Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm surprised they didnt get lilsimsie, deligracy or james on the show. They're pretty big in the s4 community. I really dont think this show is going take off like they are expecting to. I just need to know, do younger and older people even watch Tbs that often or at all today? Growing up I watched channels like disney, nick, cartoon network, HBO, lifetime but never/hardly tbs. Even my parents dont watch that channel, rarely hear anyone talk about it cause most of the shows on there are on bigger channels or streaming services. In fact, I just realized I was getting tbs mixed up with PBS and pbs kids, that's how unfamiliar I'm with tbs. Lol idk maybe it's just me, I'm in my late 20s so that could be a factor..how many of you guys watch this channel? Someone make a poll on it cause I'm curious.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I don't watch TBS but I'll add it to my Hulu subscription in order to watch.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm surprised they didnt get lilsimsie, deligracy or james on the show. They're pretty big in the s4 community. I really dont think this show is going take off like they are expecting to. I just need to know, do younger and older people even watch Tbs that often or at all today? Growing up I watched channels like disney, nick, cartoon network, HBO, lifetime but never/hardly tbs. Even my parents dont watch that channel, rarely hear anyone talk about it cause most of the shows on there are on bigger channels or streaming services. In fact, I just realized I was getting tbs mixed up with PBS and pbs kids, that's how unfamiliar I'm with tbs. Lol idk maybe it's just me, I'm in my late 20s so that could be a factor..how many of you guys watch this channel? Someone make a poll on it cause I'm curious.

I was surprised by that too. I think some of them probably refused because they didn't want to be in the spotlight. Maybe for others it conflicted with their schedules. Some even acted like they didn't know about it.
    Most gamechangers have been defending the the TV show on Twitter. I think they see the other contestants as "friends" and don't want to see them attacked, which is fine. But I don't think their able to understand how the show looks to actual Simmers. SimmerErin was the only youtuber who was reasonably critical of the show.
    TBS does have an ELeague segment, which has gaming content. But I don't think the audience that watches Mortal Kombat and FIFA will want to watch a show about the Sims. I imagine a lot of people will just change the channel. I think it may get a lot of views on their Buzzfeed account.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Something in me, WANTS them to come across something very buggy and stuff while filming so they can just get a taste....
    Maybe that will light a fire under the gurus feet to FIX THE GAME!

It would be so AWESOME if there was a major bug while filming. But, I'm pretty sure they'll just edit it out. :/
    Post edited by bixters on
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I haven't watched TBS since Monk and Psyche seasons ended. But watching a reality show on a network like TBS just doesn't seem on brand for that channel. I don't have cable and we gave up our 500 channel Dish subscription for the Hulu/Disney + bundle because it offers more. It is like something I could see on MTV 2 since MTV is known for reality shows. I do remember when Will Wright was on Robot Wars with his daughter. I guess if I wanted to watch gaming, I'd do it for free on Youtube or Twitch or Mixer, not on TBS. Just seems like poor business planning especially with the pandemic happening now that will prevent it from being safe to film for next year since prerecorded stuff is always planned in a year in advanced. I miss Grant's podcasts. Those were fun and were on platforms in which was open to all Simmers and safe to do.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Something in me, WANTS them to come across something very buggy and stuff while filming so they can just get a taste....

It would be so AWESOME if there was a major bug while filming. But, I'm pretty sure they'll just edit it out. :/

Why would it be awesome? 🤔

Malicious:
    A desire to see someone else suffer.
    Petty and spiteful.
  • Options

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.
    So promoting money over friends' health for entertainment and false advertising of a product isn't? Sorry I care about my friends too much and their families to risk them to Covid, plague, and swine flu especially since I have had the swine flu before in college which caused me to go bedridden for 3 weeks. I wouldn't wish that suffering upon anyone. Funny how for six years how much the community was in denial of the Sims 4 being called a reality show and well now it is. Lucy and Rachel were right with this interview comparing the Sims 4 to Kim Kardasian.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/849686/lucy-bradshaw-amp-rachel-franklin-talking-about-sims-4

I think Spark'd has really shown how far the Sims franchise departed during the Sims 4 going the reality show route with everything. Some people are ok with health being trumped all over, but I'm not. People matter. Community matters. Friends and family matter. Sims 4 focusing so much on money and fame only shows how broken the community has gotten. I had a friend leave the Game changer program because marketing mattered more to EA than their health being in the high risk group. It is just wrong with the malicious priorities now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.
    So promoting money over friends' health for entertainment and false advertising of a product isn't? Sorry I care about my friends too much and their families to risk them to Covid, plague, and swine flu especially since I have had the swine flu before in college which caused me to go bedridden for 3 weeks. I wouldn't wish that suffering upon anyone. Funny how for six years how much the community was in denial of the Sims 4 being called a reality show and well now it is. Lucy and Rachel were right with this interview comparing the Sims 4 to Kim Kardasian.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/849686/lucy-bradshaw-amp-rachel-franklin-talking-about-sims-4

