Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    The main problem of this show is ... American show for Americans.

I mean the rest of the world is excluded and will never watch this show.

Yes, but ... how many Americans even have cable anymore??? We're lucky if we have health insurance and a budget that lets us decide if we want cable or something else. :( Netflix would be the *cool* thing, but I'd never watch this. This is cringe. (To be fair, I dislike reality TV for the most part.) This has already jumped the shark and I kind of can't believe it's happening.

Otherwise, you'd be right except I don't know how many Americans this is really for. Maybe it really should be on streaming instead because this is related to a global product, but I have serious doubts that anyone's going to get upset over missing this. o:)

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

When I fold laundry or do the dishes I like having something light in the background. It can be a cooking show or something. If I had American TV I would have in the background just for fun.

I am more excited about the Gallery-changes but this could be interesting.

For me it is not a problem if you enjoy my game in different ways.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This has to be the worse idea yet
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wish people would boycott this but I know the loyalists will watch. The 100k could have been a cool free patch in my opinion or some serious bug fixes.

The whole game changers being involved is just crazy to me. Let’s give game changers even more money. We are giving them the games for free and now we can give them 100k too. Adding average Joe’s with those who have a million subs is ridiculous. People will go with their person making it more of a popularity contest I’m sure.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's a ridiculous idea, it's cringe, it makes me feel strange... it makes me feel that maybe this is it for me... i will try to make my game the more complete i can, being it with official adds or mods, im gonna enjoy my game in the quietness of my home (offline) and im not moving on to sims 5... this is the opposite aproach that i've had for this game for 20 years... it shows that EA won't be able to do better. It's a massive disappointment.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I'm really upset at the direction The Sims is heading. I miss when it was for the weirdos, when it was about escapism. Now that they're trying to make it about "social interaction and competition" I feel alienated. Like oh god another trendy thing that's trying to be cool on social media. Sims used to be my escapist place to make my perfect world. Now I feel like it's about being famous and cool and trendy and rich... yawn. I don't know I know that's a dumb thing to feel probably, but this whole thing is stressing me out and making me sad. Doesn't matter though.

I have the exact same thoughts. It's really sad to see
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm pretty sure this is done to reach out to a specific group of simmers. They don't expect us all to applaud it. I'm not even watching game changer vids, so I don't expect to spend time on this either. Because I can't find enough time to play my game, and that is where I want to focus. I'm hoping this new reality thing will be a success, though, as there are probably lots of simmers that will enjoy it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd personally rather see them use their ad money for this than paying some celebrity I don't know who's turned the game on once endorse it. :/ At least this is on specific dates, times and channels so you really can avoid it if you really don't want to see it, unlike other ads that you can't click past.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Yea I think I'm going to pass on this one, I also can't help but feel like EA/Maxis' resources could have been better used for us Sims players instead of a random reality series.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I've always felt like EA tries to shape how gamers play their games--in ways that make them more money.
    This feels like we are being groomed to play more competitively considering what CEO Andrew Wilson had to say about The Sims and social interaction and competition.
    The Sims 5 may have just gotten its first solid details, and they point back to an unexpected spot in Sims history for future inspiration. During a recent conference call with investors, EA CEO Andrew Wilson was asked directly about the potential for launching an online-focused Sims title, as spotted by fansite Sims Community.

In the leadup to answering the question, Wilson pointed out that The Sims franchise is nearing its 20th anniversary. In that time the Sims has typically focused on fulfilling several of the needs that EA seeks to meet for players, but not as much on "social interaction and competition". That will likely change with the next entry to the series.

My sims nightmare is a game where simple DLC and gamer social interaction and competition replaces sophisticated AI and deep game play in order to make a game that is cheap to make. "My doll house is better than your doll house."
    I hope Paradox is working a Sims type game because if this is the future of the sims, I will drop it like a hot potato.

That............. makes a hell of a lot of sense.
    Yikes, I think you may be onto something there.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

That's actually a good thing don't you think? Now I'm actually glad that I'm stuck overseas, lol!

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    It would be funny if they have a retro day. Have them try to make something with the sims 3 game.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    And this is what the sims mobile posted soon after the TV Show Announcement.

