Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Poor Sims4. I wonder if it is as tired as we are it is being treated more as an experiment than a real game. If only it could talk. Oh wait, it does speak.....the way it has been left to wallow in bugs, glitches and gameplay that lacks direction speaks volumes for a franchise that once stood out for being entertaining and fun. But mediocrity needs more than glitter and bright lights before it can rise above the rank of being half as good as what came before. I won't watch this program. I know that for a fact. But I suppose after being confined to our homes, separated from friends and family, while this country faces multiple challenges, there will be plenty of people looking for some new way to keep themselves entertained. I just hope they realize what they see on the screen is not the truth, as is the way of so many other 'reality' shows. So I guess EA is taking the road of less effort in order to entice more new players. Fix the game, you say? Naw, we'll just dress it up and parade it around. That'll bring in thousands more new fans who won't know the truth until it's too late.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Demographics for TBS baby boomer women so not Gen Z: https://today.yougov.com/topics/media/explore/tv_network/TBS
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Demographics for TBS baby boomer women so not Gen Z: https://today.yougov.com/topics/media/explore/tv_network/TBS

The half are women (52%) and the third are baby boomer (35%) (the other thirds are Millennials (30%) and Gen X (28%) ).

But it's nothing compared to

BabyFirstTV : 59% Women, 53% Millennials
    BEIN Sports : 64% Men, 56% Millennials
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Scobre wrote: »

I just think the health of EA Gamechangers and Simmers and Gurus comes first for future seasons. I'm human and care about people's health first over any reality show whether it is this show or any other. The times of filming are changed and we are facing a new normal.

The entertainment industry will slowly continue productions under the ‘new normal’. Filming of future seasons could be done safely within a studio environment.

Globally, The TV and Film industry has set up very strict COVID-19 Production Guidelines. Safety Regulations differ from country to country but all ensure that the Health and Safety of crew and cast comes first. This will all be closely monitored of course and is subject to change since no one knows how the virus will behave in the future.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

The half are women (52%) and the third are baby boomer (35%) (the other thirds are Millennials (30%) and Gen X (28%) ).

Baby first tv is a channel gear towards babies , toddlers, and small children.
    edited July 2020

Baby first tv is a channel gear towards babies , toddlers, and small children.

The parents (mostly Women and Millennials) will watch it with their little ones. :)
    Okay let's calm down.If the game changers still social distant.Than they should be fine.
    Yah, every county is different. The city seems to have more issues.Why smaller ones are okay.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Unresponsible isn't a word too, so assuming you are meaning irresponsible? You shouldn't assume what I was thinking especially when using fake words.

Please do not assume that everybody here speaks ‘perfect’ English like Yourself. This is an international forum and there are people with many different backgrounds who may not be able to ‘construct’ a so called ‘perfectly’ English sentence.
    If we care to read carefully we should be able to understand one another without having to point out spelling and grammar mistakes and use them against each other. If the meaning of a post is still unclear we can respectfully ask the poster to clarify.
    @Duvelina was not respectful. They took it as an opportunity to attack me with made up words simply for misunderstanding my intent and words which I pointed out. I did assume English wasn't their first language which is ok. I have learned three other languages myself, so words can be hard to misunderstand. I am a Millennial woman and I know living in America many of our shows on TBS are filmed in Canada including Psyche and I know many Gurus and Game changers do not live there or near each other. My English is far from perfect and full of grammar errors.

This is our covid map right now so yes our country is being irresponsible with social distancing and not following guidelines. Why I want it virtual. Also with BLM movement which is causing an American revolution 2.0 reaction, I am concerned with Simmer and Gurus safety with that too. I do not want what happened with Jacksonville to happen to the Sims community because of someone being a poor sport for not winning.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

I haven't read this whole thread, but you can rest assured Season 1 was prerecorded months and months ago before any virus. Not every little district, hamlet, village, town, city, etc. has virus cases. A blanket response for the whole country is just wrong. And in some of these little towns etc. thousands survived more than died. And bad choices by local leaders can also make things worse by putting sick people back in the rooms with healthy elderly. There is a lot more to this 'virus' than most people know. A TV show doesn't happen over night. I wonder how many even know who the host is, I bet not. Guidelines for this virus are set by local Mayors, so if we have none why should we social distance if we live up in the mountains nowhere near each other? I assume many don't know how diverse the geographical areas are from town to town. There can be a suburb or an urban area twenties miles away from me, and 'me' never see them. It's irresponsible to think all areas on a map are the same. Take this into account 600,000 people die yearly from cancers. 70,000 a month or a year from overdoses. 60,000+ from flu. I can get hit by a bus today or tomorrow. Life is not without risks. Example: A little town I know had five cases, four survived, in all these months....don't judge the whole country by one area.

