Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - On Hiatus

Comments

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    Why would you fiddle with a stick? Yes, Melinda couldn't seem to resist having a swift swig. April's default reaction when her mother turned on her was to 'stay down, shut up' so yes, that tends to be her reaction to any sort of violence/confrontation. Although, she is actively starting to realise the detriment of this reaction and the way she was raised now, and identifying that there's a problem is the first way to overcome it.

Lilith is definitely not being entirely honest. But when is anyone?
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal

Inhale gently...

Chapter 2.43 - And Blow

Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    No, it appears she isn't. Although April didn't agree to the dissection so there's no hard proof.
    In Caleb's defence, he thought he was hallucinating or he definitely would have acted differently. I think.
    Yes, Seth is one talented man for all the wrong reasons.
    Almost Eternal

I'll leave it up to you whether you watch or not

Chapter 2.44 - Run Wild

Almost Eternal

We can chill in my room, play some games.

Chapter 2.45 - Neck Booze

Almost Eternal

Are you following so far?

Chapter 2.46 - Saccharine

Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ok so Wordpress PMSed and ate my comment so I'm posting 2nd try here. Amg so lucky I write them in Word doc first :astonished:
    Daww Broof as a kid with not a hair out of place and spandex and bowtie. You’d think that would be the style Sage would impose on Wyatt, or she did and he rebelled xD I'm admiring your art skills though! Did you color him purple too? xDDD

Which teen bimbo is Beth referring to? Considering the entire main cast are teens I’m just doubly making sure what’s going on here.

And nooooo I don’t buy Beth’s charade. Maybe she’s like Ralf, enslaved by Wangshaft but she could also be bought by him. I don’t know her motivations enough to ascertain Ralf should tell her anything at this point. Gah and he’s so close to the mystery only to be thrown by this.. unexpected ‘ally’. Nope, she's sus to me! I want Jessica back XD

This bind thing. I had a thought last chapter that for all its drawbacks Seth could potentially just bind Faith, take that power he wants from her and dump anything else that he thinks is a liability onto her shell. But now I see why Seth doesn't want it. Then again, it sounds like it could potentially save your life like how it did Caleb here. So you need to kill both wife and hubby otherwise killing one of them doesn’t work and they just rise back from the dead? What if you dismember them into a lot of pieces but don’t kill the spouse? Do each piece still continue living? I’m sorry I hope nobody is reading this (except you, again gah sorry!) Just that I’ve read in other stories of this scene happening and the dismembered person continues living so am just trying to relate that and this xD .

I wonder what gave Caleb away. Was it one of the tea? Was it an effect of any plant nearby? Did Caleb not withdraw his fangs? Is Sage just a super vamp slayer to the point she can sense them? That would spell a whole load of trouble to everyone else! Can vamps conceal themselves from this detection mode she has?

So… Lilith would be considered a new age vampire then.. Just trying to come up with antonyms for old society vampires. Don’t mind me. xD

I feel like there’d be a Sage vs Lilith in the future. Or since Lilith is not taking enough blood. Sage vs Seth or Faith. >.> ... I'm kinda excited for that.
    @mercuryfoam
    Admiring my art skills, lol. The art in AE is its own comedy by now. Yeah, I just shaded him purple in paint and thought that looked like something a six-year-old would do.

Beth is referring to April as the news was adamant that Will kidnapped/ran off with April hence his disappearance. But, y'know, could be any teen bimbo really. Dude has form.

Nothing up with Beth. Nothing at all. You'll get Jessica back soon! Lucky you.

Seth cannot bind Faith. Binding only works when turning a human, you can't bind them after that. So Seth is resorting to good old powers of manipulation to bend Faith to his will. Yep, Caleb would have been toast at his interview if he hadn't been connected to April.
    So you need to kill both wife and hubby otherwise killing one of them doesn’t work and they just rise back from the dead? What if you dismember them into a lot of pieces but don’t kill the spouse? Do each piece still continue living?

Not quite... there's a lot hidden in Sage's wording here.

Sage has a certain talent for identifying vamps and knew Caleb was one from the off.
    Can vamps conceal themselves from this detection mode she has?

Yes, some can. In fact you may have had a tiny hint to who that might be already, hehe.

I think 'New Age Vampire' sums up Lilith quite well. Or at least what she aspires to.
    I feel like there’d be a Sage vs Lilith in the future. Or since Lilith is not taking enough blood. Sage vs Seth or Faith. >.> ... I'm kinda excited for that.