I am at a loss for words.
    edited July 2020
    logion wrote: »

This could maybe mean that we will see them in the Sims 4 sooner than we think. But I won't get my hopes up
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

This could maybe mean that we will see them in the Sims 4 sooner than we think. But I won't get my hopes up

We don't do that here. Have a TV Show instead.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    are u kidding me 100k for the winner without counting the budget used to prepare the contest, okay maxis u definitely ran out of excuses to explain why are the sims 4 so lame

c'mon ea check your priorities

Exactly, this is showing on NATIONAL TV on TBS, a popular station. How much do you think it costs to air this?

Millions. One ad can cost millions. (Super Bowl) another 10-30 second spot can cost over $100,000. Think how much a thirty minute spot can cost per episode. Just for the air time. Then you need advertisers money to help pay for those spots. Advertisers pay a show (sponsor) to advertise during that show. It's why you see like fifteen ads per five minute time of show these days. It's very expensive. I guess that billion TS4 made is being well spent. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2020

Yes, but ... how many Americans even have cable anymore??? We're lucky if we have health insurance and a budget that lets us decide if we want cable or something else. :( Netflix would be the *cool* thing, but I'd never watch this. This is cringe. (To be fair, I dislike reality TV for the most part.) This has already jumped the shark and I kind of can't believe it's happening.

Otherwise, you'd be right except I don't know how many Americans this is really for. Maybe it really should be on streaming instead because this is related to a global product, but I have serious doubts that anyone's going to get upset over missing this. o:)

A lot of rural America pays cable because of lack of wifi and or internet speeds. But most cable companies these days have moved on to digital so people need internet to even watch cable. TBS is offered on many channels or apps on Roku, Amazon Fire stick, etc. etc. It's a popular channel so I guess more people will actually see this than they would say on having to pay separately for NetFlix. There are several companies that offer channel packages, too, Hulu, DirectTV, Sling, YoutubeLive, etc at cheaper prices Sling being the cheapest for the most channels. But people can get TBS many ways.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I'm really upset at the direction The Sims is heading. I miss when it was for the weirdos, when it was about escapism. Now that they're trying to make it about "social interaction and competition" I feel alienated. Like oh god another trendy thing that's trying to be cool on social media. Sims used to be my escapist place to make my perfect world. Now I feel like it's about being famous and cool and trendy and rich... yawn. I don't know I know that's a dumb thing to feel probably, but this whole thing is stressing me out and making me sad. Doesn't matter though.

No, it’s not a dumb thing to feel at all, but try let yourself not get too upset about it. You can still play the game the way that’s right for you without feeling the need to watch or participate in these competitions. The sims can still be your place of escapism.

That social media popularity game is just another aspect of the game play. It’s today’s way, which in general feels forced and unnecessary. Reality Tv shows and Game Changers have absolutely nothing to do with me and many other simmers. It would be sad to think these competitions are masking the poor quality or lack of gameplay that some of us may experience.
    But if you’re happy with the game, it shouldn’t make any difference. You can choose to ignore the whole charade and concentrate on what feels best for your personal gameplay. It can still be for the weirdos amongst us. ;)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2020
    @logion wrote: »

Mid Century Modern? My a-r-s-e. This particular bunk bed goes exactly with the Tiny Living aesthetics...
    I would NOT appreciate to see this as part of a future TS4 pack.
    The animations are there. It should come as a free update, at least for those who already invested in Tiny Living.

But really at this point everybody deserves a bleedin’ bunk bed.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

You have got to be kidding me!
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member

You have got to be kidding me!

Seems TSM is top priority.

Mid Century Modern? My a-r-s-e. This particular bunk bed goes exactly with the Tiny Living aesthetics...
    The animations are there. It should come as a free update, at least for those who already invested in Tiny Living.

Yeah, $100,000 could have paid for a lot of that needed animation.
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yeah, $100,000 could have paid for a lot of that needed animation.

Does anyone know if the Sims Mobile and The Sims 4 share character rigging or animations? Or are the characters built in a completely different way? I was wondering since Knox from EL apparently also shows up in TS Mobile. If the animations from mobile are sometimes translated to TS4 and vice versa, it could mean that they are at least working on bunk beds for the desktop version.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    I seriously cannot. They can't do anything we asked for in the game due to time and money constraints, they say. And this is what they've been spending their time and money on.

I couldn't even read the whole announcement about it. That's how absolutley uninterested I am.