I meant to add OP, right, I'm not interested in this show at all. I don't care and never have cared who is a faster builder, and or who is the most popular, nor who gets the most votes on FB and Twitter, and or which celeb plays The Sims, so what, I'm one that never watched Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Frozen, Fisher King or whatever or any of the other major hits people were grovelling over, if the crowd is watching it, I'm out, can't stand group think/hive mind.

Why does it have be hive mind? I read the books and genuinely enjoyed Game Of Thrones and Hunger Games so I watched the shows. And enjoyed them. Same for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Your Dark Shadows had a huge following. That didn't stop you from becoming a fan of the show.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Unresponsible isn't a word too, so assuming you are meaning irresponsible? You shouldn't assume what I was thinking especially when using fake words.

Please do not assume that everybody here speaks ‘perfect’ English like Yourself. This is an international forum and there are people with many different backgrounds who may not be able to ‘construct’ a so called ‘perfectly’ English sentence.
    If we care to read carefully we should be able to understand one another without having to point out spelling and grammar mistakes and use them against each other. If the meaning of a post is still unclear we can respectfully ask the poster to clarify.
    @Duvelina was not respectful. They took it as an opportunity to attack me with made up words simply for misunderstanding my intent and words which I pointed out. I did assume English wasn't their first language which is ok. I have learned three other languages myself, so words can be hard to misunderstand. I am a Millennial woman and I know living in America many of our shows on TBS are filmed in Canada including Psyche and I know many Gurus and Game changers do not live there or near each other. My English is far from perfect and full of grammar errors.

This is our covid map right now so yes our country is being irresponsible with social distancing and not following guidelines. Why I want it virtual. Also with BLM movement which is causing an American revolution 2.0 reaction, I am concerned with Simmer and Gurus safety with that too. I do not want what happened with Jacksonville to happen to the Sims community because of someone being a poor sport for not winning.

I haven't read this whole thread, but you can rest assured Season 1 was prerecorded months and months ago before any virus. Not every little district, hamlet, village, town, city, etc. has virus cases. A blanket response for the whole country is just wrong. And in some of these little towns etc. thousands survived more than died. And bad choices by local leaders can also make things worse by putting sick people back in the rooms with healthy elderly. There is a lot more to this 'virus' than most people know. A TV show doesn't happen over night. I wonder how many even know who the host is, I bet not. Guidelines for this virus are set by local Mayors, so if we have none why should we social distance if we live up in the mountains nowhere near each other? I assume many don't know how diverse the geographical areas are from town to town. There can be a suburb or an urban area twenties miles away from me, and 'me' never see them. It's irresponsible to think all areas on a map are the same. Take this into account 600,000 people die yearly from cancers. 70,000 a month or a year from overdoses. 60,000+ from flu. I can get hit by a bus today or tomorrow. Life is not without risks. Example: A little town I know had five cases, four survived, in all these months....don't judge the whole country by one area.

I meant to add OP, right, I'm not interested in this show at all. I don't care and never have cared who is a faster builder, and or who is the most popular, nor who gets the most votes on FB and Twitter, and or which celeb plays The Sims, so what, I'm one that never watched Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Frozen, Fisher King or whatever or any of the other major hits people were grovelling over, if the crowd is watching it, I'm out, can't stand group think/hive mind.

Why does it have be hive mind? I read the books and genuinely enjoyed Game Of Thrones and Hunger Games so I watched the shows. And enjoyed them. Same for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Your Dark Shadows had a huge following. That didn't stop you from becoming a fan of the show.

