August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

The Sims Spark'd - Coming July 17th!

Comments

  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,752 Member

    Another tweet about this? Enough already :/ We get it a new TV show is coming.

    Just scroll by if you're not interested. How easy is that? Thanks.
    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,752 Member
    For those interested here's a list of all the players.

    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,453 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like that there didn’t seem to be a way for everyone to apply to participate in the competition. They just chose from the same people who are already benefiting from being Game Changers. Nothing about this sounded equal or fair and therefore does not appeal to me.

    Exactly 100,000 to the gamechanger that already have millions of subs...Okay? It might be better if the competitors were just avengre joe fans like us.

    It sounds like the "average fans" will have a chance at the second edition -- there will be in-game challenges during the run of the show. They pretty much had to go with people they knew and who could command a stage presence, which meant people who already were YouTube video makers and Twitch streamers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    I am confused...what exactly is this a gaming tournament or what?

    It's a TV show, they are also going to be holding a competition for everyone to be the players in Season 2.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Interesting. I'm more excited at one that I can participate, but, who will be the judges? What are the criteria for each theme? If it's depending on, downloaded or linked, it's not going to do any good for small following Simmers on the gallery. Are we also competing for the $100k too? What about the Simmers at a different time zone since the challenges are time sensitive (as what I've watched on the trailer)?

    You're getting ahead of yourself. The TV show was pre recorded, so we won't be competing with them. And no we won't be getting the money, as it says we will be competing to be on Season 2.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So the next GP theme is about reality tv...

    No, where did you get that from? SMH They made a reality TV show and they are doing a competition through the gallery to choose the contestants for Season 2. That has NOTHING to do with the next pack.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    $100,000! 😱

    Is that Simoleons??? :open_mouth:

    No that's how much the winner of the TV show gets in real money. You're jumping the gun and not paying attention if you think you can win the money too. The Gallery contest is to be the contestants on Season 2.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    You sure EA, you want the whole world to see a married sim see their spouse having an affair with another, and then proceed to “tell a joke” with the sim their spouse had the affair with... on the bed?

    Better pull out that “Weirder Stories” marketing you went with at launch. Because that’s the type of emergent storytelling that’s still in TS4 LOL.

    The people on the show are professional youtubers I guarantee you they won't use stupid stories like that.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    If this competition is going to be a more ongoing thing with multiple seasons, I think they might be letting average fans join the show later. Who knows.

    But for this first round, inviting game changers makes perfect sense; it got to stay a surprise all the way up until the announcement, and many simmers are already familiar with at least some of them, giving us another incentive to watch it.
    Personally I'm kinda looking forwards to it, especially since I already know several of these people.

    Also, let me just say that I'm grateful that this will be up on Youtube as well; we're obviously not all americans here and I'm glad they considered that.

    The winners of the Gallery competition will be on Season 2.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    Im skeptical. Maybe because Ive seen too many reality shows with anime or comic books or other parts of nerdom as its focus just crash and die, and was only successful at painting the community behind it as strange. And since it is a reality show, its going to be heavily edited, heavily scripted and whoever's winning the 100 grand was already decided weeks ago. Plus, I can already see manufactured drama that wont have anything to the game since drama and tense music = ratings! Plus if this manages to go on for more than 1 season, I'll eat my hat.

    Also, why havent any of us heard about this? Are we just too average to be on tv? Why go for only the most popular simmers who already have large fanbases?

    I'm pretty sure the whole show including the winners being announced was pre recorded awhile ago, and I'm sure the Game Changers are good at keeping things quiet.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 1,967 Member
    edited July 9
    I don't think I'm interested in this. But I hope that those of you who are excited by this have a good time!
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like that there didn’t seem to be a way for everyone to apply to participate in the competition. They just chose from the same people who are already benefiting from being Game Changers. Nothing about this sounded equal or fair and therefore does not appeal to me.

    Exactly 100,000 to the gamechanger that already have millions of subs...Okay? It might be better if the competitors were just avengre joe fans like us.

    Wow, more jealousy here too. I wouldn't use "avengre" (Average btw) joe fans on my first season of something like this.

    You know you can limit your posts to one BIG one and quote it all in one. Just saying. No need to be so rude.

    Rude??? You basically insulted them for not picking someone average like yourself, because you assume they get paid being Game Changers. They get perks being a Game Changer but not an income. And they were chosen because of their skills and fan base. I just pointed out your typo, since I was using it in my own sentence.

    Oh and if I want to address everyone individually I believe that's my right.

    I'm not insulting them, I just don't see the point? I mean, they already have a youtube channel and a big following on YT. I would be much more interested if they let fans try this out. Yeah in Season 2. But I mean? I can't be crazy to think seeing fans compete would be very interesting instead.

    Why is it you think that a TV show *wouldn't* use people who have a following already? If they're trying out a new show, they'd want to use people who already are well known (especially by YouTube, Twitch and the like) so that they have a ready made audience at the beginning. Not only that, but they've got a proven track record for being able to stay within the broadcast rules and not do things that would be bad publicity for EA and The Sims.

