Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please we need a garden patch.

My Sims have always had a Perfect garden and made a excellent living off it. But Eco Living has killed the garden and now left to making candles and fighting with a 3D printer. Thank you.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I second this.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I started a new save. I turned off everything from Eco Lifestyle in options. I put my new garden right into the ground with a roof over it. I did not use any planters. I had to build the room first with a roof. Then I deleted the floor and took out some walls. It looks okay but not as nice as before with planters. The garden is doing fine for now. Two of the herbs are bugged but they come back every morning at 5 am. They can still be harvested. So far so good. Oh, I harvested plants from the world or got them straight out of debug. I did not use seed packets. I do not know if that makes a difference or not but my garden is fine so far. Will see what happens when the season changes from spring to summer. My plants are in shelter so they should be fine.
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    What is it that Eco Lifestyle has done to gardening? I haven't noticed anything in my game yet.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @klovesjen whenever the Eco state changes the garden reverts back to just planted is the main thing. There were problems with planters before Eco Lifestyle. Something happened with the update before the new pack came out. Two herbs have been bugged for a while.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    What is it that Eco Lifestyle has done to gardening? I haven't noticed anything in my game yet.

This is what gardens are doing, I had this happen with both planters and planted straight on the ground. One moment the garden is full and ready to be harvested and in an instant it will do what is in the picture.

83452483_1614249602058662_5338765766481249042_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=gY0knjkvjCMAX9vAh_0&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=96ce919e3cde8cfbf46568f7e7250729&oe=5F2C7793
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    LaBlue your pic is worth 1000 words. It explains the problem. Thanks for posting it.
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Woof! That is a pretty big bug! I hope they fix that ASAP.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2020
    They are most likely aware of it. 458 people have selected "me too" on Answer HQ. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/m-p/9168505#M132924

Speaking of fighting the 3D printer. Has anyone made a mod which reduces the chance of it failing? I think it fails too often by either breaking or fighting my sim.

After looking at the tuning files...it looks like the fabricator has 3 stages (one for each height), and each of them have a chance of failing when it is spraying. I tried making a simple mod which removes the outcomes...we will see if it works.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    So you have to uncheck both options under the Eco Living tab to turn it completely off? I turned of the voting already but I am sick of this.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I agree. Gardening needs to be fixed asap.

Plants also keep evolving/devolving on their own :( mine went from normal to perfect overnight. Since then they seem to fluctuate between magnificent, nice and perfect.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Meela_Pasht that won't fix the gardening bugs for you. I have both options unticked and gardening is still bugged for me.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I started a new save and now all my plants are behaving as normal. Keeping all my fingers crossed :)
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    While my Sim lived in Evergreen, I had the issue with the plants evolving/ devolving. I moved my Sim to Willow Creek and the plants remain at Perfect stage, though I still get some plants that jump to seedling when they are watered, while others grow and produce harvestables normally.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am trying very hard not to be angry and upset over the number of bugs in EL. But, dang, why weren't these issues caught during the testing phase of this pack? And the bigger question is why weren't those bugs fixed before the pack got to us. I went back on my vow not to pay full price for another pack, and now I'm regretting my stupidity. I should have waited to see the list of bugs in EL before buying it on release day. The second pack in two years I made the mistake of paying full price for on release day, and it has caused so many problems I don't dare play any of my older saves for fear they will become corrupted. There are parts of this pack I am having fun with, but I almost need a can of virtual bug repellant for the glitches I keep finding the longer I play!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    It's not just the pack that's bugged, a lot of us who didn't buy the pack have bugs like the gardening one.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am trying very hard not to be angry and upset over the number of bugs in EL. But, dang, why weren't these issues caught during the testing phase of this pack? And the bigger question is why weren't those bugs fixed before the pack got to us. I went back on my vow not to pay full price for another pack, and now I'm regretting my stupidity. I should have waited to see the list of bugs in EL before buying it on release day. The second pack in two years I made the mistake of paying full price for on release day, and it has caused so many problems I don't dare play any of my older saves for fear they will become corrupted. There are parts of this pack I am having fun with, but I almost need a can of virtual bug repellant for the glitches I keep finding the longer I play!

Im with you on that! Im not going to buy packs on release anymore...
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I was hoping gardening would get a hotfix patch by now. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t have EL and my gardens are bugged, too. I had fully grown trees that reverted to little mounds once it rained. My basil and sage plants shrink down after harvesting and regrow when they are ready to be harvested. If I am planting seeds, they have to be further apart than they needed to be before, or they disappear after the planting action occurs. I only know they’re still there unplanted because the sim automatically goes back to plant that one if they’re planting a new seed. Then suddenly the seed shows up on the ground the next day or whatever.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I also have the bug where my plants are suddenly PERFECT quality!!! That is annoying and needs fixed fast! It takes away all the limited difficulty this game already has!!!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I've been fighting with the garden since the patch dropped. GAH! It is so frustrating...we need a patch now.

I think we are seeing the product of people who all had to work separately at home to finish the pack, this has been the buggiest pack yet. They need to get back to work like everybody else.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    i had a room with perfect quality plants saved in my library, - one for every plant. and now whenever I try and put it in the game it resets and its annoying especially since some of the rare plants take very long to grow out
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • drkngl044drkngl044 Posts: 3 New Member
    My plants keep disappearing and grafting won't work.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Well July patch is here and there's no gardening fixes. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Well July patch is here and there's no gardening fixes. :/

And no naps fixes and nothing revelant in my eyes 😢
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Maybe they can do second patch this week. Hopefully this get fixed before my Sims go the nursing home.