I think Spark'd has really shown how far the Sims franchise departed during the Sims 4 going the reality show route with everything. Some people are ok with health being trumped all over, but I'm not. People matter. Community matters. Friends and family matter. Sims 4 focusing so much on money and fame only shows how broken the community has gotten. I had a friend leave the Game changer program because marketing mattered more to EA than their health being in the high risk group. It is just wrong with the malicious priorities now.

What does Covid have to do with anything? The show was filmed last year.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.

@simgirl1010 It seems like you didn't get the point there. People are actually having problems with bugs in their game and they want EA to notice how bad it is.
    It's okay we can be critical of the game, you can too, I promise you your sims won't turn on you. 🤫
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    In fact, I just realized I was getting tbs mixed up with PBS and pbs kids, that's how unfamiliar I'm with tbs. Lol idk maybe it's just me, I'm in my late 20s so that could be a factor..how many of you guys watch this channel? Someone make a poll on it cause I'm curious.

You could make a poll on this. ;)
  • Options

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.

@simgirl1010 It seems like you didn't get the point there. People are actually having problems with bugs in their game and they want EA to notice how bad it is.
    It's okay we can be critical of the game, you can too, I promise you your sims won't turn on you. 🤫

Hmmm, not so sure about that. I understand where @simgirl1010 is coming from.

This show is pre-recorded and edited. So we won’t see any hick-ups anyway. We will only see what the TV station and EA wants us to see: the game running smoothly and the perfectly edited reactions of the contestants. Also note that the show would have been prescheduled way before we heard about it. Yes, in the meantime bugs are still a thing. Not so fundidlyastic. I completely agree they need to be fixed ASAP. The working from home may not help things either.

Now if the show was to be live and people were hoping for terrible things to happen to the game or the set-up, just to teach those EA/Maxis folks a lesson?....Nah. I’m not sure how that’s going to help them fix the bugs. Its a childish and desperate reaction coming from discontent, and hey, I get it. But one may as well send someone over to the studio to try and completely sabotage the show.

Maybe it will make for a more interesting show so some can laugh at other people’s failures. But it won’t fix the bugs.
  • Options

Now if the show was to be live and people were hoping for terrible things to happen to the game or the set-up, just to teach those EA/Maxis folks a lesson?....Nah. I’m not sure how that’s going to help them fix the bugs. Its a childish and desperate reaction coming from discontent, and hey, I get it. But one may as well send someone over to the studio to try and completely sabotage the show.

Maybe it will make for a more interesting show so some can laugh at other people’s failures. But it won’t fix the bugs.

I think that would certainly put a fire under their bums to fix the game if they for once were in the position of the player and realized how many issues there are with the actual game. Just for once make them see their product through the customer's eyes.
  • Options
    Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.

@simgirl1010 You missed the point. Wanting EA to acknowledge that the game is filled with bugs and put more resources into fixing them =/= wanting someone to suffer. If a major bug was to show up during filming it would be harder for them to ignore. It’s an exaggeration to pull out the word “malicious” but I’m sure you already know that.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

I think that would certainly put a fire under their bums to fix the game if they for once were in the position of the player and realized how many issues there are with the actual game. Just for once make them see their product through the customer's eyes.

You seriously think that? Im sure they’re already fully aware of the pile of bugs they have in their game and I’m sure they’re also fully aware that a big chunk of the community is discontent. These devs are constantly playing the game. Maybe they didn’t pay for it, but they’re playing it. Im sure they have a long long list of bugs that need fixing, and in the meantime more content needs to get out because that’s what EA does.
    I’m not saying it’s perfect or that I’m happy about it. Perhaps some eye opening stuff already happened during the recording of the show. Yeah. Awesome. Hopefully they’ll learn from whatever it was.

All I’m saying is that whatever major bug issues happened during filming, it’s unlikely to speed up the already work that’s being done on the bug fixing, whether it happens behind the scenes, or during a live broadcast so everybody can laugh at it.

