Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play sims 4

Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
How do YOU play the sims 4
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
Post edited by Cavapoo_King on

How do you play sims 4 243 votes

I spend most of my time building
11%
dzidziak86Bloosmooirishdragon7KementarirobyngravesLaniNeptuneLizzychicagoangiec0307Flexono1Amber0922GirklSailorCetiryttu3kMDianaSimssimmerLellagrallonsphereSAEldarinInuMiroLoversofasimSERVERFRA 29 votes
I spend most of my time in CAS
5%
deedles64klovey2NiaraTiaragarapoesLiELFBreazonaJustinlogionCheetahAlyssaUniqueKhaoscapturethemagicLilfireworkSimsPlankton027 13 votes
I spend most of my time actually playing the game
75%
vancanuckfan86cauatobrackencat31Kita5399GalacticGalSamadamsPlayergrevilliablueMistyLakealexspoom13alan650111IceyJCabelle1863AlexaiSikoahGraceColorist40JueJueoveronStilettoBlackpoemetragurlPlayerSinger2010 184 votes
I spend most of my time killing my sims
0%
AnmirlaScobre 2 votes
I spend most of my time browsing mods/CC
4%
mercuryfoamBabykittyjadeMoonfoxNightcrySekrilpandie00CementLeahmiller2006thenameslynith13xstxrrysequencebella_goth 10 votes
I dont actually play the game
2%
fruitsbasket101Simtown15StrawberryYogurtEricasFreePlayEvie0602 5 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm not a builder at all. I think my time is pretty evenly split between browsing mods/CC and CAS with playing coming out slightly on top, but not by much.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I spend most of the time playing. Im not a builder and i dress my sims in one go. I only use 3 mods atm. Too bad there's no choice for spending most of the time in the forums :lol:
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I like leveling careers and skills, making different sims, also playing with pre made sims and random generated sims to!
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I play maybe once a week an evening where I create a family, decorate their house (interior) and then quit the game to come back a week later and do the same thing over again, At the moment the game is not enjoyable for me to play.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    I play this game , it is still lacking massive in-depth gameplay. Hey EA , fix the babies , give toddlers more objects to play with and events (daycare grandparents day event or parent day event), kids need more playable activities and objects with events (Talent show, sleep overs, spelling bee contest, baking contest Fundraiser). A school class president event. Teens need more teen clothes, object, activities and events (Where is PROM and Graduation event , dances, sweet 16 party, dates with and with out parents). Student council event.That is way it’s hard to tell the difference between the teens and adults. The adults have every thing except they need more wedding objects. Elders need 50 or 60th anniversaries, divorce money settlements(if divorced). Senior citizen discount and they have a neighborhood board event which would work for eco living to change prices on goods sold for certain events.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i spend most of my time playing the game and play with aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    I open the game fully intending to play, look through the gallery, get inspired by others and end up making in cas all the time.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    There is no ‘other’ option. Some players may do all of the above equally, except for the 6th answer.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    I spend most of my time browsing mods/CC
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Actual gameplay, although "Other: Storytelling" comes close second.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    CAS and build mode are part of the game. I’m rebuilding the worlds so I do spend a fair amount of time there but I also have some saves I play in. When I have the time to play right now, I’m 70% in live mode, 15% in build and 15% in CAS.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    I play live mode most of the time. I don't build but I do sometimes edit builds more to my liking. Sometimes I will give random townies makeovers but not so much now that the NPC Control mod has stopped my game from generating new ones.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I actually play and enjoy the game, but I also spend quite a bit of time building, CASing and browsing CC in both equal and great measures. Although most of my time in game right now is spent working on new chapters for my story. Right now mostly on concept and script parts, bit I'll get to filming one day for sure.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've come to the realisation that I don't play in live mode all that much. I spend most of my time building or planning world makeovers.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    We needed another option. I spend almost equal times building, CAS and playing. I don't use mods or CC. I have spent my fair share of time killing sims though but I don't think I'd say I've spent as much time on that as the other 3.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well, it mostly changes. For example, if I'm on a gameplay hiatus, I'll be building 99% of the time... but when I'm back in the mood of actually developing a story, I'm going to be playing the actual game most of the time.

I'm mostly a builder and player. Not necessarily a creator (I make households, but I don't spend as much time on my Sims as I do building lots and playing the game).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    What ends up happening is that I’ll spend around 2 hours in CAS preparing the household before I log off. I get too tired to play after all that outfit editing and such.

Next time I log on, I go straight into playing.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    This didnt really have an option for me. I play rougjly equal time in live mode, building and cas. But my cas and builds are for live mode mostly which is why I chose that.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I spend very little time in CAS, and I almost never build (I do expand small houses now and again when my Sims can afford it), I just play the game.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Initially, I do spend a fair amount of time building the right house and family in CAS like I have in every iteration of this game, but it is not my main place of enjoyment. If anything, I have taken steps to reduce this "preplay prep" by saving regular sims/families and their matching houses to my library and using them. It is a lot easier to tweak than start from scratch, but I do create new things from time to time.

As much as I can obsess over getting the perfect house, family, and world ready it is all so I can play the game how I want.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Honestly about 60/40 building and playing, but there wasn’t an option for that.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I feel that build mode/cas also count as "actually playing the game" since it's part of it, but I think this means Live Mode and that's what I play 99% of the time unless my Sim really needs an outfit change or a new bed.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I dont build, like ever! The only time i make sims is when i create the founder of a legacy, or if i want to create a spouse for them. Sometimes i might create friends for them too, but these are the only times i create sims.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am not exactly the best at building but I do love CAS! I spend most of my time in the gameplay playing my legacies and/or completing challenges.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2020
    I play every aspect of the game equally.
    and technically CAS and Building are part of the gameplay too (and what makes it so appealing to alot of players), even if you are "just building" you are playing the game...so I chose that answer even though you probly meant it like "playing in livemode", also if there was no livemode I wouldn't be interested in the game in the first place.

I love building but I always have to build "for my sims", if I won't use the build in my game I don't see the point of creating it, same goes for creating sims, it's all to make livemode more fun and fitting to my stories :smile:
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat