Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is The Love

Comments

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    I think about this a lot! I, too, really miss slow dancing especially. If it was possible in The Sims there's no reason it shouldn't be available in TS4. Weddings now are pretty lame without slow dancing.

No slow dancing is a missed opportunity. Our sims can dance the sim rumba but cannot do a slow dance, ridiculous
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    lol I am sorry! I am already laughing. No need for advanced romance techniques in The Sims 4. I'm joking!

Let's get real though. I am tired of the infidelity even with MCCC keep marriages intact on. I create what I think would be a perfect couple with the Soulmate aspiration. Romantic, family orientated and outgoing and before I even get them settled into there new virtual lives one of my Sims is running off to woohoo with an NPC that walked by. I can't cope. Now my Sim has a higher romance level with a townie then their spouse. The spouse is angry for 24 hours. Fix it!

Okay, Different save. I land a single Sim into the game with the romantic, outgoing and whatever other trait I picked. It does not matter. I done it several times. If the Sim has Serial Romantic aspiration and it takes so much longer to fall into love when I am controlling the Sim and the interactions. I can't cope! It's hard!
    I do it because I chose it. It's a challenge. I must be nuts!

The whole romance system needs to be overhauled. It's too extreme. Falling in love (romance) is either very fast or takes forever. There is no in between.

I have to watch my married Sims like a hawk to keep them from straying. I can forget about playing in a rotation because infidelity ruins the game for me.

Yeah, I could turn off free will but I might as well go play a zombie game because that's what I think the Sims act like with free will off.

Been saying it for almost 6 years. The game needs to be fixed before adding more content but they can't fix it because the problems may lie within the core game mechanics. They may not be able to add somethings to the game because of this. We can still want it all though. The gurus themselves don't know either until they try it. This takes money and a ton of justification to convince bigwigs to spend the money on new things let alone fix what is broken.

Anyway, I would love to see slow dancing and more advanced romance techniques in the game even if they don't fix infidelity.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    lol I am sorry! I am already laughing. No need for advanced romance techniques in The Sims 4. I'm joking!

Let's get real though. I am tired of the infidelity even with MCCC keep marriages intact on. I create what I think would be a perfect couple with the Soulmate aspiration. Romantic, family orientated and outgoing and before I even get them settled into there new virtual lives one of my Sims is running off to woohoo with an NPC that walked by. I can't cope. Now my Sim has a higher romance level with a townie then their spouse. The spouse is angry for 24 hours. Fix it!

Okay, Different save. I land a single Sim into the game with the romantic, outgoing and whatever other trait I picked. It does not matter. I done it several times. If the Sim has Serial Romantic aspiration and it takes so much longer to fall into love when I am controlling the Sim and the interactions. I can't cope! It's hard!

The whole romance system needs to be overhauled. It's too extreme. Falling in love (romance) is either very fast or takes forever. There is no in between.

I have to watch my married Sims like a hawk to keep them from straying. I can forget about playing in a rotation because infidelity ruins the game for me.

Yeah, I could turn off free will but I might as well go play a zombie game because that's what I think the Sims act like with free will off.

Been saying it for almost 6 years. The game needs to be fixed before adding more content but they can't fix it because the problems may lie within the core game mechanics. They may not be able to add somethings to the game because of this. We can still want it all though. The gurus themselves don't know either until they try it. This takes money and a ton of justification to convince bigwigs to spend the money on new things let alone fix what is broken.

Anyway, I would love to see slow dancing and more advanced romance techniques in the game even if they don't fix infidelity.

LOl, thanks for the laughs. lol still laughing.....that is really funny,.,,,Get this, I have been sticking some single female sims in my game with the plan of finding male husbands for them but before I get a chance to single out some prospects and get things rolling, they are autonomously
    flirting and even making out with same sex partners,...lol....what gives.... that was not part of my plan....lol and why are they all doing it....does the Sims 4 game engine know something that I don't know, that they are gay for some reason...lol
    Oh the good old days. When they say you never can return home they where not joking. After Eco Living it's clear the Sims are a cash cow with no thought to content or testing. We now wait weeks for a patch that wouldn't be needed if proper testing was done. My Sims enjoy making candles but growing soy wax is nearly impossible so they got to spend more money to buy the wax they could have grown for nothing.

lol, that is painful as so many bugs are
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Yes, I think those little touches are missing in romance. Actually, it kind of hit me today as my sims are on vacation that a lot of those little touches are missing. I found myself remembering how, in TS2, my sims would wait for the shuttle to pick them up and leave with their suitcase (didn't they have a suitcase???). It actually felt like they were going somewhere as opposed to just "appearing" somewhere else in TS4 (kind of like the firefighters had an actual fire truck in TS2 and just "appear" in TS4).

