Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you guys think about these ideas?

If they worked right, and where done properly. I have a few ideas for the game. I have plans to go to college for game design, and someday hope to work on a parody of the sims with my roommate. But I was thinking. If there is gonna be a sims 5, what do I think would improve it? So I was thinking maybe a VR ability. That people can use if they want to. It would be compatible with a VR headset. I was also thinking how i love getting creative. The more creativity I have in the game the better. So perhaps more interactive crafting, more careers instead of just rabbit hole jobs. You can actually draw or paint your own art. Make your own crafts. Create your own baked good and food. If you travel to exotic location you have mazes, and puzzles. Going to school with the sims in sims 3 sucked. But if they made it more exciting with science fairs and experiments, building a band and competing in a school competition. Or even just competing on stage at a concert. There is so much more that can be done with the game. Sadly this whole Corona virus stopped me from going to college when I wanted to. But if I could I would be a sims Guru. That would be cool.
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I would love more developed sims with more personality and long term impact from their decisions. That would be awesome
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    VR compatibility is not needed for Sims. Like, at all. The whole game needs to be different to warrant this kind of compatibility and then there would be a chance the game would not be sims anymore.

More involved creativity. So if you want to paint your own art the why do you need sims for that? There was something like that in sims 2, but it basically allowed sims to paint pictures from a folder of the game. They could paint you, for example. Cooking - well only i player could mix and match the ingredients ans STILL food would come out only in a few varieties. So that's not much added.

School is not supposed to be exiting. At least, not the studying part. It's a SIMULATION, after all.

Less rabbit hole careers - not all careers support this very well, but something can be done.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Imho VR and Sims don't fit together. The First Person mode is nothing more than a funny gimmick. And to say what would improve the Sims, you could ask 10 people and get 10 different answer. I'd say on first place of a long list improved interaction between sims and consequences of that.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Regarding VR for the Sims, issa no from me dawg.
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I would love to see the option to add in custom art for Sims to draw and paint. It would be cute. I mean we have custom music, so why not?

I would more school options. I hate not having after-school activities. I'd love to see science fairs, book fairs, art fair, ect. I'd really love to see sports games too. Like school is such a big part of life it could be way more engaging. I'd like to see private and boarding schools return as well. Private schools would be schools with tuition and boarding schools obviously boarding. I loved Sims 3's boarding schools.
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Given how buggy first person mode is in Sims 4, I'm not up for a VR sims game just yet.
    banner.png
  • Options
    Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    VR. A great big no for me. First person can kills the experience in my opinion. I want to see my sim. I didn't spend all that time creating it in a mirror lol.

I'm for anything that adds creative aspects and extended gameplay. I like to create my world then sit back and watch them live in it. I wouldn't object to them traveling around town autonomously for that matter. Autonomy can be very entertaining. Haha
  • Options
    ZellnagiZellnagi Posts: 7 New Member
    VR wont work with the normal style, it would have to be its own stand alone one sim only format, i play VR too and have learned that there are limits to what can be done, and it will require a lot of programming of NPC sims and how to interact with them, and the time and money it would require would cut into future content.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    So I was thinking maybe a VR ability.
    Sounds uncomfortable, bordering on creepy.

So perhaps more interactive crafting, more careers instead of just rabbit hole jobs. You can actually draw or paint your own art. Make your own crafts. Create your own baked good and food.
    Can't we already do this stuff in TS4?
    Oh wait, do you mean VR? No. I wouldn't want something like that at all.
    Do your real arts and crafts irl.
    Let your sims do their own weird stuff in game, you don't need to drag yourself down to their level.

If you travel to exotic location you have mazes, and puzzles.
    Go play Myst.
    Seriously, it's an awesome game, full of exotic locations, mazes, and puzzles.

Going to school with the sims in sims 3
    3?
    For TS5, I'd like to be able to travel with teens and kids to school, similar to how you can travel with your sim in ts4 GtW

But if they made it more exciting with science fairs and experiments, building a band and competing in a school competition.
    What even are these things?
    It sounds like you're asking for a very narrow americanised concept.

Sadly this whole Corona virus stopped me from going to college when I wanted to.
    Why?
    Don't you have online options where you are?

But if I could I would be a sims Guru. That would be cool.
    I can think of cooler things to be.
    I have friends who are literally rocket scientists.
    There ain't much in this world that is cooler than being a rocket scientist.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif