Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** 1216 Franklin Avenue (The Loud House)**

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
Hi, all! This is my "The Loud House" build. It's on the gallery as "1216 Franklin Avenue".

I know this house has been done before, but I felt like existing builds tried to squeeze too much into a small space and ended up giving away that feeling of accuracy, so I made my own.

Of course, doing cartoon houses is always difficult due to scaling issues. The inside is usually too large for the outside, the floors don't have matching footprints, and rooms don't fit together the way they are supposed to.

In this build, I tried very hard to maintain accuracy with the show, however, I did have to make two concessions. The first is that the kitchen, dining room, and master bedroom (a converted den), are a bit bigger than expected. The option was to make the upstairs bedrooms much smaller than they are and making it hard to fit all the furniture into them, in the positions they are on the show. I opted for a slightly bigger downstairs. In the end, it works out, I needed that extra room downstairs when all thirteen household members are in the same room. The second is that I gave the house a more traditional roofing solution, rather than the double-apex as seen in the show. A double-apex would have made the forward roofing too steep to place windows on the front of the second story.

I paid close attention to screenshots of the show for aesthetic influence and where load-bearing walls were required. There is some dead space but was unavoidable due do the actual layout of the house. This mostly deals with closet areas.

Please review my Imgur gallery before downloading or looking at it on the Sims gallery. The images are out of order for some reason, and as always, please keep in mind that first-person shots are always distorted. I welcome any comments.

Imgur Gallery
https://imgur.com/gallery/jKGzvS0

Sims Gallery
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/17D21B1FBCB011EA84DE9F3BDBE88175
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments