August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Can anyone remember this Sims 1 Hot Date promotional minigame?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,496 Member
Im guessing there is only a few people on the planet who remember this. And thats IF im even remembering it right.

The Sims 1 had a website. It would feature info about the games, promotions, and people could post their own sim stories with screenshots and their storylines. Id read them all the time.

If i remember right, ts1 was promoting Hot Date at the time and there was a minigame. Its a very vague memory but I think the goal was to woo your date in the allotted time. There was different date spots and one of them was a movie theater. Does this trigger a memory for anyone?
The Sims has currently lost its identity.

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Please bring it back.Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 185 Member
    Afraid not. I was so young when I found out about Hot Dates that I was embarrassed to ask for it (though the burgeoning completionist desires demanded it) and I was very pointedly denied. I also did not have regular access to the Internet until high school. Oh, childhood memories.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,496 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Afraid not. I was so young when I found out about Hot Dates that I was embarrassed to ask for it (though the burgeoning completionist desires demanded it) and I was very pointedly denied. I also did not have regular access to the Internet until high school. Oh, childhood memories.

Yes! I cant remember how I got access to it because i know my mom wouldnt buy something with that title. I think i mustve played it at a cousins or smthn?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity.

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Please bring it back.Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    Oh wow. No I don't. Thanks for sharing.