LOL, I'm talking about as I aged. I stopped the following, if everyone is talking about something then I tend to be more aloof about it and don't watch it. If I like the topic I will, but I don't watch something just because everyone else in the world is watching it. I wasn't saying it would be hive mind to watch Spark'd just that it doesn't interest me, and even less if everyone else is singing it's praises. You know the old saying, beware the man everyone speaks well of.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

LOL, I'm talking about as I aged. I stopped the following, if everyone is talking about something then I tend to be more aloof about it and don't watch it. If I like the topic I will, but I don't watch something just because everyone else in the world is watching it. I wasn't saying it would be hive mind to watch Spark'd just that it doesn't interest me, and even less if everyone else is singing it's praises. You know the old saying, beware the man everyone speaks well of.

I might watch the first episode of a show simply because everyone is raving about it. If I like it I'll continue to watch. If not, I won't continue to watch simply because everyone else is.

@Duvelina was not respectful. They took it as an opportunity to attack me with made up words simply for misunderstanding my intent and words which I pointed out.

I mean no disrespect, but you gonna have to try harder than that.
    You're getting back to me with a lot of information in order to cover up the fact that you were using someone else's spelling mistakes against them. Misspelled words are not 'made up words' or 'fake words'. They are simply misspelled words.
    You are mistaken on that. True it was a misspelled word. It happens especially if typing on mobile. I wasn't using the word against them, but was trying to clarify what they were trying to say since English may not be their first language, a cat may have been typing for them, mobile typing, and a number of other things. They didn't read my post carefully like you have misread it too. I think mentioning the pandemic is getting to some people not being able to go out and talk to people. Anyways instead of getting on the defense all the time, like you said, ask someone to clarify. @simgirl1010 pointed out a grammar error I had which I appreciate with just yesterday about a Baby Boomer post of saying old instead of older. We both had a good laugh about it. But thanks for reminding me about Sims being international since TBS being an American network, to ask SimGuruNinja some questions about it. It helped a lot with some ideas. You should try for that private island sometime, it would help keep you safe.

I don't correct grammar. 😊 You said TBS was old people's TV and I was simply quoting you because I thought it was funny since I'd be considered old people. 😄

I don't correct grammar. 😊 You said TBS was old people's TV and I was simply quoting you because I thought it was funny since I'd be considered old people. 😄
    You aren't old. I was like shoot, that is going to come back to me. But yes I appreciate it that you found humor in it. Thanks for letting me know people who have Xbox can watch it too which I don't have, but it is ok. Going to ask SimGuruNinja ways for Gen Z people like me can still watch it and so international Simmers can too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @SimGuruNinja Ok a few questions for you.

1) Since HollieBB lives in Canada now, how long did you have to be there to film it?
    2) Do you think you could ask SimGuruSteve about hosting the show on Twitch with beginning commentary with you and HollieBB introducing it and then have a watch party on there?
    3) Could you clarify about the new seasons you mentioned in your interview and how it ties into the Gallery?
    4) Can we just do the Spark'd challenge and opt out for being in future seasons?

Also sorry to hear you lost a family member. That must have been really hard. I lost a friend yesterday who was living in a retirement community that covid was at. It can be hard losing people. I wish the best for you and your family to stay safe. I hope it was nice seeing HollieBB and SimGuruFrost up there. I would watch HollieBB's streams on Twitch sometimes and the number of challenges she made in a short amount of time for the community was pretty amazing.
    How to watch TBS.

Mobile app from the App store, Google Play, or Amazon.

Also:
    Apple TV
    Roku
    Xbox
    Fire TV
    Android TV
    Chromecast
    TBS.com

https://www.tbs.com/apps

edited July 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @Scobre You were already talking about thinking recording this was IRresponsible before SimGuruNinja replied. Sounds like he said something to your advantage and you jumped on it to make your argument work.

It's good to care about people's health, but the fact is that we don't know what the virus is going to do. It's a wait-and-see situation. They will figure something out so it is safe. Surely they're not going to throw employees and participants into an unsafe environment to make this show. If they can't make the show face-to-face, they'll either postpone it or do it virtually. Both are possible.
    Thanks, I appreciate. I hope so, but sadly plague just hit the country too with positive test results in Colorado today with squirrels. They have done a really good job trying to keep EA Playtesters safe, so hoping for the best for the other EA programs too and with Simmers not in the EA programs. Change isn't easy. But I know even with 9/11, things didn't go back to normal. It just became a new normal with the TSA.

