Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is The Love

13...Next

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Too much inspiration by present society. Relationships are shallow, having the fear of missing out, making out on slightest chance of getting attention from some cute or wealthy shell, if the shoe fits or not... just tinder is missing.

I'm kidding.

I know you're kidding. But this seems rather accurate. :#

I thought about adding "or am i?" but decided to abstain from it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's just a rather good comparison on the missing wholesomeness. A thought just popped up: The game is trying to include everyone on a very basic level, but somehow missing out on people with difficult family ties or any other kind of bad relationship who could profit mentally from a game that visually promotes healthy, caring, mindful and deep relationships. Romantic or otherwise.

I agree. Relationships are not only too basic, they simply don't exist.
    I can see something isn't quite right when a sim mourns their Nemesis' death for 3 days. Unless they're sad because they have no else left to fight with. But still, why would one be blubbering about that all day?
    I've tried to create a family where members have a very tense relationship with each other, but it's impossible. The moment I turn my back they're all hugging each other and playing horseshoes in the back yard. Happy days. All my mean social interactions for nothing. It's all just solved in the blink of an eye.
    Relationships should be based on a sim's history of conflict. That also includes romantic relationships and specific interactions that go with that relationship. Maybe a sims doesn't like slowdancing (yes there should be slowdancing) but prefers.....playing horseshoes with their love interest. It gets them flirty and all the other stuff that follows. I believe there should be a system in place that manages attraction, preferences and memories.

Yes!!! Maintaining bad relationships is hard hard work. Having 10 friends is easier than having 1 enemy.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Too much inspiration by present society. Relationships are shallow, having the fear of missing out, making out on slightest chance of getting attention from some cute or wealthy shell, if the shoe fits or not... just tinder is missing.

I'm kidding.

It's just a rather good comparison on the missing wholesomeness. A thought just popped up: The game is trying to include everyone on a very basic level, but somehow missing out on people with difficult family ties or any other kind of bad relationship who could profit mentally from a game that visually promotes healthy, caring, mindful and deep relationships. Romantic or otherwise.

I can see something isn't quite right when a sim mourns their Nemesis' death for 3 days. Unless they're sad because they have no else left to fight with. But still, why would one be blubbering about that all day?
    I've tried to create a family where members have a very tense relationship with each other, but it's impossible. The moment I turn my back they're all hugging each other and playing horseshoes in the back yard. Happy days. All my mean social interactions for nothing. It's all just solved in the blink of an eye.
    Relationships should be based on a sim's history of conflict. That also includes romantic relationships and specific interactions that go with that relationship. Maybe a sims doesn't like slowdancing (yes there should be slowdancing) but prefers.....playing horseshoes with their love interest. It gets them flirty and all the other stuff that follows. I believe there should be a system in place that manages attraction, preferences and memories.

Yes!!! Maintaining bad relationships is hard hard work. Having 10 friends is easier than having 1 enemy.

Honestly if you declare and enemy all friendship interactions should stop being done autonomously. Like sure sims can hate each other and make amends but once you declare enemy clearly friendship was never an option.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I'm kidding.

Honestly if you declare and enemy all friendship interactions should stop being done autonomously. Like sure sims can hate each other and make amends but once you declare enemy clearly friendship was never an option.

Well, if you spot your old nemesis out in the park it must be a perfect opportunity for a pleasant conversation!
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Yep, All of the romance is definitely missing from the sims now. Sure sims can go on dates, but it's been the same format since the game was released in 2014! Why can't my sims slow dance?? How much work would it be to add a honeymoon option after a wedding? I mean a sims husband dies and she only cares for 2 sim days.. &there's no family tree or memories so it's like he never existed.
    I really hope they focus on a pack geared toward love, dating& marriage. Hot date was amazing, so was Nightlife! Instead of a useless knitting pack... I would have loved a Love themed GP.
    You are so right. A romance overhaul is long overdue. What is the use of a vacation pack that is being rumored about if there is no romance in the relationship. It would be an empty week in the Alps, you go your way, I'll go mine.

I'm kidding.

I'm kidding.

Yes, yes and yes.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want slow dancing, sims facing each other dancing, and bed cuddles the most. It would fill a large hole in the romance department for me. I'd also like to see more passion and less funny interactions. I'm not talking about hiking the ratings for them... just give us some options that don't mean you have to dance after accepting a woohoo proposal. Maybe a passionate kiss that doesn't deep dip. Although the Sims 2 couch makeout was pretty funny it was also almost blushable, not sure they would do it but would love it if they did. I think they did good with things like the woohoo in the hot tub and many other things. I just want more.

I honestly wish they didn't make everything so goofy. I agree it shouldn't be anything to hike up ratings of course but I would just to like to see more serious neutral interactions. I play sims 3 so I know sims have always been a bit goofy but I think they went too far in 4. Everything from cooking to kissing is a bit too silly for my taste.
    I cannot take anything in my sims life seriously 😂😂

Also I would live to see more shy first kiss type of interactions. I feel like all of these options are too flirty and intense for getting to know eachother. Even the flirting looks goofy btw lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I'm kidding.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Does anyone else feel the way I do, that the sensuality and courtship techniques experienced in past series are missing in Sims 4?
    Do you remember the dates in past iterations, with slow dancing, caressing, make outs on the couch and in the bed? Where did it all go? Why am I not feeling the romance in Sims 4. I also remember the rose giving and the bouquet that was awarded when a date went well. Do you also remember the date at a restaurant with playing footsies under the table and holding hands and cooing at each other over the meal and then having the option to invite the date over your house for a stay over. Do you remember the honeymoon after the wedding? Do you remember the little film clip that played when first making love and film clip that played when making love in the hot tub. There has got to be more to love than what we are currently getting in Sims 4. I know that I am a hopeless romantic and that I love to create romantic scenarios but in the years since Sims 4, I am becoming a bitter, love-starved, pathetic gamer. My focus is all about money lately, running businesses that lately have been failing miserably due to, well, eco impacts. Customers are focused on brawling in my restaurants and never pay for meals. I want something else to focus on and that is namely, the romantic relationship. Let me know how you feel because I feel all alone right now and need some validation.

Yes now we sadly have to download mods for more romance.
    Theres a lot of sweet romantic gestures missing, but hey, at least you can have sex in a dumpster now.

And woohoo in the shower.
    edited July 2020
    amp107 wrote: »
    I think about this a lot! I, too, really miss slow dancing especially. If it was possible in The Sims there's no reason it shouldn't be available in TS4. Weddings now are pretty lame without slow dancing.

Exactly sense it's available as a mod from Sacrificial and he did a good job on the slowdance too.
    logion wrote: »
    I don't think they have added any romantic interactions since the game released in 2014... Making romantic animations, well except from woohoo does not really seem to be in their interest.

Yes they did. They added kiss in Water for sim in pools and oceans. Its locked to Island Living
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    What I dislike most is starting a new couple, already married, and still having to raise their romantic relationship. Say what?
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    I wish we could make boy/girlfriends in cas.
    logion wrote: »
    I don't think they have added any romantic interactions since the game released in 2014... Making romantic animations, well except from woohoo does not really seem to be in their interest.

Yes they did. They added kiss in Water for sim in pools and oceans. Its locked to Island Living

thanks, I didn't realize that
    amp107 wrote: »
    I think about this a lot! I, too, really miss slow dancing especially. If it was possible in The Sims there's no reason it shouldn't be available in TS4. Weddings now are pretty lame without slow dancing.

Exactly sense it's available as a mod from Sacrificial and he did a good job on the slowdance too.

I need to check out that mod
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want slow dancing, sims facing each other dancing, and bed cuddles the most. It would fill a large hole in the romance department for me. I'd also like to see more passion and less funny interactions. I'm not talking about hiking the ratings for them... just give us some options that don't mean you have to dance after accepting a woohoo proposal. Maybe a passionate kiss that doesn't deep dip. Although the Sims 2 couch makeout was pretty funny it was also almost blushable, not sure they would do it but would love it if they did. I think they did good with things like the woohoo in the hot tub and many other things. I just want more.

I honestly wish they didn't make everything so goofy. I agree it shouldn't be anything to hike up ratings of course but I would just to like to see more serious neutral interactions. I play sims 3 so I know sims have always been a bit goofy but I think they went too far in 4. Everything from cooking to kissing is a bit too silly for my taste.
    I cannot take anything in my sims life seriously 😂😂

Also I would live to see more shy first kiss type of interactions. I feel like all of these options are too flirty and intense for getting to know eachother. Even the flirting looks goofy btw lol.

You hit the nail on the head. I am sort of turned off by the goofy cooking stuff, like beating a pan to death when cooking scrambled eggs and a passionate kiss is so overdone with the excessive dip. I would appreciate a little realism in the love making department.