Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the patch today 7/8/20 fix the stealing EVERYTHING issue?

Hi!
Has anyone tried playing after installing the new patch that was released today? Are sims still stealing everything from lots? I want to know if I can delete the mod I have to (kinda) fix the theft problem Eco life created.. It wasn't addressed in the bugs or fixes in the patch description.
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    They said it was a small one on top of not mentioning, so I am fairly certain they did not. Then again, I was not really having that problem anyway to tell you.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Nope. The patch did not fix any of the NAP issues.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think it was not meant as an EL patch. They probably gather anything EL for a later patch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    Well I don't think it did I steal have one some steal and now the other sins sorted it so it definitely needs fixing
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Did the patch today fix the STEALING EVERYTHING ISSUE??
    It again doesn't say in the patch notes.
    Nothing about sims stealing is addressed. Does anyone know, before I get rid of the mod I have that helped the issue...
    giphy.gif

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Did the patch today fix the STEALING EVERYTHING ISSUE??
    It again doesn't say in the patch notes.
    Nothing about sims stealing is addressed. Does anyone know, before I get rid of the mod I have that helped the issue...

They fixed the issue where NAPS from all neighbourhoods apply to all NPC's so the stealing should be less. They didn't stop them from stealing things like the actual bars and fireplaces and things our playable sims can't take though, I don't think. I've not felt like trying just in case... I'll try it again when I'm in the mood to rebuild a venue, just in case. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I know it's probably not relating to N.A.Ps but I have a klepto sim and she is autonomously stealing everything including things that are required for certain lot types. exp DJ booths and the guitar from Orchid a go go. I've not played with a klepto before but have been after the patch yesterday, so I am not sure if that is as intended.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @simm621 I played a klepto most recently a few days ago. They autonomously only steal while at work or school. The things you can instruct them to steal are limited. Does your sim have the recycler trait? That causes them to swipe and recycle things if you haven't had them recycle recently. An easy way to be sure if it is a bug due to klepto is to check your inventory/house inventory to see if the items are appearing there. If not, it's not the klepto trait that is the issue.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    No, my sim doesn't have the recycler trait nor is the sharing is caring NAP active. Sims are still stealing everything from community lots and residential lots, including sinks, cabinets, counter tops, beds, paintings, lamps... EVERYTHING!!!
    This bug makes community lost incomplete and strips the custom restaurants (I've spent days designing and decorating) and retail lots bare to the walls. To make matters worse the stolen items do not even appear in any of the sims inventories after they swipe them, the item just disappears. The masterpiece a sim painted and hung in her home is not forever gone.
    This patch hasn't seemed to have fixed my hugest issue with the game since I installed Eco Living. Im very upset.
    giphy.gif

• ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Got Eco Lifestyle in a bundle during the sale and got this bug :'( hope it's fixed soon as I've locked my doors to keep sims from stealing my poor sim's dining table 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited July 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    @simm621 I played a klepto most recently a few days ago. They autonomously only steal while at work or school. The things you can instruct them to steal are limited. Does your sim have the recycler trait? That causes them to swipe and recycle things if you haven't had them recycle recently. An easy way to be sure if it is a bug due to klepto is to check your inventory/house inventory to see if the items are appearing there. If not, it's not the klepto trait that is the issue.

No she doesn't have the recycler trait. I didn't want to give her that because I heard they kept stealing their own stuff.
    She will attempt to steal something completely on her own wherever I take her, not just from work or school. She has taken at least 4 bar stools, the tv and the guitar from Orchid a go go. The organ from the Vatore's, a tv from the Caliente's and a bunch of pictures from various places. She's taken 2 dj booths from the narwhal. I have to keep replacing everything because it makes the venue incomplete and everything she takes appears in the inventory, I made a fortune from it all at least lol.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder