Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird food problems

I've noticed something strange happening in my game. Whenever I tell my sims to eat a serving of food, they keep on eating it and the bowl never becomes empty. They keep eating after their hunger bar fills up completely but there is always some food left in the bowl so I end up cancelling the action and putting the unfinished bowl back in the fridge. Since the bowl only has a small amount of food left in it, it should be eaten quickly and not fill up a hunger bar. But, when I later have a sim eat that unfinished food they still don't manage to eat it all and it fills their hunger up completely!

It's like every serving of food is bottomless because no matter how many times a sim eats from it, it will never be empty! On top of that, my sims aren't stopping eating when they are full.

Anyone else experiencing this in their game? If so, is there a bug report?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    This has happened in my game too. They take a serving, eat half and become full. Then they leave it on the table, do other things, and after some time they go back to eating the other half when they become hungry again. I don't know if it's a new feature or a bug, I like that they stop eating when they become full, but I don't like the plates laying around and having to manage so many leftovers. They behave like messy teenagers.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    This has happened in my game too. They take a serving, eat half and become full. Then they leave it on the table, do other things, and after some time they go back to eating the other half when they become hungry again. I don't know if it's a new feature or a bug, I like that they stop eating when they become full, but I don't like the plates laying around and having to manage so many leftovers. They behave like messy teenagers.

@crocobaura my sims aren't stopping eating when they become full and no matter how long they eat the bowl doesn't become empty, even if it was only half full when they started eating.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wonder what triggers this bug. I have heard about it, but have not experienced it. I would have assumed I have the packs if they caused it, but who knows. It may be super specific.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've seen it happen when it's a dish the sim dragged out of the fridge.

The other bug is when food is taken from the fridge the countdown to spoiled is unavailable (but that's a good bug).
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It sounds like this issue here. Not seen the bug myself, sims are usually behaving nicely with food and eating.
  • Options
    @Kathykins thank you so much! I was looking and looking for a bug report on this but couldn't find one. That bug report describes exactly what I am experiencing in my game so I've added a 'me too' and a comment. I think it might be to do with either EL or the EL patch.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    AHQ can be a ... challenging place to manouver. I often fail to find what I'm searching for. Usually because of lack of knowledge with the english language. Some times I just can't find alternative words :D How the helpers there can keep up with it all is beyond me, they are the true heroes of gaming.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've had the same issue with sims being full and the plate not seeming to be finished as well. I thought it was a bug.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I have the same problem, but then with drinks.
    Sometimes they finish it, sometimes it gets to around 75% and they never finish it.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »
    Sometimes they finish it, sometimes it gets to around 75% and they never finish it.
    This is happening in my game. I’ll save the drink for later, and then when someone tried to drink it again, they got the moodlet immediately and set down the drink which still looks full. It’s like a bottomless drink. I think it’s probably because that drink has been in the fridge for a long time, like several updates ago. (I took a long break)

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have different food issues in my game where my sims keep choosing to make fresh food or quick meals instead of using leftovers. Also the food never says that it's spoiled anymore when it's in the fridge.
    Simmivie wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure about it but I think I also have the drink issue.
  • Options
    Now I'm having another problem with food in my game. If I have one of my sims take a half eaten bowl from the fridge and try to eat from it... They can't! The action doesn't so much cancel as disappear. Weird.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yep, I've had the food bug and the disappearing actions.

I have never seen so many bugs in ts4 as I have just lately.