Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC behind pay sites and Patreon

Hello, I know this issues has been addressed before but the last post I see is from 2017. I. That post Simsgurudrake states creators must release their content 2-3 weeks after it’s been posted for early access. What do I do if creators are violating these terms. Is there somewhere to specifically report them? I’ve been paying for content and I just recently stopped and I notice that as far back as 2018 they still have cc locked behind their subscription.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Someone posted in the last thread about this that you’re supposed to report their Patreon website, and Patreon will take their page down.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Wow... People do this? I'm sorry to hear that. The Sims community has become full of a lot of greedy creators. Please, do yourself a favor and never pay for cc again. There's so much good free stuff out there, and plenty of creators that accept donations for their free content. A lot of those pay sites put your PC at risk for viruses. Don't risk it.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Just report the offending creator that is breaking EA's TOS.

Thins definitely do get done as I've noticed some creators were taken down off Patreon due to this as well as some other shady things things. Cosplay Simmer to name one.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    candiecoatedivcandiecoatediv Posts: 83 Member
    I’ve looked everywhere to report. Every option on Patreon just redirects to contact the creator which I’ve done. I have yet to find Patreon useful in reporting violators. There’s a Patreon that is posting other content creators stuff behind her Patreon wall and you can’t report it unless you’re the creator. If you guys can direct me to where I can report it that would definitely help.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve looked everywhere to report. Every option on Patreon just redirects to contact the creator which I’ve done. I have yet to find Patreon useful in reporting violators. There’s a Patreon that is posting other content creators stuff behind her Patreon wall and you can’t report it unless you’re the creator. If you guys can direct me to where I can report it that would definitely help.

Try this:
    https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204914235-Report-content-that-violates-community-guidelines
  • Options
    candiecoatedivcandiecoatediv Posts: 83 Member
    Those steps only work if your a current patron of the Patreon you are reporting. I sent them an email hopefully that will help.