Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    Interesting question.

I've actually really been dreading posting this chapter. I don't feel I do warm and fuzzy very well, and I'm very much with Faith on the whole 'romance' thing. Gag. :D

I'm sure everything will be fine. o:)
    That's probably because you know what's coming and I don't, so I can focus on the happy bits. :tongue: I'm all fuzzy because of the Mel+Faith reunion. Those two go so back so it's a shame they pulled away from each other for awhile. Here's hoping it stays that way. But eeh nothing's solved yet so :lol:

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Also feels like the calm before the storm kinda but you know. I'm going to ignore that. 😂
    I'm not. :mrgreen: that's two people willing to go to Lilith over April now. I'm sure that will go swimmingly when they tell her :D of course, she may be so occupied with Caleb that she doesn't even notice...
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    Keep focusing on the happy bits and not that nothing is solved yet. ;)

@_sims_Yimi
    Still praying for disaster, I see? :D Everyone's best friends now and Caleb and April clearly have a love to last eternity. I don't know why you think things may go awry...
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Still praying for disaster, I see? :D Everyone's best friends now and Caleb and April clearly have a love to last eternity. I don't know why you think things may go awry...
    Of course I am! My gnome army lives on drama. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    It was a really nice de-stressing episode after the many chapters with drama :smile:
    I never think I got reported back on the previous episode, but I really liked the conversation Melinda had with Caleb. Everyone got wiser ... me too as a reader :smile:
    Now I am excited about what they will each put up with the clarification they have been given.

Melinda and Faith have rediscovered their friendship :smile:
    April and Caleb are in love. That is so sweet <3
    .....But that still does not change the fact that April is a murderer and the authorities are on the hunt to find the culprit :/ .
    @MonaSolstraale
    Yes, the murder of Sandy Moss hangs over them. A guillotine just waiting to drop.
    Almost Eternal
    I'm in a good mood.

Chapter 28 - Love The Misery
    Almost Eternal
    I guess I should be in a good mood too … but why do I fear the worst? 😂
    I'm glad Caleb and Lilith are talking together now. They need each other <3
    I have commented on the girls in your block
    @MonaSolstraale
    You must know me well. ;)

@DeafSimmer
    April is eighteen, which where I live is both a teenager and an adult. I know it's kinda creepy, but almost every woman in the world is younger than Caleb, what's a guy to do? :|
    Almost Eternal
    Do you enjoy the sensation of fear?

Chapter 29 - The Opposite
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I forgot to ask in my WP comment-
    The drawings were pretty cool - how did you do that?
    edited September 2020
    TW: Disturbing & Morbid
    Caleb is suicidal like Mel? He doesn't need scalpels though. Just need to bite his own wrists since their fangs are so sharp. :sweat_smile: I didn't realise vamps could bleed to death. They seem so pale and so lacking blood already.
    Are Lilith's eyes cc? They look nice and cloudy.

I'm curious who is your favourite character?

EDIT: I need to find a way to type all this without making them sound so confronting. >.>
    edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam

Also disturbing:
    Caleb yes, Mel is not. But Lilith not letting him near scalpels is more to do with his general ineptness. He'd have some job beheading himself with a scalpel and no, he can't bleed to death. Lack of blood'll do that.

They're not CC, just the glare from her laptop.

My favourite character? That would be telling... Put it this way; I love me a reprobate. Who's your favourite?
    Almost Eternal
    @SnuffyBucket
    Ah okay. I meant to compare with Mel when she wanted to reach for the stars. Pretty sure she thought about it then.

I don't have any yet. I do like Faith a little more than the rest, but not yet at what I'd consider favourite.
    @mercuryfoam
    Mel was feeling lost, but she didn't intend to end it all, she just wanted to leave although she didn't really have a plan. She wanted to watch the stars to feel closer to her dad, as it was an activity they did together, and he mentioned during their phone call to look at the sky the next night. Then Caleb appeared and it all went bum up.

Ah, so Faith has not fallen out of favour with absolutely everyone then. :)
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Caleb is certainly trying. He does know about Rose, as will you, next chapter. :)
    Almost Eternal
    edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam
    Mel was feeling lost, but she didn't intend to end it all, she just wanted to leave although she didn't really have a plan. She wanted to watch the stars to feel closer to her dad, as it was an activity they did together, and he mentioned during their phone call to look at the sky the next night. Then Caleb appeared and it all went bum up.

Ah, so Faith has not fallen out of favour with absolutely everyone then. :)
    Whaaaaaat?! I totally thought she was going in that direction. (So poetic too. Totally made me think of the poet and minister Qu Yuan from 340BC.) My geeky side for myths and legends are coming out. But okay. Gotcha! :)

Forgot to mention Faith lol. Is she falling out of favour? Oof, I'm all for seeing where they're headed. Their ride has come to a nice pit stop but they're still dangling on the edge. Hopefully they pull themselves up but Idk I have a feeling it's not nuuuu..
    Please heed the warnings on the post.

A Rose by any other name...

Chapter 30 - Without Shoes
    Almost Eternal
    edited September 2020
    In spite of the gloomy mood, it was a really interesting episode <3
    You are right that I got answers to many of my questions and right now I have no more.
    Is this good or bad? :dizzy:
    @MonaSolstraale

It's good. You can give your brain a nice rest now before it all goes wrong again on Monday. ;)
    Almost Eternal
    Aaaaah I’m behind! Nuu!

Chapter 28
    April, stop being jealous of your friends whenever they get even remotely close to Caleb. She’s asking him a question, for crying out loud, not proposing everlasting marriage to him! XD
    April waved her hand. “You’re the jealous ones.”
    Ah, yes. I’ll have a scoop of teenage hormones with a side of delusional, please.
    “He knew exactly who would be watching.”
    Wait who is watching?! No tell me! Darn it, Snuffy! Now I won’t be able to put this out of my mind nooooooo :s

Chapter 29
    “Lilith won’t let me anywhere near the scalpels.”
    But… you’re a… an immortal vampy... *brain-broke*

Also, it sounds like something you would do with a suicidal person, but also with a toddler. This line made me wonder if Lilith sees Caleb as an actual adult.
    Ooooh the sketches were really well done! I want to see more of them.

Chapter 30
    Oh man… she really does resemble Melinda a lot. Even their way of talking is kind of similar. No wonder Caleb felt like something about her was too familiar to be a coincidence.

GAH IS THAT THE DUDE FROM THE
    “He knew exactly who would be watching.”
    FROM THAT O.O so there IS another dangerous vampire lurking around! And not just recently, but for a very long time already, from what I can tell. Aw man, so that’s who killed boxer short dude. And Melinda’s mother holy cow 0.o

J6AKQqX.jpg