Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Don't Understand The Butler's Behavior!

I just don't understand the butler's behavior.. Once hired I thought the butler will stay with you permanently but not until all your Sims left the house and you joined them on their work or in any locations or venues upon returning to your house there is a new butler serving your household. Sometimes the butler is too hungry but too shy to open the fridge that they starve to death. They even take a bubble bath when everyone is asleep or is not in the house. Sometimes they enjoy doing some other things when no one is around. Why is this so? They can eat or take a bath if they want even if there is household member around.

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    THe butler is meant to be live in when SIms are home or not home. You provide them with their own bedroom/apartment thing and assign a bed to them.

THat being said, my butler seemed to be glitched (I haven't played one in over a year so not sure if still) and I had 4 butlers in a row all die on the 4th day of serving my family. All for diff reasons, only 2 were elder... they had their own area in the home and were taking care of needs, I watched them eat, bathe, and sleep, so I dunno why it happened.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    You give them a room and lock the door for everyone else. But thier schedule often has them up all night and sleeping during the day unfortunately. I've never had one die on me though. I know if you play rotationally and leave thier household unplayed too long, then you have to rehire a butler when you rotate back, sometimes it's a different one.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    sunblond wrote: »
    You give them a room and lock the door for everyone else. But thier schedule often has them up all night and sleeping during the day unfortunately. I've never had one die on me though. I know if you play rotationally and leave thier household unplayed too long, then you have to rehire a butler when you rotate back, sometimes it's a different one.

When mine kept dying I wasn not playing rotationally. , just one family full time haha
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I have only ever had 1 butler, he is there every day, I play rotationally . I gave him the best twin bed, a computer, an easel and a locked door. I assign his duties, my sim will play chess with him, he eats on his own and my sim will tell him to go to be when he goes to bed.
    When I am playing another household I see the butler out at bars and festivals but he is always there when I rotate back. The kids are all grown now, graduates of university and the same butler is still there. I've read a lot if posts on this and my butler's behavior seems to be in the minority. I think most of them don't work as intended.
    I think it has much to do with their traits. Mine is family oriented, neat and ambitious. His aspiration is to be a chef. He cooks a lot, cleans everything and always played or read to the kids and taught them flash cards. I always made sure my sim praised his work ( boss to butler interaction )
  • Options
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    I have only ever had 1 butler, he is there every day, I play rotationally . I gave him the best twin bed, a computer, an easel and a locked door. I assign his duties, my sim will play chess with him, he eats on his own and my sim will tell him to go to be when he goes to bed.
    When I am playing another household I see the butler out at bars and festivals but he is always there when I rotate back. The kids are all grown now, graduates of university and the same butler is still there. I've read a lot if posts on this and my butler's behavior seems to be in the minority. I think most of them don't work as intended.
    I think it has much to do with their traits. Mine is family oriented, neat and ambitious. His aspiration is to be a chef. He cooks a lot, cleans everything and always played or read to the kids and taught them flash cards. I always made sure my sim praised his work ( boss to butler interaction )

I think the four butlers I had had different traits, 2 were fabulous and super helpful, one was super lazy and annoying and just mooched off us, the 3rd tried to be good but she was quite old and seemed to be having troubles haha.

But yeah the fact that they all died after 4 days was such a downer I stopped playing with them.