Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship Patch ... soon ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
Hi,

A few months ago there was a survey about features which could improve the system of relationship.

I think we should see the result soon.
The Sims 4 Community Survey

Relationships
  • More relationship types - Have new ways to define relationship dynamics such as “bromance”.
  • Initiated romance - Sims outside of your household can propose marriage and ask for other relationship changes.
  • Shared personal history - A relationship’s past impacts the present. For example, good friends who had a dramatic falling out may have a harder time reconnecting.
  • Relationship tone - Relationships have short-term states such as “Furious with [Sim X]”.
  • Relationship compatibility - Personal factors affect how well a Sim gets along with another.
  • Shared experiences - Sims share repeated activities with preferred Sims such as “brunch buddies”.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2020
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Love the brunch buddies idea although I manage that with my Ladies Who Lunch club.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I really hope so. This could greatly improve the game, if implemented well.
    #Team Occult
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I really hope so, that would be so awesome to see if marriages would really last without our interfering. I love these ideas and hope they do it and soon
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    Did the survey ask to pick one of those choices or could somebody pick them all? I think all of those should be considered but I still need an attraction system. We say we don't get attracted to people because of their hair and or the color of their eyes, and or the cut of their jaw. We lie. We know we do. Physical attraction is just as much of a thing than not. True the flame may die out when we find out that pretty and or handsome person is more like a shallow Hal than someone we can actually admire for their emotional maturity and or their character but as humans we still pick what is pleasing to the eye for some reason. Not always but generally speaking physical attractions is why we often take a second look, and that should have been added to the survey. But Simgirl is right we don't need what is already in the game with groups and I had many lunch buddies already in the game. Old lady's tea time etc. Or a bowler's club night out and then go eat somewhere. We already have that stuff with groups in GT.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar

If I'm not wrong, you had to tell the level of interest for each entry between 0 and 10.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That's too bad, because that would have made a good start into fixing relationships to be more interesting (even if just friends) and adding more options of how to play out a Sim life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Depends on the result of the survey, and then we'll get maybe one or two of them in some sort of half baked connection.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    These features are all fundamental to a life simulator and should have defined the so called 'smart sim' at the very beginning.
    Implementation of all is needed, including the attraction system that @Cinebar mentioned. We can hope for at least one or two in a future update.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    As much as I want better relationships, I do not have a clue what would really fit the implementation timeline.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The shared personal story looks very nice.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    That's too bad, because that would have made a good start into fixing relationships to be more interesting (even if just friends) and adding more options of how to play out a Sim life.

then of all the options they had you pick which ones you wanted more @cinebar after rating them all out of each category
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    honestly, I am beginning to think all these surveys are being used to develop the Sims 5 and won't have any impact on Sims 4.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    honestly, I am beginning to think all these surveys are being used to develop the Sims 5 and won't have any impact on Sims 4.

it could be
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    They said it's for The Sims 4
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member

This was my immediate thought when seeing the survey. I don't believe they will make these big of changes to Sims 4. I do think they will implement some things, saying they listened to us, but most of the reason for the survey was essentially market research for Sims 5.
    *crawls back in conspiracy hole*
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    These days, I mostly see surveys as a way for the Sims team to sell false hope to the players. They can make it seem like they're promising something new and interesting without actually committing to anything.

Remember those surveys about which pack they could revisit and add more polish to? They never really did anything with those after players had said that most/all of the packs listed could benefit from additional polish
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited July 2020
    @icmnfrsh

The "polished packs" survey is recent (2019 ?), sometimes we must wait for 3 or 4 years to get something.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    On va voir I guess
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I voted very low on compatibility portion as I do not want that in the game, at all but I voted very high on everything else except relationship tone (think I gave that one a "meh") I also left comments that the thing I want most is non-mutual relationships haha! I doubt will get it, but I can keep dreaming haha!

I don't think this stuff is coming "soon" though. Maybe in a year or too. I think we'll get something though.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    They said it's for The Sims 4

Over in WoW, data mining files were found for a controversial race to have blue eyes. Journalist asked the lead dev about it and he denied that this race would be getting blue eyes. Couple weeks later the team releases a blog post, detailing that the controversial race is indeed getting the blue eyes.

My point, these game developers and CM’s lie. They lie so much, and they don’t feel bad, or guilty about it at all.
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    I really hope they implement something like that soon. It would make any type of relationships so much more intuitive and intelligent. For example, I want one spouse to stay upset at the other if they find out they're cheating. I want them to remember it and bring it up every so often until they find ways to reconcile it or they break up. It would make it feel much more like real life. I also really want crushes and chemistry. Even one-sided crushes.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    How about "all of the above"? It would be great to finally see sims struggling to build relationships and to find THE ONE, rather than finding it with the first sims in the streets. Everything should be be an option from CAS to careers, life states, make up, accessories, skills, emotions, physical traits etc.

I think sims need more intimate interactions in general rather than just doing it for just a few seconds before stopping. We need more cuddling on sofas, beds and while standing up, REALLY dancing together etc.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Was this from the January survey if so I hope we begin to see these features at least by the end of the year if not early next because this is what I really need to enjoy live mode. If only they would go deep into relationships and do all of this imagine Sims relationships actually mattering oh please give me “Furious with [Sim X]” all I want is a Sim that can be angry with another and stay that way.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"