Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 on PS5 and Xbox Series X?

Since no official announcement of The Sims 5 yet, Let's hope for The Sims team to re-release The Sims 4 on PS5 and Xbox Series X similar to GTA V.

dpzAh7KxtmkwrM5xs1hB_iEF6blIAj9AI2-PoIqwKJssUsSS7n-99cimYwWS_fT6haO0RRw0qyd2t4gGTA-dzH4Sy2sqNmnrlgYlOXPVpEPVpkGEvZxE09sdTV_1jQQlyE2Tgcjdi52mhlaHHwphhlhb-xIwQNMeZm4fktj_uTpAlTJOCB4Ty3nKWQiRiobxZQww-CkNiezWVX7Da1rq8IQh6eCQywRr5Vok4p4Lpb0Jn9NX0pE-DewPwxqnPPUPqWu-mbjziFwr1COBSnMg7lb6g8pYsQcaW7GTEqF-R5qkAnuLeC0V2uZWzIAFCWea9_eRuMg4PqIYlUZttQSBH2raGUqV_mPMDqGQQMLoKZ0htUbTRZ0HcefYDlPQca5uTYEW1DAZJbISyOf88dt2NLY4r9reJ8zn3yzkdB68WCKuu3Irm09GvRlh5ZLbupHNCNTC-AwNsXD-VYfHlntubj52WE87xsQVQusM5Lf5IUexqAB-lWlFGiRLKiE11YeDyVgyIQCa0etyMeyDPcPsZM9EnrlW6F59CrXn-s8QabUa02SgVoKmvdVWsnecnNCbPFM-SgvcOmeACC0_70qe5JWKjRFobaoMH07kM4nlzJ_y9vtLzEYtTTWv5iQlfDVkOmNoPCytG5aEN2HRLAbCAMr_dCbKt07X13JiTkx3PpjbsJwlOtpITE9yAwdVwQ=w784-h654-no?authuser=0

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I doubt a re-release would happen but I’m sure the games will be backwards compatible.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I doubt a re-release would happen but I’m sure the games will be backwards compatible.

Meaning The Sims 4 is Backwards Compatible with PS5?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    IIRC, the PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4 games, so it might not be necessary to port TS4.

Also, historically, I don't think any Sims iteration has been released for multiple console generations. They're more likely to just port TS5 to consoles once it's out
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    There would be no reason to rerelease the game on next gen consoles. The game runs at max settings on the base models currently, so there would be nothing to gain from the new hardware.

Microsoft has confirmed every Xbox one game will be backwards compatible on series X. Sony hasn’t said much about BC for their first party games, or third party, but I would assume every PS4 game will be BC on Ps5 eventually. I don’t see any reason Sony can’t emulate PS4 unless they learned nothing from their issues with PS3.