Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @mercuryfoam I have actually created a whole series of comics over the last 15 years, but they are both hysterically poorly drawn and full of completely inappropriate content.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    😂😂😂 Class!
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @SnuffyBucket Oooh you have? I've made 2 strips of stick figure comic way back in 2013 (I think) with questionable humor and even posted it. I'm not surprised if my sanity is questioned after.

Still intrigued.
    The comic was 'The Adventures of Boo and Snuffy' and was a collab with my bestie who you might guess is called Boo about our um... escapades at university. And I think that's all I can say about it without getting flowered. :#
    Almost Eternal
    Oof I did that with my friends too! Mine was called "'The Baga Gang'. (Baga/Baka translates to stupid in English, but it actually means goofy/dorky in an endearing way.)This was waaay back in 2008 so I completely forgot about it. :D
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Hi Snuffy!

Haven't had a chance to get caught up yet, but your banner is super pretty! I wonder what kind of spooky shenanigans the three of them are going to get into. The paint attempt made me laugh - that's how I did it, too, but then with stick figures. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘

Incoming!

Chapter 11 - Nothing Scares Me

I'm curious to know: am I dropping chapters too often? Not often enough?
    Almost Eternal
    I struggle with timing chapter publishing too so probably a terrible person to answer that :D I have far too many chapters prewritten so it's a challenge not to just put it all out - and I gather you might be in the same boat!

I think your update schedule is good (I think you're doing every other day or every three days?) Wouldn't say it feels like too much, since your chapters are bite-sized and always leave me wanting for more, darn all that mystery! :D
    @ThePlumbob I am definitely in that boat with you.
    I'm currently adding chapters mon/wed/fri.
    Some of the upcoming chapters are a bit longer, especially the dialogue heavy ones, but bite-sized is the goal; sneak one in on the loo kinda thing. I have great aspirations for my writing as you can see.

Mystery will start to unfold soon...
    Almost Eternal
    @_sims_Yimi
    Hi Yimi, thanks for stopping by! The girls are certainly going to get themselves into something.

You laughed at my paint attempt? But that was my finest work! 😂
    Almost Eternal
    @SnuffyBucket
    Geez. That was heartbreaking. I was almost homeless at one point so I'm instantly connecting to everyone -- mom, Faith and the oblivious sister too lol. I have a bad feeling about how Faith's going to solve her family's financial woes. I need me more Faith chapters now. :smiley:

That's entirely up to you. I used to have a schedule of 1 chapter every 5 days. Really depends on how much time you have or can commit to your story. If you don't like the schedule midway you can always change it.
    @mercuryfoam
    Yes, poor Faith has a lot going on. But she wouldn't be who she is without it so I felt it was important to include.

Almost Eternal

Prepare yourselves...

Chapter 12 - Dining In The Gutter
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Oh she definitely deserved it. As to whether she's dead or not, you'll find out next chapter. :smile:
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer @SnuffyBucket
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say I don't think she deserved it - don't get me wrong, Sandy's a terrible mother, no doubt about that, but that is a high price to pay.

Not to say that I don't understand why things panned out that way or particularly blame April. Vampires have needs and cravings that go far beyond what people do or don't deserve, after all.
    @ThePlumbob
    How to put this in an unleaky way... are you playing devil's advocate or could you perhaps have connected some dots? Hold on to the thought that it's a high price to pay. ;)
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Woo! I'm all caught up!
    I actually agree with @ThePlumbob here. Sandy was a horrible horrible HORRIBLE mother and waste of space as a human being, but still - to die by exsanguination is a hell of a way to go. I guess it wasn't one of the more painful deaths, at least. Plus, now we have the risk of her coming back as a vampire, too. I hope that's not how turning works in this story, because think of what havoc Sandy could wreak with the kind of powers that April now has. Holy cowplant please no.
    On second thought, if they turn when they're still alive, perhaps it's better that April did end up killing her. :cold_sweat:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi

Wow! That was some binge read!
    Dying by exsanguination would for sure be a horrible way to go. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Is that what I mean by Sandy getting what she deserves? Is Sandy a vampire? I can neither confirm nor deny any of these things yet but it will start to untangle very soon. It couldn't get any worse now, right?

Almost Eternal
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Just found this gem!

You should have more views and waaaay more followers!

Love this!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick

Thanks! 🙂

I'm writing for fun so I'm not fussed about it being popular, but I really like knowing that people are enjoying it.

(Or that they are sticking with it because it torments them 😂)
    Almost Eternal
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I binged a bunch of chapters last night and I am really enjoying this! I love your writing and your humor. Bookmarking this. :)
    edited July 2020
    This week's a rough one folks, starting with:

Chapter 13 - Years Of Silence
    Almost Eternal
    I really enjoyed this one, it was very well written!
    It was so interesting to read about Sandy from Travis's perspective! And that ending, gasp :o

@ThePlumbob
    <3 Thanks so much! I struggle to be serious (in general). I'm glad it came across OK/not boring. :)
    Almost Eternal