At least one of these will happen. Yay! Be excited! It covers up all the dread.
    Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited April 2021
    @SnuffyBucket
    Lol I’m not being sarcastic. I’m so dependent on fancy gimp tools that you telling me you do all that with paint and have it looking neat like that with no spillage is admirable. Also cuz I know you do them pixels one by one. Mad respect!

Oooh ok phew. That’s one way to ensure Faith stays alive.

I went and reread Sage’s words in hopes to capture what’s not said but apart from Sage using ‘them’ then ‘pair’ and her strange knowing that it was Caleb Vatore and his bride probably April, I can’t find anything else. Does make me wonder if she recognised Caleb this whole time, or her prolonged absence from the shop was when she found out about Caleb’s identity (still thinking it’s the first one) and her strange ‘them/pair’ hiccup might point to a few more unpleasant theories like… maybe Caleb has more than one bind, maybe knowing Caleb Vatore means she knows Lilith Vatore (same surname and all), maybe they had had history and she recognised him even without the name. x_x so many possibilities.

I read that ‘hint’ but using April's words, I think I’m a knob too. I can’t find it. Nuuu that means I have to wait for next chapter :joy:

Also, reading about past April absolutely breaks my heart knowing what she has become today. :cry: Caleb you tuberous lump.

@mercuryfoam
    I am trying to get into gimp but there's too many buttons. :joy: I totally admire your ability to navigate that thing and produce screenshots that are absolutely glorious. My new job involves using technical drawing software, so once I'm familiar with a few more, who knows what AE book 3 will look like? :D

Rooting for Faith to stay 'alive' until book 3, I see. OK. Interesting.

Yes, you know how it goes; my hints and hiddens about particular plot points probably don't make any sense to anyone except me until months later. Or ever; I am still very much a newbie writer, after all and trying to make sense of the nonsense that runs through my head and present it in a way that it makes sense to others. I often fail, lol. Welcome to my head where there are a billion balls in the air being juggled by an army of tragic clowns, like a circus of nightmares. :D

The ins and outs of vampire slaying, the implications with a bound pair and the history and motivations of our resident vampire slayer here will be explored more next chapter and loads in book three. Yay! It's safe to take Sage off the possible death list for book two, hehe.

Haha, the hint was in the first part of the chapter where Seth is talking about April/Mel/Caleb/Faith being ridiculously easy to follow, so that should rule out a few options about who is trackable. And if not, Seth has previously claimed “They won’t get caught. Not with me around. I’ve been on the run my whole life, surely I am a master of it?” He says a lot of interesting bits during that exchange; it was quite the finale ;). Yay for obscure foreshadowing!
    Also, reading about past April absolutely breaks my heart knowing what she has become today.
    Oof. We've only just touched on what April was/could have been, too. :heartbreak:
    Almost Eternal

We only did it one time

Chapter 2.47 - Least Rubbish Option

Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Beth simply gave Ralf a few of her special drinks...
    Sage will definitely help them find April. :#
    Almost Eternal

That brings back memories

Chapter 2.48 - A Visitor

Almost Eternal

for my persistent pain in the neck

Chapter 2.49 - Delicacy

Almost Eternal

I already read that. Driest thing ever.

Chapter 2.50 - Grounds For Dismissal

Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I forgot to say
    I wonder what the potion Wyatt's working on is. Why do I get a feeling his non-traditional approach to procuring whatever esbat water is will come back to bite him (haha, bite) and/or make everything explode? Then again, we seem to be headed towards everything exploding either way, so in the grand scheme of things, if we even make it to the day his delivery arrives it's a success. Confidence!
    @ThePlumbob
    He is working on Erythrocyte Elixir, which is a potion that speeds up the production of erythrocytes (red blood cells) and will reduce the time they need to rest between 'donations'. It works by cheating away the 'recently bitten' moodlet so they can go again. 😆
    His nontraditional approach may yield nontraditional results, but I'm sure no one would sell fake esbat (full moon ritual) water online, would they? 😉
    We are nearly at the end of book 2. Explosions are likely.
    Almost Eternal

A long-forgotten rhythm

Chapter 2.52 - Backdraught

Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Oops, sorry, missed this comment.
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @SnuffyBucket
    The cliffhanger had me wondering about what might have happened between Lilith and Sage. Is Caleb looking into April's mind or imagining things happening between April and Melinda?
    Caleb is looking into April's mind, but he doesn't realise this, he thinks he's just imagining/seeing things.
    Almost Eternal
    edited May 2021
    It's the final week of Almost Eternal 2: Descent.

This week, we're back in time; delving into the murky past of a certain behatted potato.

In a line of two, on the fringe of society.

Hr9zV3m.jpg

OMG. Finally got linked images to work. Hurrah!
    Post edited by SnuffyBucket on
    Almost Eternal