Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you took the Eco Lifestyle Survey Yet?

2...Next

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Nope, no survey. Probably because I don't have the expansion pack :D Though I would have liked to be able to give my opinion based on the information I got on the pack, from their own teaser and game trailer, their own blogs, this forum, youtube, and other websites. Maybe they could have gotten some data on why people haven't (yet) bought the pack. I mean, I have the money, I want new and more game content, so something is going wrong where my money isn't ending up in their accounts. Not opening up the survey to people who don't have the expansion pack won't give them any insight into why their company isn't making as much money as it could have.

I have the pack, pre ordered it, and the survey doesn't show... too bad they're leaving people behind. I have an opinion too...

I don't know if you need to play it for a while or if the survey is random... some other people have said that they have not gotten the survey either. Make sure that you have enabled data sharing and surveys in the game options.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    logion wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Nope, no survey. Probably because I don't have the expansion pack :D Though I would have liked to be able to give my opinion based on the information I got on the pack, from their own teaser and game trailer, their own blogs, this forum, youtube, and other websites. Maybe they could have gotten some data on why people haven't (yet) bought the pack. I mean, I have the money, I want new and more game content, so something is going wrong where my money isn't ending up in their accounts. Not opening up the survey to people who don't have the expansion pack won't give them any insight into why their company isn't making as much money as it could have.

I have the pack, pre ordered it, and the survey doesn't show... too bad they're leaving people behind. I have an opinion too...

I don't know if you need to play it for a while or if the survey is random... some other people have said that they have not gotten the survey either. Make sure that you have enabled data sharing and surveys in the game options.

Oh data sharing... i think i have it off. Thank you! I'll try it as soon as im able to play.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I didn't get it either. Maybe you need a certain number of hours in the new pack? I normally play offline, and only went online today to take survey. Origin may think I never played EL at all.

I wonder if this is the reason. I play offline alsotey probably think I never touched it😅😅
    Yes I have that enabled @SimmerGeorge
    I have share data usage on also and I exited and reloaded multiple times.

Yes make sure you’re online. Did it work for you while in online mode?
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I took it last night, my answers can mostly be summed up as disappointment. I was so excited to add NAP’s to certain areas, like the art one for the art district, and my vampires were looking forward to the free love.. but nope, messes up the entire save. I’m not usually over critical, but I’m very unhappy that most of the core features on this one don’t even work correctly. Having to turn all of those off (or mod them out), makes EL no more than an expensive stuff pack :|
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I took it last night, my answers can mostly be summed up as disappointment. I was so excited to add NAP’s to certain areas, like the art one for the art district, and my vampires were looking forward to the free love.. but nope, messes up the entire save. I’m not usually over critical, but I’m very unhappy that most of the core features on this one don’t even work correctly. Having to turn all of those off (or mod them out), makes EL no more than an expensive stuff pack :|

I'm sure a lot of these issues will be fixed in the next patch. I hope so anyway.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

I'm sure a lot of these issues will be fixed in the next patch. I hope so anyway.

I hope so too! This one could be really fun if it worked as intended! :)
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Took this a couple days ago as well. I too basically said your NAPs are a mess, good ideas for the most part, just terrible implementation and riddled with bugs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It isn't showing up for me and I'm online and have data enabled. I guess they took it down.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I filled it out and used the max character count to let them know what a subpar job was done. ;)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    After I turned data sharing on and went online, I got it. I typed out so much in response. I don't know. I never would have picked Eco Lifestyle as a theme, but the ideas felt ambitious and responsive to criticism and requests from the Laundry pack development (I also did not vote for the theme back then). The execution just killed it with bugs. If I had lost my most precious saves, maybe I wouldn't have this opinion. Who knows.

I am curious as to the participant criteria for these surveys, though. If they aren't available for everyone with Eco Lifestyle, then who makes the cut? (Also, I am not sure play time would be a criteria. One of the questions was if I had played with Eco Lifestyle yet.)
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I got it. I basically said how it should have been a Game Pack and, outside of the Green/Industrial items, so many things were poorly-done, half-baked or unnecessary. It also needed dragons.

But I loved the energy-management aspect and the CAS/BB.

@Gordy what do dragons have to do with Eco living?

I like them, and miss them, but I don't see the connection
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

@Gordy what do dragons have to do with Eco living?

I like them, and miss them, but I don't see the connection
    Dragons can burn trash, their droppings can be used to fertilize plants, and they can hunt for natural resources.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017