    It's actually insulting to say that those *shouldn't* be the ones that a smart TV producer should use.

    As others have pointed out, regular simmers will get their chance by doing Gallery competitions. And having had a chance to see what the show looks like, they'll be better able to "compete" than the average Simmer who *hasn't* watched the show.

    ...Okay, but I can't help but weary that it may be scripted and more popular gamechangers are made to win, not because of talent alone.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,229 Member
    It's not really reality, since it's the sims...
    ba49c09f11cb9a8052c232cf4394da6fc22b2437.gifv
    I am rich and I'm hot, I am everything that you're not
    But none of this is real - yeah
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 195 Member
    edited July 9
    Anyone from the sims community will have the opportunity to participate.



    So get to working on those sims and builds! :p

    I really hope this isn't another one of those scams that the Bioware Bazaar ended up being (i.e. the 'whole community' that was eligible to participate was limited to US citizens from the lower 48 states and no one else).
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,752 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Anyone from the sims community will have the opportunity to participate.



    So get to working on those sims and builds! :p

    I really hope this isn't another one of those scams that the Bioware Bazaar ended up being (i.e. the 'whole community' that was eligible to participate was limited to US citizens from the lower 48 states and no one else).

    Several of the participants in the premier season are not from the US.
    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • xamira99xamira99 Posts: 2,929 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    It's not really reality, since it's the sims...

    You've got a good point there!
    And now here is my secret, a very simple secret...
    giphy.gif
    Follow me on twitter, xamira99 Gallery/OID : xamira99



  • xamira99xamira99 Posts: 2,929 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Interesting. I'm more excited at one that I can participate, but, who will be the judges? What are the criteria for each theme? If it's depending on, downloaded or linked, it's not going to do any good for small following Simmers on the gallery. Are we also competing for the $100k too? What about the Simmers at a different time zone since the challenges are time sensitive (as what I've watched on the trailer)?

    You're getting ahead of yourself. The TV show was pre recorded, so we won't be competing with them. And no we won't be getting the money, as it says we will be competing to be on Season 2.

    Lol.. Not even saying that I want to compete with them, but I was talking about the prizes for those who are going to participate in the in-game. Just to reiterate, I'm more interested with one that I can participate. I guess, you need to know how to understand reading the meaning of one's context. Plus, don't assume anyone don't even know that this is a pre-recorded, like most of the TV reality shows. I've noticed that you've been "mean" in replying peoples' comments here. Everyone can give their opinion, but just don't be rude. Just saying.Cheers!
    And now here is my secret, a very simple secret...
    giphy.gif
    Follow me on twitter, xamira99 Gallery/OID : xamira99



  • trophytrophy Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 9
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like that there didn’t seem to be a way for everyone to apply to participate in the competition. They just chose from the same people who are already benefiting from being Game Changers. Nothing about this sounded equal or fair and therefore does not appeal to me.

    Exactly 100,000 to the gamechanger that already have millions of subs...Okay? It might be better if the competitors were just avengre joe fans like us.

    I think most game changers who stream are making enough to get by and/or live comfortably but are not raking in big money. I do not think there is a simmer who has the same status as streamers like Ninja or Shroud, they have tons of subscribers and huge endorsement deals or sponsors. When you say millions my mind jumps to people like that, not game changers.

    Also reality shows might cast an “average joe” for relatability with viewers but they will cast other types to make it interesting. Someone might be an amazing builder but their personality just does not pop for tv. The game changers are comfortable in front of a camera, it was an easy decision.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 1,417 Member
    Not sure how I feel about this. Sims was always an escape for me to tell my own stories, until now the sims never was a TV show where already established gamechangers can show off and earn big money. I might watch it if it ever reaches a TV channel in my country but I for the rest I just want to play the game myself.

    It is nice for those who are interested, it's just not for me.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,273 Member
    This sounds interesting, but like others, I agree that time spent on this show could've been better used to develop the game and fix all its bugs. As for the community challenges, I'm thinking that Simmers like me (56 followers and usually like 10 downloads on Gallery creations), won't even be considered for future seasons. They'll probably pick people who have thousands of followers and downloads (and people whose creations regularly get curated). I'll still participate for the fun of it, though.

    Not that I mind, because TV is definitely not for me, but there are smaller Simmers who'd like to have their chance in the spotlight and I want that for them.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 427 Member
    Sounds Fun.

    But- I guess season 2 will be in 2022 because of the Pandemic... :s
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 3,502 Member
    Anyone from the sims community will have the opportunity to participate.



    So get to working on those sims and builds! :p

    Easier to kick it off with people who knows how to work in front of a camera. If it would get a second season they can get people who stood out and seems suitable for the second one.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 195 Member
    Do we have confirmation that someone will actually win $100,000, or do they just get a chance to win it?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top