ETA: A bug issue during filming or live broadcast wouldn’t hurt EA one bit. Not a tiny spark. They’re doing just fine.
    Their bum has to get to blasted and fried by a Serious Inferno if they need a ‘wake up’ call.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I might give it a look when I am bored, but not gonna lie, there are at least a hundred things I would've preferred to a reality show, starting with bug fixes and meaningful relationships. So sick of my sims treating the random strangers they've just met just the same as family and lifelong friends.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    The Sims turned into an e-Sport... just I hope it won't become the main activity of the game.

• Options
    I'm not going to watch it even if I'm curious. I really think I should hold back for this one and not give them my view at all.
    I did the same with Eco lifestyle.
    I know my actions are not of great significance since I'm one in the millions of people in the community but as a consumer I only feel in peace when I support the things I like and stay away from things I don't even if curiosity tempts me.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I can't wait, gonna watch every episode.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.

Because for once it would be an honest representation of the game. I didn't know honesty = malicious.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    I had a great time being a part of this show and I hope it does the simming community proud. I (and the team at large) remain super focused on creating new content as well as fixing and improving the game overall. Love y'all and thanks for letting me be a part of this really unique trip. I hope people enjoy watching the show as much as I had in judging it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2020
    I had a great time being a part of this show and I hope it does the simming community proud. I (and the team at large) remain super focused on creating new content as well as fixing and improving the game overall. Love y'all and thanks for letting me be a part of this really unique trip. I hope people enjoy watching the show as much as I had in judging it.

I am happy that you enjoy being part of the show, but do consider showing and investing more in supporting the game as it feels like the bugs and the balancing of the game is becoming worrying.

I do not want to worry about buying a pack and having unbalanced and buggy features be part of it.
    The NAP's needed more testing, especially "Sharing is Caring." which right now destroys community lots, and other updates like the environment update which makes your sims go "a-ha" or "yawn" every second, or the fact that the insect farm is so difficult to take care of makes me wonder how much testing and balancing is part of the development process.

If you want to support the game for more years then the people who work on bug fixing and testing needs help. I also think that people that do enjoy the game want more reasons to come back to the game with more long-term goals with your packs and deeper gameplay.

Kind regards
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

What does Covid have to do with anything? The show was filmed last year.
    SimGuruNinja talks about future seasons here. Given that a future season for next year would have to be filmed this year or next year, yes that has me worried with lack of social distancing. I'm ok with this season, I just don't think it will be feasible for other seasons unless filmed via video conferencing site.

I just think the health of EA Gamechangers and Simmers and Gurus comes first for future seasons. I'm human and care about people's health first over any reality show whether it is this show or any other. The times of filming are changed and we are facing a new normal.

I do know reality shows are meant to be malicious in intent. I mean take the commercial for the show ends with "I will crush the other people." I prefer live over recorded stuff, thus why I like Twitch where "bad things" can't be edited out. Plus with DrGluon's quick wit, he plays on the bugs in the game well with his streams which is far more entertaining than what the game does when edited in Youtube videos, so I really hope that aspect of him isn't censored. He is one of the most genuine people I have met on Twitch.
  • Options
    The Sims turned into an e-Sport... just I hope it won't become the main activity of the game.
    Yeah we already know what happened with an E-Sport event already. It got quite malicious and dangerous for gamers and employees alike with Jacksonville. Things aren't exactly peaceful in the divided country right now which has me worried too. For me I loved when the community came together and worked together for Sims 4 events. I don't know exactly when the Sims strayed from being a community but probably started with the yibSim movement. I am just so tired of competition occuring this iteration with everything. End of the day it is like can't we all just accept we are Simmers and learn to work together instead of against each other for fame or money? I am just not a competitive person, so why I tend to be a deviant even within the community.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Scobre You were already talking about thinking recording this was IRresponsible before SimGuruNinja replied. Sounds like he said something to your advantage and you jumped on it to make your argument work.

It's good to care about people's health, but the fact is that we don't know what the virus is going to do. It's a wait-and-see situation. They will figure something out so it is safe. Surely they're not going to throw employees and participants into an unsafe environment to make this show. If they can't make the show face-to-face, they'll either postpone it or do it virtually. Both are possible.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Malicious:
    Petty and spiteful.

I think I may have been a bit harsh in my statement, so I apologize if I came off that way. I wasn't being completely serious.

I still think the bugs do need to be acknowledged and fixed. They can't just shove them under the rug. There are sooo many issues with Eco Living that need to be addressed, and it's been a month since it was released.

I think a lot of the issues people have with this TV show is the timing: the game's not in the best shape at the moment, so it seems rather bizarre for them to release a TV show about it. I don't know what EA is thinking.

I also haven't been saying anything negative about the Gurus or developers of this game, my criticism is squarely at EA.