Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @SnuffyBucket

Chapter 8
    Say whaat, has she managed to turn Melinda? She must have read a lot of those vampire lore books if she managed to do that on line day 1 of being a vampire herself. Or maybe becoming a vampire is much easier in your universe. But gosh, April, this is not a sustainable approach to feeding, doesn't making a vampire drain more energy than it gives you? 😆 I can see why she'd want a vampire friend to share her path with, though she could have considered asking lol! Anywho, I hope Melinda enjoyed sitting in the sun.

I wonder if they'll also try to turn Faith. If their friendship is this complicated and turbulent with them as mortals, just imagine what centuries together would do. Oh boy.
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    edited July 2020
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    I'm having a blast reading this! :mrgreen:
    One thing I noticed - if you click on your forum link for chapter 2, the link leads you to an error that says the blog page doesn't exist.

Ah, yes thanks for pointing that out. I think because the link contains a naughty word. I've redirected it to the general chapter page instead.
    (and renamed a couple of future chapters to avoid recurrence... :D)

Glad you're enjoying it!
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    One thing I noticed - if you click on your forum link for chapter 2, the link leads you to an error that says the blog page doesn't exist.

Ah, yes thanks for pointing that out. I think because the link contains a naughty word. I've redirected it to the general chapter page instead.

Glad you're enjoying it!

I don't know if this is an option on Blogger, but Wordpress lets you change the post url to something else without renaming the chapter, if that's any use.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @SnuffyBucket

Chapter 8
    Say whaat, has she managed to turn Melinda? She must have read a lot of those vampire lore books if she managed to do that on line day 1 of being a vampire herself. Or maybe becoming a vampire is much easier in your universe. But gosh, April, this is not a sustainable approach to feeding, doesn't making a vampire drain more energy than it gives you? 😆 I can see why she'd want a vampire friend to share her path with, though she could have considered asking lol! Anywho, I hope Melinda enjoyed sitting in the sun.

I wonder if they'll also try to turn Faith. If their friendship is this complicated and turbulent with them as mortals, just imagine what centuries together would do. Oh boy.

Why have I started writing this story. I'm, like, the worst at keeping secrets. You guys are torturing me with your speculation.

Almost Eternal
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Glad you're enjoying it!

I don't know if this is an option on Blogger, but Wordpress lets you change the post url to something else without renaming the chapter, if that's any use.

I will probably move over to wordpress at some point, I just need to restock my beer first.
    Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback, thank you. I've read your prologue and I enjoyed it; I have you flagged for a binge read next time I have a bath. And then you'll probably have to endure more nonsensical comments on your blog, lucky you. :D

You know, I actually don't mind so much if my audience is small, this is the first story to leave my head after all, it's already far surpassing the audience of the others. But l will take your advice about posting around if only to 'meet' other writer people and find stories.

Pictures look much better on my wordpress blog. In fact it all looks better, but it took me 4 hours just to put my prologue on there and by the time I got to chapter 01 I was so bored that I went and had a beer instead.

Anyway, thanks again. :smile:

I didn't realise my story was bath material. :smirk::tongue:

When your wordpress blog is ready do announce. I'd switch over to following you on WP.

Cheeers! 🍻
    @mercuryfoam
    Bath time is sacred time, this is a high compliment!
    Also https://snuffybucket.wordpress.com/ long day. Veeeeery beered.

@DeafSimmer
    Thanks! It gets worse :D

Almost Eternal
    Ooh yay, welcome to the dark side, or something!

Also, the 'what people say' section is hilarious 😂

@ThePlumbob
    Woo! Party on the dark side!

I know right. Who needs enemies ay? ;)
    Almost Eternal
    It's the moment none of you have been waiting for:
    Chapter 09 - Midnight Snack
    Almost Eternal

@DeafSimmer
    This is certainly a possibility
    Almost Eternal
    It's the moment none of you have been waiting for:
    Chapter 09 - Midnight Snack

Lol I'm loving your humor but I just have to ask.
    Is self-deprecating humor part of your culture or smth? It's an indicator of high EQ and popular among comedians so its a good thing, but I just have to ask.
    @mercuryfoam
    Us Brits do tend to be quite self-deprecating, yes.

But yeah... I'm so hard on myself. I mean I love myself but also I'm such a mess :D
    Almost Eternal
    @mercuryfoam
    Us Brits do tend to be quite self-deprecating, yes.

But yeah... I'm so hard on myself. I mean I love myself but also I'm such a mess :D

Ahhh Brit humor okay.
    You do it very tastefully with showmanship, so I'll definitely come over to your show if you ever decide to do a comedy routine, but I'll also drag you to a counsellor after because I'm not used to it. You can use that in your next skit of course. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm having fun reading your story. And as long as you're feeling good about your own work its all that matters. :smile:

@mercuryfoam
    'Tastefully with showmanship' that's new, I'll get that tattooed on me somewhere.

Drag me to a counsellor though... heard that one before. 😆

Almost Eternal
    Melinda sounds like a totally great person. Me likey. I think I found a favorite character. <3
    Ok, the intrigue is amping up for sure! Every update seems to pose more questions than answers :D

@DeafSimmer
    She sees what she wants to see, for sure

@mercuryfoam
    Glad you like her!
    I'll ask you again in a few weeks. 😉

@ThePlumbob
    Do they now... Mind the gap.
    Almost Eternal
    Ooh I'm liking your new siggy banner, so pretty! Their faces though :D Priceless!
    edited July 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    It's thanks to mercuryfoam
    This was my attempt:
    BANNER.png
    Post edited by SnuffyBucket on
    Almost Eternal
    @ThePlumbob
    It's thanks to @mercuryfoam
    This was my attempt:
    BANNER.png

If you ever make a comic though, I'd totally read it.