So glad we have technology because even talk shows like Jimmy Fallon have used video conferencing so that multiple people can get on together.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo_s6PsVogI
    So something like that I could see being done for future years.

I do know there will be four episodes. I went back in my posts and I said, "I doubt the show will continue with the pandemic" and " Just seems like poor business planning especially with the pandemic happening now that will prevent it from being safe to film for next year since prerecorded stuff is always planned in a year in advanced. " and shared the video in which I was referencing to SimGuruNinja's interview where he talks about the show the Gallery tie in which I am trying to get clarification on too. So I wasn't talking about the four episodes, but beyond that. Why I brought it up is because SimGuruNinja mentioned it.

I forgot to say, I think you would really enjoy GrimSuruDoi's crossword Twitch streams he does in the morning. I have learned a lot of fun words with it too and it is the most incredible music with it and the most calming voice:
    https://www.twitch.tv/grimsurudoi/about
    Post edited by Scobre on
    How to watch TBS.

Mobile app from the App store, Google Play, or Amazon.

Also:
    Apple TV
    Roku
    Xbox
    Fire TV
    Android TV
    Chromecast
    TBS.com

https://www.tbs.com/apps

Thank you. You really are a dear for sharing that.
    About the Spark'd Challenge which can be submitted through the Gallery:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dbloom/2020/07/08/the-sims-sparkd-to-launch-as-tbs-reality-competition-show/#404dee2c7ee2

"Spark’d also will have an unusual interactive component, the Spark’d Challenge Program, giving viewers a chance to play their way onto future seasons of the show by creating content with the game and submitting it."

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/sims-sparkd-reality-competition-tbs-buzzfeed-1234701044/

Alongside the show’s TBS debut, EA is launching a series of in-game challenges in “The Sims 4” called the Spark’d Challenge Program starting Friday, July 17, in which the top creators can win a chance to be considered for a future season of “The Sims Spark’d.”

So yes they are planning future seasons with a chance to be on the show with the Spark'd Challenge Program.
    edited July 2020

@Duvelina was not respectful. They took it as an opportunity to attack me with made up words simply for misunderstanding my intent and words which I pointed out.

I mean no disrespect, but you gonna have to try harder than that.
    You're getting back to me with a lot of information in order to cover up the fact that you were using someone else's spelling mistakes against them. Misspelled words are not 'made up words' or 'fake words'. They are simply misspelled words.
    You are mistaken on that. True it was a misspelled word. It happens especially if typing on mobile. I wasn't using the word against them, but was trying to clarify what they were trying to say since English may not be their first language, a cat may have been typing for them, mobile typing, and a number of other things. They didn't read my post carefully like you have misread it too.

I believe I understand perfectly what I’ve read and that has nothing to do with any cats typing. Although I think we are both talking about something slightly different.

It’s all good. I seriously doubt anyone here had the intention of being inconsiderate or disrespectful. In threads with so many discussions going on between a lot of different folks, miscommunication and misunderstanding is almost inevitable. Sometimes it means having to read about 50 posts over and over again, just to get to back to the essence of the conversation and in all fairness, who would want to do that?
    It’s good when one can get back to neutral and move on.

You should try for that private island sometime, it would help keep you safe.

Thank you. I appreciate that.
    Although whatever about keeping me safe, it will certainly keep the world safe from me. B)

Yeah I was talking about the Spark'd program, so was talking about future seasons. Anyways sending you prayers. Been worried about you during these times and I know with also being in a high risk group and having parents one fighting cancer and a nephew that is it can be tough. We are living during the last days as predicted, but there is a bright hope of planting vineyards. Stay clear of that swine flu, it is super painful. Must be nice if you are living safely in the mountains. I didn't know who the host was and had to look it up, so nope I didn't know who they were or who the other hosts were. Apparently Rayvon Owen the host was in Season 14 of American Idol and did a song in Get Famous. One of the little kids I grew up with was in the newest season Emcee Brayell although that isn't his real name and he didn't win of course but made it to Hollywood. That was pre-recorded too although they did finish the season with social distancing which was good, so it is possible even with reality tv.

