Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nooo :'(

So yesterday, I got SO mad at my game...

I worked for about an hour of two new sims, and here is a thing, whyyyyy can't I save my family (of course I save it to my library even upload to my gallery temporarily, but it SOMETIMES doesn't work and DOESN'T save to my library, depends on it's mood) but I digress, I finished them and was moving them in, but I decided to stop and quit the game to do something...NOW I am used to after you made a family your current game STAYS like that and leaves where you left off, moving them in. Or at least store them in unplayed households...
And I could have SWORN I saved regardless.

Came back an hour later.....IT'S all gone ;-;....didn't save nothing....I rage quit! I was SO angry.

Why can't there be an easier way to save from CAS??? ;-;

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Do you have the "show custom content" box checked in your gallery? If no maybe see if your families are sometimes accidentally marked as modded. These won't show unless you tick that box.
    Maybe you know this already but I seem to forget all the time and fully panic 'till I realize my families are just hidden because they have custom content.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Do you have the "show custom content" box checked in your gallery? If no maybe see if your families are sometimes accidentally marked as modded. These won't show unless you tick that box.
    Maybe you know this already but I seem to forget all the time and fully panic 'till I realize my families are just hidden because they have custom content.

dude....I am gonna check right now ... I TOTALLY forgot about that ;-;.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2020
    Strange, if you placed them in your world then the game usually saves them in the gallery... I have done the same mistake myself, so I always try to remember to save my game after I have edited or created sims in CAS.

If it takes a while to make the sim, one trick you can do is to just give them a random name and save them in unplayed households and then save your game and then return to them when you feel like editing them again. I usually save them with no clothes on so that I can see that they are unfinished in unplayed households...
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

Hahaha that tied me up for so long. I kept trying to save houses I planned to bulldoze and then could never find them. This is a pro tip! They should make this more clear for those that upload things to the gallery for their own access, not necessarily for public sharing.