Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monsters Under the Bed

CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
I want to start by saying that I like this feature. I think it's really cute. However, does my sim child need to wake every single adult and teen in the house for this?! They wake up someone, that sim goes to spray the bed, then they're off to the next room and the next room and it doesn't end until EVERYONE is awake and the bed has been sprayed by every teen and adult available. Can we please just turn that down? Let the child wake up their favourite adult or teen for help. THEN STOP. I often play large families and I seriously just watched the kid wake up 7 adults and teens for this. Waking up one up, like I said, is fair. Waking everyone available up is completely unreasonable. It's not just this one household either so this is clearly a thing now. In the past couple of months I've seen it happen with all the households I've played. The kid will wake up 1 sim or 7 and anything in between. As long as others in the house are teen or older they will wake them up, even as and after the bed is being sprayed. :/
Origin ID: Peapod79

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Did they ever fix this? Last I knew after the adult would be woken up they wouldn’t automatically go spray the monster even though that’s how it’s supposed to function.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I haven't really had this problem, but I would always try to cancel the interaction and the kid would move on to the next victim. I like the idea of the feature myself, but more often than not I just use the protection night light. Especially so in households that I do not plan to pay much attention to the kids.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    The night light is my best friend! That, and using double beds for the kids in my rich sim families!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, I had been using the nightlight in some houses but it didn't stop all of them? Anyways, I don't mind the whole situation happening, I just don't think every teenage sibling, parent, aunt and grandparent all need to be awake for it. :/

@drake_mccarty the adult sometimes goes to spray and sometimes just goes to the fridge or toilet. Usually if I cancel their original action, I can get them to go spray.

@BK747 double beds! Oh and I noticed that his older sister had a double bed and no monsters and I didn't put the two together :D Just assumed she didn't have them for whatever reasons because not all kids get them or even are scared of them either. Hahaha! I'll definitely be using this trick for my richer kids now.

I tried to send some of the older sims back to bed while his dad was spraying but he just high tailed it back into their rooms and woke them up again... you might as well just leave them all awake until the situation is resolved.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Looks like the Kids turned into the Monsters. I'm not surprised.
    Definitely a tuning problem that has been 'fixed' numerous times but apparently didn't fix anything.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2020
    BK747 wrote: »
    The night light is my best friend! That, and using double beds for the kids in my rich sim families!

@BK747 Wow, does that night light really work? The monsters come every single night and it drives me crazy.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I like this feature as well but it is really buggy. The only sim that ever did it properly was Travis Scott. Everyone else once the awoke would go grab something to eat or go watch tv. Then the kid would go and wake everyone else up, and the kid would still be ignored unless I took control. It is for that reason that I use the night light. If it worked properly I would let it play it out.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »

@BK747 Wow, does that night light really work? The monsters come every single night and it drives me crazy.

Yes, the night light does keep the monsters away. The only annoying thing I've noticed is that it is treated as a toy, so if you have a maid, they will always take the night light and put it away in the toy box so you have to remember to put it back out again each night.
    BK747 wrote: »
    Simmivie wrote: »

Yes, the night light does keep the monsters away. The only annoying thing I've noticed is that it is treated as a toy, so if you have a maid, they will always take the night light and put it away in the toy box so you have to remember to put it back out again each night.

Wait that night light?! I thought it was the wall light called "defender" something or other... no wonder it didn't always work... :D

Well this child is a teen now. Guess I'll have to try that other night when he has kids. (After I let his kid wake him up as payback)
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Just use adult single beds. Been doing this since day one and never had an issue. The monster only comes on beds from the children’s section so make sure it’s not a bed from that, you’ll be fine.

—T
    To7m wrote: »
    Just use adult single beds. Been doing this since day one and never had an issue. The monster only comes on beds from the children’s section so make sure it’s not a bed from that, you’ll be fine.

—T

That's helpful! Thank you! I might do that for my larger households.

I'd really like to not have to stop it entirely, I do like the interaction, like I said before, it's just ridiculous how the kid had to wake up everyone and their neighbour just for this when they probably could tune it and turn it down so that the child stops after the first wake up. I don't remember it ever being this obnoxious.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Sounds annoying but also fair. Why interrupt the sweet dreams of just one poor family member.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    If you have MCCC, you can take autonomy off the wake up interaction. It works like a charm: the child will still wake up and panic, but never run up to an older sim. Adults and teens can still spray the monster if directed by the player, it's just perfect.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Camkat used to drive me bananas too. There is a night light with a monster on it and a wall decal, they keep the monster away. Also, reading the kid to sleep helps too. Lastly, no monsters under double beds
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Camkat used to drive me bananas too. There is a night light with a monster on it and a wall decal, they keep the monster away. Also, reading the kid to sleep helps too. Lastly, no monsters under double beds

Thanks for the tips! I didn't know about the reading to sleep but I should try to do that more, it's cute and I think it helps with their skills too. :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It happens all the time too in my game. When I have more than 2 kids in a family you can expect they'll see a monster almost every night.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    [quote="Calico45;c-17563000"]I haven't really had this problem, but I would always try to cancel the interaction and the kid would move on to the next victim. I like the idea of the feature myself, but more often than not I just use the protection night light. Especially so in households that I do not plan to pay much attention to the kids.[/quote]

I did this as well until I get tired of constantly cancelling all sort of annoying autonomy .