Eh, it is what it is. I'm glad I at least enjoy more about TS4 than I feel is missing -- it's just, if TS4 had those "little touches" it'd be THAT much better imo.
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Yes, I think those little touches are missing in romance. Actually, it kind of hit me today as my sims are on vacation that a lot of those little touches are missing. I found myself remembering how, in TS2, my sims would wait for the shuttle to pick them up and leave with their suitcase (didn't they have a suitcase???). It actually felt like they were going somewhere as opposed to just "appearing" somewhere else in TS4 (kind of like the firefighters had an actual fire truck in TS2 and just "appear" in TS4).

Eh, it is what it is. I'm glad I at least enjoy more about TS4 than I feel is missing -- it's just, if TS4 had those "little touches" it'd be THAT much better imo.

Totally agree.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I fully agree, we are in desperate need for deeper romance and some additional interactions. They might as well scrap woohoo altogether and make a stork bring babies, it's that chaste compared to previous games. :s

I miss all of those finer details that everyone has mentioned. Real flirting like "goose", the cuddling on beds, slow dancing with the "lower hands" interaction that could be accepted or denied, making out on sofas... and yes, I miss those Sims 2 cinematics as well. I'm dying for some chemistry and personal preferences and dislikes, even gender preferences. But gender is such a weirdly treated thing in the game because of being too self-conscious about offending someone that we don't even have male/female club options. I'd at least make some singles clubs if I could have them choose sexual preferences, but I guess if they can't include all PC genders, then nobody gets any. I'll probably have to go seek a mod for it because the romance department in TS4 is practically absent.
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want slow dancing, sims facing each other dancing, and bed cuddles the most. It would fill a large hole in the romance department for me. I'd also like to see more passion and less funny interactions. I'm not talking about hiking the ratings for them... just give us some options that don't mean you have to dance after accepting a woohoo proposal. Maybe a passionate kiss that doesn't deep dip. Although the Sims 2 couch makeout was pretty funny it was also almost blushable, not sure they would do it but would love it if they did. I think they did good with things like the woohoo in the hot tub and many other things. I just want more.
    egTcBMc.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I hate the fact that building up romantic relationships is so grindy. What happened with love at first sight?
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Too much inspiration by present society. Relationships are shallow, having the fear of missing out, making out on slightest chance of getting attention from some cute or wealthy shell, if the shoe fits or not... just tinder is missing.

I'm kidding. But the whole system needs to be overhauled big time, bringing back more intimacy and closeness to the sim-couples, which was in the previous iterations of the sims. Everything is so sterile.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes but weren’t the TS4 Sims advertised as ‘Smart’ Sims?

It obviously didn’t mean they are ‘Passionate’ Sims...

They are smart enough to know how to woohoo but they absolutely don’t care with who(who) because they don’t fall in love.
    They just kinda fall from one emotion into another, but that’s because they’re really really smart. Somehow.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Since the patch on phonecalls things are even less romantic. I played a young adult at uni who had several pink relationships and over 10 in game weeks got 1 date phonecall and 0 invites to festivals and city living concerts. However the nuisance phonecalls eg. My cat congratulating me on becoming friends with my father and stupid job offers have increased exponentially! Almost every in game hour I get a job offer. No thanks. I want dates and social interactions. The blinddate system is broken too. You get the phonecall offering to set you up but never get the blinddate call. What is a single sim to do?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    You are not alone. Out of all of them, the one I miss the most is slow dancing. Also, the fist kiss in TS2 was the cutest thing ever!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just dislike how sims 4 seems more childish especially when dancing on their own. I would like for us to get more romance options. I especially misss that bear rug we were able to lay on in the sims!
  • SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member

amp107 wrote: »
    I think about this a lot! I, too, really miss slow dancing especially. If it was possible in The Sims there's no reason it shouldn't be available in TS4. Weddings now are pretty lame without slow dancing.

No slow dancing is a missed opportunity. Our sims can dance the sim rumba but cannot do a slow dance, ridiculous

Right?! What a joke!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited July 2020
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

15c1b878114497a8c87c4ead4e414a512eb39d3f.png

7b909d4275d4fea2a3bece5281d16b64466213e6.png

Hmm... this sounds so odd to me. I have never seen this in my game. How is the chemistry between the two sims? I have had sims that just didn’t click with anybody. I have also had couples with great chemistry.

My current main sim and her boyfriend have social ++ and romance <3 ++ for every social and romantic interaction. I usually wait with getting a partner until I found one that they worked well with.

