Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien home invasion?

This really odd thing just happened in my game. The Sim I am playing is an evil genius and crime boss and half-way through his adult age, he is thinking about an heir. So he had a few kids with some townies. Anyway, he was visiting one of the households to check in on the progress of his sons and at the same time a bunch of aliens just showed up on the lot.

4MVxBln.jpg

p99fjlS.jpg

And they just made themselves comfortable and hung out - all six of them.

J45ZtQQ.jpg

pzD4Hjq.jpg

The other household members were very chill about it.
6QYwdLx.jpg

Even little Augustus sat down for a nice long chat with the invaders.

F4CDlyB.jpg

And then after 3-4 in game hours they all left together like they came.

bHQCKNs.jpg

What I don't understand is why would this happen while my Sim is visiting another household? The mother is not alien or a scientist, there is no satellite dish on the house (nor has my Sim ever used on). I found one thread about this on the forums from 2015, but they had used the satellite dish to contact aliens. I am not upset about it, if anything I like unexpected things, but it just seems so random?
If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...

Comments

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Wow - I can't be of any help as to why it happened - but super cool. It is so much fun when random, unexpected things happen in the game you're playing. Adds an element of randomness to the story of your Sims - this is awesome!
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited June 2020
    Again, no clue as to why it happened, but recently a lot of the weird stuff that has been happening in people's games seems to trace back to the NAPs in Eco Lifestyle, or the recent patch. I don't have the pack (so speak with no experience), but could it be that?

Also, aliens are buggy in this game (like, REAL buggy, trust me on this one), so maybe it's that. If not, it could just be some unrelated glitch or random chance.
    banner.png
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Actually I would have a much better opinion of NAPs if they could lead to such random events. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Is the townie mother an alien in disguise? If she is that would explain it all. You Sim's child may be half alien. Take them into CAS through manage households or however you want and look to see if they are aliens.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    She is not an alien, I had already given her a make-over before they began their relationship. A pic from CAS under the spoiler.
    78N8erM.jpg

we all try ...
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This is so awesome! I hope this happens to my scientist who lives with aliens!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Strange! It may be related to the Tech Support NAP if it is on in any neighborhood. My sim got abducted when I had it on and she had nothing to do with science, rockets, or aliens (the things that usually trigger aliens)- do not even think she had logic skill!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    its something from get to work
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    its something from get to work

I have had Get to Work installed for 4.5 years and have played both aliens and scientists several times. Never had 6 aliens show up on my lot without using the satellite dish, much less when I while I was visiting the lot of an unplayed household, which is why I thought it was unusual. But maybe it is just uncommon.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Strange! It may be related to the Tech Support NAP if it is on in any neighborhood. My sim got abducted when I had it on and she had nothing to do with science, rockets, or aliens (the things that usually trigger aliens)- do not even think she had logic skill!

This is interesting. I disabled NPC voting before I started to play that save, but clearly something is going on because there was a NAP inspector in front of the house. I might have to play this household for a moment just to check if any NAPs are active. What would have been really awesome is if the aliens had shown up to upgrade all the appliances, that would be excellent Tech Support! :)

we all try ...
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Netzspannung : I haven't had a NAP inspector come by yet, what does he do?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    @joRN1414 It's just an NPC that comes by, takes notes and then lets you know whether your household is in compliance with the currently enacted NAPs. If the household is not then they will fine you and it will be reflected in the bills. But you can also bribe them to overlook non-compliance.

we all try ...
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »

I think you were right, the Tech Support NAP was enacted even though I had disabled NPC voting before playing the save. So I guess NAPs can have unforeseen consequences in the form of random events? I actually hope this is not a bug!
    Unfortunately I had to play the household to check and remove the NAPs, which I didn't want to do because I know myself. I could not leave a household with twin toddlers alone and spent all afternoon playing that family! Messed up my plans, but I had a lot of fun. So I guess I still came out ahead. :D

we all try ...
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yup-NAPS are pretty messed up. I think you have to get rid of all the existing NAPS before disabling - otherwise they still seem to be enacted.

I just had something odd happen too - not sure if related to NAPS or not. Moira Fryes just won the lottery- I am playing a thief so I switched to their house to put in a vault and put the $1,000,000 in it so my thief could try to break in later and steal it. I had her and her husband woohoo in the money before I was going to go back to my thief - while they were doing so - the vault and all the money in it completely disappeared - you could see the two sims crouched down still doing the deed but the vault was gone! I thought it was a momentary glitch and would be fine after they were done but it is just gone! I would think it was that Caring is Sharing NAP but no one else was at the house and it disappeared while they were in it! I even checked their household inventory - not there either.
  • Options
    @joRN1414 It's just an NPC that comes by, takes notes and then lets you know whether your household is in compliance with the currently enacted NAPs. If the household is not then they will fine you and it will be reflected in the bills. But you can also bribe them to overlook non-compliance.

Awesome! I haven't seen him yet.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Usually that should happen when aliens are contacted either with a satellite dish or with the special computer unlocked at level 10 in scientist career...
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'm sorry but this is so funny. Let me put the satellite dish in my home. They came and got comfortable like they lived there 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    wait so if you post something close a bad word it is covered with flowers automatically..let me try it again..
    🐸🐸🐸🐸
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is so funny. Let me put the satellite dish in my home. They came and got comfortable like they lived there 🌺🌺🌺🌺

Well, the whole point of this thread was that the visitors came even though there was no satellite dish, but if you don't want to rely on what seems to a bug related to a NAP that's the way to go. :)

we all try ...
  • Options
    wait so if you post something close a bad word it is covered with flowers automatically..let me try it again..
    🌺🌺🌺🌺

First it made me sad because I loved the word 'plum' as a replacement and it made me laugh almost every time because apparently I'm a child. But then I realized, now I can write things like 'What the plum ...?!?' and people will know I didn't actually swear and that's pretty kewl. B)

we all try ...
  • Options
    🌺🌺🌺🌺

First it made me sad because I loved the word 'plum' as a replacement and it made me laugh almost every time because apparently I'm a child. But then I realized, now I can write things like 'What the plum ...?!?' and people will know I didn't actually swear and that's pretty kewl. B)

I did too. It got to the point where I was subbing in plum for words automatically on the forum