These are the hot spots, so you can see all those hot spots that are happening in the bay area being there is where the international airport is.
    NYC a lot of cases with the international airport too. I live within driving distance of an international airport.
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2020/07/10/maps-show-covid-19-hot-spot-surge-south/5397551002/

HollieBB works at EA Vancouver Studio: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver

https://twitter.com/HolliebbTV

So thankfully their numbers are low there:
    http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data

I believe I understand perfectly what I’ve read and that has nothing to do with any cats typing. Although I think we are both talking about something slightly different.

It’s all good. I seriously doubt anyone here had the intention of being inconsiderate or disrespectful. In threads with so many discussions going on between a lot of different folks, miscommunication and misunderstanding is almost inevitable. Sometimes it means having to read about 50 posts over and over again, just to get to back to the essence of the conversation and in all fairness, who would want to do that?
    It’s good when one can get back to neutral and move on.

You should try for that private island sometime, it would help keep you safe.

Thank you. I appreciate that.
    Although whatever about keeping me safe, it will certainly keep the world safe from me. B)
    I think so. Totally, miscommunication happens. Don't worry my purple name tends to blend with others too on Twitch so becomes this purple blob of names on Sims streams. My cats like to type on my keyboard sometimes, it can be quite fun. One of my cats her favorite streams was the Backyard Stuff pack. Don't worry, you would be amazed how many English speakers misspell on their employment forms they send in for unemployment along with other colorful messages with Employment Department. There was one confirmed case at my work, so been wearing my mask and showering when I get home and disinfect all my items. Found out the 8 other cases were in another city near the international airport. Backlog of approximately 70,000 PUA (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance) claims not counting the other mail we process, so yeah there are no plans to close it and sadly unlike the video game industry there isn't a way to work from home with that level of confidential information. But I do enjoy it. Anyway off to bed for me. Sleep well too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    Just to clear something up that @Scobre said about the virus hitting Colorado. The squirrel was tested and had bubonic plague. It has nothing to do with Covid. But don't worry, antibotics can treat that plague if anyone gets bitten by a wild animal and or their pet. And to visit your vet if your pet has fleas which can also carry the bubonic plague to humans. Those are facts. Wouldn't want anyone here to think Covid has moved into a squirrel population. Bubonic is worse than Covid btw, but it is treatable.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The Sims turned into an e-Sport... just I hope it won't become the main activity of the game.
    Yeah we already know what happened with an E-Sport event already. It got quite malicious and dangerous for gamers and employees alike with Jacksonville. Things aren't exactly peaceful in the divided country right now which has me worried too. For me I loved when the community came together and worked together for Sims 4 events. I don't know exactly when the Sims strayed from being a community but probably started with the yibSim movement. I am just so tired of competition occuring this iteration with everything. End of the day it is like can't we all just accept we are Simmers and learn to work together instead of against each other for fame or money? I am just not a competitive person, so why I tend to be a deviant even within the community.

PREACH!!!
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    @SimGuruNinja Ok a few questions for you.

1) Since HollieBB lives in Canada now, how long did you have to be there to film it?
    2) Do you think you could ask SimGuruSteve about hosting the show on Twitch with beginning commentary with you and HollieBB introducing it and then have a watch party on there?
    3) Could you clarify about the new seasons you mentioned in your interview and how it ties into the Gallery?
    4) Can we just do the Spark'd challenge and opt out for being in future seasons?

Also sorry to hear you lost a family member. That must have been really hard. I lost a friend yesterday who was living in a retirement community that covid was at. It can be hard losing people. I wish the best for you and your family to stay safe. I hope it was nice seeing HollieBB and SimGuruFrost up there. I would watch HollieBB's streams on Twitch sometimes and the number of challenges she made in a short amount of time for the community was pretty amazing.

1) We didn't film in Canada. :)
    2) I don't think we'll be allowed to do that. So sorry. :# But I'll ask. It would be super fun.
    3) Oooh challenges! More info coming very soon. o:)
    4) Of course. No one is ever going to be forced into anything or restricted from participating and joining in on the fun! This is all about bringing the community together! <3

And thanks for your well wishes. The show didn't manufacture any emotion; it always came naturally from us. It was amazing spending time with this group; some I knew and others I was less familiar with. All of them are incredibly talented and absolutely deserving to be there. I'm so excited for them.
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    not the biggest fan, why they couldn't put funds together to work on the game i haven't a clue. but kudos to people who like it. it just sorta kinda comes off a fake to me.