Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite type of occult sim?

13...Next

Comments

• SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Vampires
    V A M P I R E S. I love spellcasters too, but vampires seem to have much more individual stories, and the weakness system adds a fun dollop of challenge and balance to the gameplay.
    banner.png
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    Other:
    I liked witches in ts3, not so much in ts4... also I'm finding myself missing servo and bonehilda. it's nice to have te scarecrow but I miss the maid. Also liked fairies so in ts3. I think my main issue is the point system somehow, because I don't really like the vampires either :/
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Other:
    Favorite current occult vampires!! Favorite occult overall zombies!!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StarleyStarley Posts: 3 New Member
    I do not care for the occult sims
    I had to vote for none. I have the corresponding packs because I like other things those packs offer (the Vampire pack has amazing build objects if I ever feel like building, though I rarely do -- it's nice to have the option) but one of the first things I do when I start a new save is humanize all occult sims using MCC.
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    I have a really sily newbie question so im sorry in advance....

What is a occult sim please??

:# :s
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2020
    Vampires
    I have a really sily newbie question so im sorry in advance....

What is a occult sim please??

:#:s

Vampire, Witch, Werewolf, Fairy, Genie, etc...

Basically, what your Sim can be or become that is not "human" or has normal "human" actions.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    You can have a Genie?? How?? I want one haha. I knew about the others just not genie.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Vampires
    You can have a Genie?? How?? I want one haha. I knew about the others just not genie.

Not in sims 4, no
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Vampires

The Sims 3 covered the most Occult Sims. You could be a playable Genie in that version.
    The original Sims and TS2 had Genie lamps with a NPC.

TS4 has neither of those options. There was a mod for a Genie lamp with a NPC, but I can't find it on Mod the Sims now and I'm not sure it worked after the last few updates.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other:
    If mermaids werent just sims with tails, had more to do and had their own realm, they'd easily be my absolute favorite. Of the occults we have, really Vampires, Spellcasters and Mermaids interest me the most. Vamps and spellcasters tie for 1st place so I cant just choose one.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Other:
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I guess I'm just odd, but I was hoping for traditional witches and got spell casters Harry Potter style. I loved the Harry Potter series and the content we got is good... I just miss being able to mold my witches into a style I love instead of being forced into wizard school and Diagon Alley.

I second this opinion ☝🏻
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Where is the option to create a mermaid and how does that work in live mode please?
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Spellcasters
    I do not use occult Sims as my primary characters, but I do like having them in my worlds. I have downloaded Hogsworts and the Adams Family, plus other occult households/lots, but find the playability somewhat tedious.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Mermaids
    Where is the option to create a mermaid and how does that work in live mode please?

Hi @SarahLou372 mermaids come with the Island Living expansion pack. 🙂
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Spellcasters
    I chose spellcasters, but honestly, I love vampires and aliens just as much. I'm an occult nut, so the more occult sims the merrier!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • FrubblesFrubbles Posts: 11 New Member
    Vampires
    I like spellcasters in theory, but they are OP and samey. They all have the same abilities and no weaknesses except the curses. Copypasto makes the game so unchallenging, especially since the only challenge would come from rare potion ingredients. Same issue with the unlimited needs potion, which only requires an apple. I like Morgan and the magical realm. Vampires have more depth. I like aliens - they don't have as many abilities but they is some cool gameplay in playing a hidden alien.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mermaids
    I really love mermaids and fairies a lot. Aliens are cool too and very good memories playing them for the first time in TS2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Rocketfuel55Rocketfuel55 Posts: 1 New Member
    Vampires
    I chose and I love Vampires
  • blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    Mermaids
    Mermaids! Even tough they don't get to do much 😭 I really wish they would have gotten more options
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, mostly because I love the convenience of the spells and the spellcaster animations.

If we ever get fairies I'll be super excited, but I'm not counting on it.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other:

You have to buy the island living expansion pack. You can see all of the packs on orgin. Then once you have it you can go through the process of finding the mermaid kelp to transform your sim into a mermaid or do like I do and use cheat codes to turn immediately.
    Then you can get into any kind of water for the tail to appear. But island living will come with an island
    Which has oceans your mermaid can swim.
    I really love them.
    I use a lot of custom content on mine that can be downloaded online for free to give them more options when it comes to fins,hair, skin details and stuff.
    Hope that was helpful 🙂

sgPLY6s.jpg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(