March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP?

afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
My niece's birthday is coming up and she recently bought the TS4 base game with City Living. I want to get her an EP, but I'm stuck between Cats and Dogs, Island Living, and Seasons... I use all 3 equally so I'm looking for a second opinion. Thanks in advance!!
WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna

Which EP? 124 votes

Cats And Dogs
13%
CamkatMi9shaoscarelemmelesmurf45blueamcroceTeeSeaCheekybitsBearpal64FlapRynnaleeRedShoe7TodilooLady_BalloraKimmerPurpleHeatherBlackSpiderBatBastet 17 votes
Seasons
72%
crocobauraGoldmoldarNh6650KHS12alexspoom13IceyJTheRealTacomamaMLadyAzzeraSimpatsyannAlrynnmcruddIsb917StrangerthanelanorbretonhaneulAnmirlaMariefoxprice83RadioAChickenjimbbqMoon_Willow 90 votes
Island Living
8%
Colorist40Lisamango0AlyssaKHMaggieMarleyOnverserMrsC1990SERVERFRARememberJoySimAlexandriapopstarsley 10 votes
Other- List below!
5%
Frn0731LaBlue0314alanmichael1ChadSims2ScobreRouensimsSeanBobbyG 7 votes

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Cats And Dogs
    Pets just seem to complete the household for me. They make the house a home, IMO, and no sims game is complete without pets!

IL though... I just love that pack too. I almost picked that! Hahah I guess it depends what your niece is into, but I'm standing by my first answer and since you suggested it, I'm assuming she'd be into cats and dogs. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Seasons
    To me Seasons is clearly the best of the bunch, because it changes the game so much and also I love the calendar feature. You probably know best what she likes... is she very into tropical destinations or cats & dogs? I have to say C&D is one of my least favourite EPs, but again the animals are cute and especially for a young person that can be satisfying enough.
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Seasons
    By and large Seasons is the fan favorite for Most Essential EP. It really, really and I can't stress this enough, changes the entire game. Without it you don't have a calendar to plan holidays, events, see when birthdays are coming, etc. You can also tone down the seasons if they get too annoying. But for that calendar feature... hooboy that's a game changer right there.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Island Living
    Just in terms of gameplay - I'd say Island Living as it's more fun. You get a new world and completely different stuff which is nothing like what you already have in the game. Seasons is a good pack as well but it doesn't bring any new world or anything, it just sort of improves on the gameplay that's already there rather than bringing anything brand new.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Seasons
    I like all of the eps you've mentioned. I voted for seasons cause weather gives a whole different vibe (and challenge) to the game and i love customizing my own hollidays. But, as it was said before, if you're looking for more gameplay it may not be the best ep...
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Difficult question. If she likes animals than I would probably go with Cats & Dogs, which also has beautiful BB items. But I feel like there is probably a reason she chose City Living as her first expansion? Have you considered Get Together at all? The pack is not perfect (no new careers and the traits are not that great), but Windenburg is huge and versatile and to me it is the world with the best premades. The Narwhal Arms is still my favourite nightclub to take my Sims to dance the night away and mentioning clubs, that is still a feature that can be lots of fun and adds a nice tool to control which Sims populate your venues. The CAS is very solid, for female and male Sims and even for kids. BB depends a bit on style, but the walk-in closet and bush are some of the best woohoo locations in the game especially to add to community lots.
    I think all of your choices are good, just wanted to add another point of view.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is essential.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Difficult question. If she likes animals than I would probably go with Cats & Dogs, which also has beautiful BB items. But I feel like there is probably a reason she chose City Living as her first expansion? Have you considered Get Together at all? The pack is not perfect (no new careers and the traits are not that great), but Windenburg is huge and versatile and to me it is the world with the best premades. The Narwhal Arms is still my favourite nightclub to take my Sims to dance the night away and mentioning clubs, that is still a feature that can be lots of fun and adds a nice tool to control which Sims populate your venues. The CAS is very solid, for female and male Sims and even for kids. BB depends a bit on style, but the walk-in closet and bush are some of the best woohoo locations in the game especially to add to community lots.

She is an AMAZING builder (way better than me :PPP) and decided on City Living because of the opportunity to remodel apartments and such.

I absolutely love (and kind of forgot about) Get Together, but I'm not sure my sister in law would be thrilled to find her daughter building nightclubs LOL. I'll have to figure out her comfort level. I almost considered Get Famous but then remembered how much my niece hates the idea of being popular. Even in a game. I'm going to play around with Get Together and get a feel for it again, check the polls again, and make the purchase.
    WweQvgh.gif

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited July 2020

She is an AMAZING builder (way better than me :PPP) and decided on City Living because of the opportunity to remodel apartments and such.

I absolutely love (and kind of forgot about) Get Together, but I'm not sure my sister in law would be thrilled to find her daughter building nightclubs LOL. I'll have to figure out her comfort level. I almost considered Get Famous but then remembered how much my niece hates the idea of being popular. Even in a game. I'm going to play around with Get Together and get a feel for it again, check the polls again, and make the purchase.

You know the game, you know your niece and you're putting so much thought into this. There is no way that you'll choose a pack that won't make her happy. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons. It is nice that there are holidays included.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Seasons

Get Together has some awesome build materials -- I love the Tudor wall coverings. Seasons has a lot of Craftsman inspired materials though, so if she likes to build houses she might appreciate that along with the general seasonal changes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    It's decided. I bought Seasons and Island Living. As it turns out my sister in law bought Cats and Dogs already! And because I'm the best aunt ever I bought two packs. Thanks for the help everyone!
    WweQvgh.gif

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other- List below!
    I voted other because I couldn't decide between Cats & Dogs or Seasons.

I think what I would do would ask her to see which she would think she would want more in her game without her knowing that you are going to be getting her this gift.

I didn't realize until after I voted the decision was already made. :)
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Seasons
    Good job for buying Seasons, @afternoonbaboon

It is a MUST HAVE!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons adds the most game play depth IMO and is quite fun compared to the others. My 2nd runner up vote would be for Cats & Dogs. :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other- List below!
    I don't like Seasons very much personally. I vote for City Living! It's fabulous!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living has lots to do in the beautiful Island & there's mermaids.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2020
    Seasons
    sims 4 felt close to unplayable to me before i got seasons so I vote for that

tho other packs are nice too in their own ways
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Seasons
    DEFINITELY seasons but island living would be second
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons, with cats and dogs as a close second. Both feel pretty necessary to me because both are an integral part of real life (not everyone has pets but I have three dogs so it feels pretty necessary to me).

If she wants a new world, Brindleton Bay is absolutely beautiful.
  • Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    Seasons
    [quote="Rouensims;c-17569450"]I don't like Seasons very much personally. I vote for City Living! It's fabulous![/quote]

OP stated the niece already has city living.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Other- List below!
    Your niece will love Get Famous, and it goes well with City Living.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Seasons
    Out of these - DEFINITELY Seasons. Most impact on the world, interacts nicely with certain other expansion packs.In general a good choice.

If I weere to offer other I would definitely recommend Vampires.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other- List below!
    It is hard, Island Living, Seasons, and Eco Lifestyle are all really good packs to go along with City Living especially if she likes to build. Jungle Adventures and Vampire packs are really good packs too. Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle I think would pair the best with City Living just because of apartments and small space design.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other- List below!
    I see you already got Seasons but I would of suggested Get Together, Seasons is one of the better expansions but it leaves a lot to be desired. Not many new things to do in each season refused activities and animations used over for "different" but the same activities not many things feel special or unique to do outdoors for each season not even a pool upgrade for summer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"