilities.

Yes, Wyatt messed up. More on that later.

You get to see a glimpse of Wartilda and Toadella in a couple of chapter's time, but it'll be a while before you meet the whole coven. Gotta round up some witches first. :D
    I could not help but see that you are looking for witches....
    I have a highly educated wizard.
    R0WhVOgl.png

He is very talented ...
    I7c5KoZl.png

.... and as you can see, Morgyn is a big admirer of his talent
    DqlU3Mkl.png

Now that we're talking about Morgyn...
    I've sent someone else to the Magic Realm to practice witchcraft ...
    1QH0t1Vl.png

I should not be able to say why Morgyn suddenly got the urge to take a selfie with her
    DCse1uOl.png
    I swear I do not control their actions :confused:
    But as you know, Morgyn has their own way of asserting themselves.
    QT2rEjql.png

Nothing new under the sun :joy:
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
    @MonaSolstraale
    I want your witches! Your 'talented' wizard (he'd be a witch over in AE; it's a gender-neutral term in my world) would be a very welcome addition to the coven! Windenburg Witches welcome those of all talents and ability! And is that your simself I see ascending to the magical ranks? Clearly meant to be! Please have them avoid any potion or overcharge mishaps until I am ready to collect them 🧙‍♀️🧹✨
    Almost Eternal
    Yep! It is meant to be... I will take good care of them until they are ready to leave 🧹🧹⚡
    I must warn you that my male witch is a partner of an alien woman and they have two children together ... and two cats.
    Feel free to delete the useless ones.

So mortal to anticipate the ending

Chapter 2.30 - Nightfall

Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    The number of potatoes he has now received is probably equalling the number of women he has messed with.
    Almost Eternal
    The number of potatoes he has now received is probably equalling the number of women he has messed with.

This made me lol :joy:

I am formally petitioning for potatoes to be included in your story. A 'Spot the potato' game. Although there's a human one already. :lol:
    edited February 2021
    @mercuryfoam

I was going to do this nude, American Beauty style, but got bored adding potatoes.
    POTATO.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    I love that picture! My day is getting better from now on :joy:
    Please let me hand you some more potatoes. I will make sure they are covered with lots of soil.
    B5rqQqkl.jpg

There is no point in dwelling

Chapter 2.31 - Cold Soup

Almost Eternal
    Oof ch 2.31
    Y'know, that tiny slip there when Ralf accidentally spoke his mind and had to quickly backtrack on his statement and talk down Jessica to Wilbur was just 😭. It made me feel for him all the much more. Him able to discern past her quirks to the kind of police officer she is is so kind. He has been very patient with Jess's babbling from the start despite how overwhelming she is and how weary he became.

Now I am wondering if it was preplanned and on purpose that Ralf had Jessica do Chase's work and be acting deputy so in some ways, tried to exercise some police duty, considering he finds her efficient. Maybe he wants certain things to be brought to light. Often those in tight corners will try to find/make wiggle room. Maybe recruiting Jessica and her kooky quirks is Ralf's undertable small act of rebellion against his oppressors? 😶
    @mercuryfoam
    Efficiency through inefficiency, perhaps. For sure there's not a lot of wiggle room where Wilbur is concerned, and hiring Spoon has certainly gone against the grain.

I guess your theory will be answered when I eventually get round to answering this: who actually hired Jess?
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Woops, I completely forgot about Ralf II: Bathrobe Edition :joy:
    You know, despite his laziness, crookedness in favour of Sir Wangrod and his feverish dedication to do as little work as humanly possible, Ralf really isn’t that bad of a guy, is he? I’m slowly warming up to him more and more. I don’t know why I expected him not to care much about his nephew’s death, but I’m glad that it does affect him. There’s a good deal of humanity left in there after all. Paired with a great amount of guilt too, I’m sure.

Man, his “relationship” with Wilbur reminds me of a fly lured into a web. I wonder if he started out as lazy and got lured in by the idea of an easy career, or if he started out bright-eyed and bushy-tailed like Jessica, got entangled in Wilbur’s web, and over time just gave up on trying. Like a person slowly being trapped and moulded into an unwilling marionette.

When Wilbur told Ralf to make Jessica stay home, my first thought was “oh fudge, is he going to get her fired?” My second thought was “oh bloody heck, is he going to get her killed? Arrested? Vanish without a trace? Worse?” I wonder who he has in mind for ‘replacement for Deputy’.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