How does social interactions and romantic interactions look for your sims? Do you get any <3++ for romance?

Just find it a bit puzzling, when I found a good sim they usually stick real close.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yep, All of the romance is definitely missing from the sims now. Sure sims can go on dates, but it's been the same format since the game was released in 2014! Why can't my sims slow dance?? How much work would it be to add a honeymoon option after a wedding? I mean a sims husband dies and she only cares for 2 sim days.. &there's no family tree or memories so it's like he never existed.
    I really hope they focus on a pack geared toward love, dating& marriage. Hot date was amazing, so was Nightlife! Instead of a useless knitting pack... I would have loved a Love themed GP.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yep, All of the romance is definitely missing from the sims now. Sure sims can go on dates, but it's been the same format since the game was released in 2014! Why can't my sims slow dance?? How much work would it be to add a honeymoon option after a wedding? I mean a sims husband dies and she only cares for 2 sim days.. &there's no family tree or memories so it's like he never existed.
    I really hope they focus on a pack geared toward love, dating& marriage. Hot date was amazing, so was Nightlife! Instead of a useless knitting pack... I would have loved a Love themed GP.

Yeah... death is not dealt with in a good way. Wish there was more to losing the love of your love. That it meant more in gameplay.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Listen guys. The player made challenges were not even about competing with each other!
    Everybody could choose one and do it at their own pace, in their own time.
    I don't understand how challenges will work as a way to compete with other players.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    I feel the same way. I remember when my couple sims would randomly kiss each other on the cheek at times. I loved that! To me, that was honestly the ONE thing that made the relationship feel the least bit romantic. Now after the patch before ROM, I noticed that this doesn't even happen anymore. Now, only when my sims become flirty they'll do the interaction, and honestly? My sims don't become flirty often. Now it just feels like my sims aren't even in a romantic relationship aside from flirting and whatnot. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, or if it's just my game or mods messing with it, but I sure do miss that small detail.
    IMG-6587.gif
    Too much inspiration by present society. Relationships are shallow, having the fear of missing out, making out on slightest chance of getting attention from some cute or wealthy shell, if the shoe fits or not... just tinder is missing.

I'm kidding.

I know you're kidding. But this seems rather accurate. :#
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member

I'm kidding.

I thought about adding "or am i?" but decided to abstain from it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's just a rather good comparison on the missing wholesomeness. A thought just popped up: The game is trying to include everyone on a very basic level, but somehow missing out on people with difficult family ties or any other kind of bad relationship who could profit mentally from a game that visually promotes healthy, caring, mindful and deep relationships. Romantic or otherwise.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I thought when they brought out closet woohoo that they had decided to ramp things up a little. It was a taste of what had been before, a little fun and spice with a great animation. Then they went and ruined it by re-using that great animation for the shower woohoo and making a total pigs ear of it.

And there does not seem to have been anything great since.

I hope we do get couples dancing, soul mates and all the rest of it - maybe they will one day make a romance game pack with all this stuff in and an overhaul of weddings with honeymoons added.

I'm kidding.

I thought about adding "or am i?" but decided to abstain from it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's just a rather good comparison on the missing wholesomeness. A thought just popped up: The game is trying to include everyone on a very basic level, but somehow missing out on people with difficult family ties or any other kind of bad relationship who could profit mentally from a game that visually promotes healthy, caring, mindful and deep relationships. Romantic or otherwise.

I agree. Relationships are not only too basic, they simply don't exist.
    I can see something isn't quite right when a sim mourns their Nemesis' death for 3 days. Unless they're sad because they have no else left to fight with. But still, why would one be blubbering about that all day?
    I've tried to create a family where members have a very tense relationship with each other, but it's impossible. The moment I turn my back they're all hugging each other and playing horseshoes in the back yard. Happy days. All my mean social interactions for nothing. It's all just solved in the blink of an eye.
    Relationships should be based on a sim's history of conflict. That also includes romantic relationships and specific interactions that go with that relationship. Maybe a sims doesn't like slowdancing (yes there should be slowdancing) but prefers.....playing horseshoes with their love interest. It gets them flirty and all the other stuff that follows. I believe there should be a system in place that manages attraction, preferences and memories.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »
    I'm afraid this is because they make Sims 4 more childlish.

But on the other hand there are also "normal romantic" animations missing.
    For example, I don't understand why sims don't even cuddle in bed.

I also wish we would have an underwear category like in Sims 2.

I recently saw they have a commercial for TS4 on Cartoon Network. :cold_sweat:
    Lu4ERme.gif