Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite type of occult sim?

Mines used to be vampires, but I have fell in love with being a spellcaster.

I do kind of miss the werewolves from ts3 but do not care one bit about zombies being gone lol. Ohhhhhh I also miss the cute fairies and genies<3

This list just made me realize we do not have that many occult sim types ha.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

What is your favorite type of occult sim? 186 votes

Aliens
3%
CamkatJackOnYourBackEnkiSchmidtcomicsforlifeRouensimsCaprianaB 6 votes
Vampires
34%
Kita5399MLadyAzzeraIsb917BloosmooAuroraBoreallisSnuffyBuckethaneulAnmirlajimbbqfruitsbasket101alanmichael1DarkLady2788akaniki0mitchiebanjoDrewRowlandRevenwyntaydevbluelightingLenaDietershalloweenchild 65 votes
Spellcasters
31%
bshag4lvalan650111Cabelle1863SikoahGracePlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CmcruddThunderbat87elanorbretonMariefoxprice83simgirl1010freindlylolrobyngravesCeres_MeirionaMindofyldmarkoLustianiciawrenstalesAquariusMomJerrello 58 votes
Mermaids
5%
mikawagjode23fiercephoenix91ScobreJustinAshleyAOQueenofMyshunonetney52WhatCobblersblue_sky 10 votes
I do not care for the occult sims
18%
auroraael14brackencat31AlexaiJueJueSusanaLeotekeekee53MeteoraStormfriendlysimmerssekojranamy1helopilotfallenangel66foxybillyAnnLee87BatmanFanGirlDoloresGreyChadSims2sunblondBreazonaHearts4uHopeyStarr 34 votes
Other:
6%
Moon_Willowduhboy2u2Babykittyjadetexxx78Devinaleryttu3kfilipomelValeahInuMiroLover_natalieMarduc_PlaysSERVERFRAGilbertStrangePenny 13 votes

Comments

• thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, because the practical spells make life so much easier. I also like that they aren’t immortal.

I do think the Vampires Pack is better than ROM, however.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Vampires
    Absolutely vampires, followed closely by spellcasters and mermaids, in that order. What I miss the most is playable fairies. Never cared for werewolves, or even played them. Zombies were just utterly annoying in TS3. I have a few aliens, but they're just like "ordinary" sims to me, not much special about them at all.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other:
    I guess I'm just odd, but I was hoping for traditional witches and got spell casters Harry Potter style. I loved the Harry Potter series and the content we got is good... I just miss being able to mold my witches into a style I love instead of being forced into wizard school and Diagon Alley.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Other:
    Servos are my favourite. I like to have one in my household as a helper sim, I rarely focus on their stories, personalities, relationships, etc. They are a disposable sim that I can use for whatever reason and have it make sense in my game.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Vampires
    I love Vampires most but also love my spellcasters.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires :) if we ever get werewolves, i really hope they’ll have a similar system to vampires.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Vampires
    I enjoy all the occults but I like vampires and aliens the most, I think they have the most interesting play.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i do not ccare about occult sims since they do not fit in my playstyle the onle one i create on occasion are aliens the rest clearly do not fit in my playstyle as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other:
    I voted other because i've just bought RoM but haven't played with spellcasters yet. I will need to try it first before i can say which occult is my favourite.
    I like vampires. Mermaids and aliens are ok but could be much better.

I would love to have werewolfs and genies. Zombies maybe... i like the idea but didn't like how they came up in 3. Im not interested in fairies.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires without any doubt. They're well made, reasonably balanced, offer power AND downsides, interact very well with other packs, offer a lot of potential for creative gameplay. What's not to like. If not for Vampires, I would not even be here.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Vampires
    Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I haven't played extensively with the other occults yet, but I love vampires. I love the perk system and being able to have traditional or non-traditional vampires depending the perks you choose. I have vampires that burn in the sun, sleep in coffins only, and feed off human sims. Then I have vampires that are immune to the sun, sleep in normal beds, and get bad moods when feeding off human sims. (Instead of getting plasma from growing plasma trees).
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    Vampires
    Vampires are the most fun to play. I enjoy the way they have been designed with unlocking more powers over time.

Spell casters are alright but I find their choice of spells boring, it's mostly just chores made easy.

Mermaids and Aliens are completely boring game play wise.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Thank you for this option.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I always play non-occult.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2020
    Vampires
    In previous iterations, it was always Witches. I was slightly disappointed with TS4's version. It had more to do with how they were promoted. I had much more in mind when thinking of "spellcasters". If they would have been presented as Witches, I wouldn't have had such high expectations.
    The TS4 Vamps blew all of the predecessors away! It's one of the (if not the) best packs in TS4 for me.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Spellcasters
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Thank you for this option.

No problem. I know not everyone cares for occult sims and I wanted those who don't to be able to voice their opinions as well :)
    2llotup.jpg
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Vampires
    I’m goth irl, so vampires, naturally.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    Spellcasters
    I think vampires got the upperhand because they have had the most time to be improved as the series went on. We technically just got the mermaids, servos, and spellcasters. Hopefully they can probably get some new patches/upgrades for them as well.
    2llotup.jpg
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, definitely. I love them since they can teleport and chug down potions that will fill their needs and stall their aging, when such spells and potions are discovered, of course.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Other:
    Fairies. More like the irish myths fairies than sims fairies, but i can work with that.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Vampires
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I think vampires got the upperhand because they have had the most time to be improved as the series went on. We technically just got the mermaids, servos, and spellcasters. Hopefully they can probably get some new patches/upgrades for them as well.

It's natural superiority. You wizards and your reagents -- always grasping for immorality. For us it is like breathing, if actually breathed. Which we don't. That's another advantage there.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited June 2020
    Spellcasters
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

It's natural superiority. You wizards and your reagents -- always grasping for immorality. For us it is like breathing, if actually breathed. Which we don't. That's another advantage there.

You assume we want immortality. I prefer my Spellcaster Sims to actually experience life, with all the ups and downs that brings. :) Existing forever (can what vampires do actually be called living if they don't feel what it is to really be alive?) just strikes me as dull.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Vampires
    Nothing beats the Vampires. Nothing, I say! Oh, I long for a worthy competitor, but there is no challenging perfection.

We'll see what Happy Haunts brings, if they actually create it. But I swear to Vlad, it won't be better than Vampires.
    #Team Occult
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    Aliens
    I don’t play occults very often, but I like all of them. I voted for aliens because young aliens have the cutest voices!
    (Almost everyone in my main family is an occult, but most of my other households are just humans with possibly pets.)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Spellcasters
    filipomel wrote: »
    Servos are my favourite. I like to have one in my household as a helper sim, I rarely focus on their stories, personalities, relationships, etc. They are a disposable sim that I can use for whatever reason and have it make sense in my game.

My servos are constantly "dying" so I can never keep them :'(
    2llotup.jpg