Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it sad that this is normal now?

124...Next

Comments

• ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    typical EA. they suck up all of our money and continue to give out the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 product.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    TS4 is playable without mods. It has bugs but it's playable.
    TS3 is unplayable without mods.

I'm able to play Sims 3 fine without mods.

I'm happy for you. I'ld love to be able to do that. I have spent money on all packs and i wish i would be able to play with all eps and without mods. But i can't. And many people can't too.
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    edited August 2020
    The game is a Hot mess. I am throwing in the towel and demanding refunds on all the pacs I bought. I. AM. DONE.
  • LilBenjiLilBenji Posts: 1 New Member
    I definitely feel that bugs are a normal part of the gaming industry these days and are okay as long as the devs are working on it. I believe this except for when the bugs are affecting a large or featured part of the update.

For example, in the latest patch, they fixed a bug that dogs and cats weren't eating unless told to. Okay, I can see how this was overlooked because it's not a huge game-breaking glitch and their pack came out years ago and only experienced this bug recently. They fixed it and it's good now. This is understandable.

An example of what is not acceptable is when Moschino Stuff came out and introduced the new photography career. It was a MAJOR feature for the pack and therefore is expected to work. Unfortunately, there were issues when taking photos on the third or fourth floor of a building and it was impossible to get a certain item to even get promoted in the career. This is just because there was clearly no player tasting before release. This is such an easy-to-spot glitch in the game and the fact it went unnoticed shows that they weren't even checking for bugs. If someone is paying $10 for a pack where the entire gameplay of this pack is focused around this career, then it needs to work. Otherwise, it's robbery. They are not receiving what they paid for and this is, in my opinion, a scam.

Also, eco-lifestyle introduced this amazing scenario where you may be tasked to get married in a week for a large fortune. AMAZING IDEA! Love these small little gameplay additions that The Sims is known for. Unfortunately, you never actually would get the money. So you just got married for money and nothing actually happened. Somebody obviously put this feature in the game and never actually tested it. This is not okay.

I don't want to be the guy who's coming for the Sim Gurus. They are very passionate hardworking people. The issue is the Sims is owned by EA, who is known for game-crunching (or rushing their Devs to put out a mediocre, buggy so it meets an unreasonable deadline). EA needs to understand that they are losing their fanbase and EA relies on The Sims for their success. Once this game meets competition, The Sims may be done.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    They need a much larger bug fixing team for the amount of bugs this game has. Even with regular patches every 3-4 weeks bugs still take forever to get fixed as there's just so many.

If they had more people they'd be able to manage the load of bugs but sadly they don't and many bugs just get abandoned and never fixed as there's so much new content coming out, each with their own bugs.

They need more people dedicated to fixing the bugs, and more people dedicated to finding the bugs before the pack actually goes live. It's pretty ridiculous how little they test the stuff before it goes out since there's always obvious bugs left in the game with every single release.

I've had a bug that's been really annoying me in my game since EL came out, but since it's marked as a "cheats related" bug and it only has 22 me toos and isn't being widely talked about it's probably never going to fixed or if it does it'll take years. As there's so many bugs it seems like they only fix the most talked about ones to keep people happy, all the other bugs just get left broken for years. The link to the report is in my signature below, please click on it and click the me too so it has a chance of being fixed.
    Post edited by Onverser on