Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No other image speaks such truth.

7wl8wbq44z651.jpg

Thank god for modders, they are the true heroes lol!

(Also, please don't be offended (though don't know why you would be). I just want to show some love for mod creators that go above and beyond to make this game playable and doing the devs jobs for free.)

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Ha! :D

I don't know how well they get paid, but paid nonetheless and they have said things like that before. It's kind of sad and funny...

Sometimes I think the video game companies should pay modders. Especially when they've fixed a bug. Buy it off the modder, save yourself a little time and fix the game.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    it feels like ea relies too much on modders to fix their 🌺🌺🌺🌺 for free

It is the truth! I feel a lot of them are like "Ah that's broken, ah well why should we worry about it? Modders will do it for free."
    Camkat wrote: »
    Ha! :D

I don't know how well they get paid, but paid nonetheless and they have said things like that before. It's kind of sad and funny...

Sometimes I think the video game companies should pay modders. Especially when they've fixed a bug. Buy it off the modder, save yourself a little time and fix the game.

^^ Yep.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Hats off to all the modders, custom content creators, and builders. They have been contributing to this game for the last 20 years and are part of what makes the Sims Franchise such an awesome gaming community.
    Hats off to all the modders, custom content creators, and builders. They have been contributing to this game for the last 20 years and are part of what makes the Sims Franchise such an awesome gaming community.

Yes <3 I am so happy at the creativity they all have came up with. It still blows my mind at what they can do.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

True. I get so angry during lives streams when they introduce new content and jokingly say "oh the modders will have fun adding new swatches for this" or something similar. Why couldn't you have done it instead of relying on the modders? At least pay them if your going to do that.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on

True. I get so angry during lives streams when they introduce new content and jokingly say "oh the modders will have fun adding new swatches for this" or something similar. Why couldn't you have done it instead of relying on the modders? At least pay them if your going to do that.

It's behavior like this is why I don't have much respect for the gurus. Like don't be so arrogant and cocky.
    edited June 2020
    I don think they deliberately hold back or cut corners in anticipation of what modders will do. I think they work within the budget given and genuinely look forward to what the community will do.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @simgirl1010 I don't think EA gives them that big of a budget though. Most gaming companies follow the whole "make the most amount of profit with the least amount of effort" model. It's true, some companies even had their business models leaked and this is exactly what it said to do.
    Not EA but one might assume they follow the trend.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    What I really dislike about the gurus is the trash talking of previous games like the Sims 3. Sometimes they act as if it is the biggest programming failure because of its technical issues.

EA is mistreating the Sims 2 as well unfortunately, not just cause of the fact that they neglect to add it on Origin but also because they try to advertise the Sims 4 at the same time.
    Sometimes it's like "For those of you asking unfortunately The Sims 2 ultimate collection isn't available on Origin. But, you can still grab The Sims 4 on PC, Mac and consoles though, yeay!!"
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I don think they deliberately hold back or cut corners in anticipation of what modders will do. I think they work within the budget given and genuinely look forward to what the community will do.

Modders don't have deadlines or people higher up telling them what they can and can't spend time on either. They literally can take as much time as they want to perfect/fix the mod without someone saying "Stop working on that it's a waste of time we need XYZ done." I've worked in environments like this and it's very frustrating. Usually the team knows what the customer wants but the team lead and/or someone higher than the team lead will tell you there's not enough time and the company wants XYZ out by the end of the week/month.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's sad that it's true. I've had to add six more mods to my game since Eco Lifestyle released and these are just mods for fixing the game. :#
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @Sharonia What are the new mods that fix Eco Lifestyle?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    @Sharonia What are the new mods that fix Eco Lifestyle?

So far I have...

Civic Policy Teaks by Simvasion. It fixes issues with N.A.P's.
    NPC Don't Swipe with Sharing is Caring by Zero. Stops all the stealing from community lots.
    Three mods by magneticsouth to stop the horrible effects of N.A.P's I don't want to see.
    No Eco Footprint Decay by Scarlet. The eco footprint decays to fast without the mod and makes it all seem pointless.

They aren't exactly fixes for bugs but for me personally they are fixes for things that I find absolutely annoying and uncalled for.

• fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I love modders!! I might have stopped playing/using some features if there werent mods to fix them/make them more suitable for my playing style. They dont stop at fixing bugs, they also enchance and improve some aspects of the game!! Such an awesome community!!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yep, pretty much. They don't want to give us proper settings to customize TS4's story progression, relationship decay, occult NPC generation, alien abductions, etc., but Deaderpool was able to give us a full, functioning suite of those options no problem. They couldn't give us proper fin ears for out merfolk, but CC creators can. They've been dragging their feet on unnatural hair colors for Child and Toddler sims, but CC creators are perfectly able to do it.

They should be hiring the modders and CC creators. I'm sure we'd probably get Create-A-World in this game by next spring if they did...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    I'm only using one mod currently but I love that there will be so many to choose from for new and unique experiences when the game does come to an end. 😊
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I usually use only two mods to change two little things to my liking but im grateful they were there right when i needed them.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,906 Member
    I love modders too!

And NOT even at most for "fixing bugs", BUT to tweak the game for my liking. As so many times has been said, what is great to someone, is NOT great to an another, so I am forever thankful for modders, all the way back from The Sims (looking at you , Inge).

What makes me to rip my hair of, is the thing when someone says "We should not depend on mods when playing THIS game". And why?

Well, look at TS3, I have never played it, but I can read. At every TS3 thread people keep saying you need this and this mod (Nraas) to make it playable.

And then there is TS2 , my favourite, I cannot believe when people says it is so perfect it it flawlessly playable without mods, must be nostalgia speaking. I play it at present day still, and we are talking about the game where, when you delete a sim from bin, using IN GAME TOOLS, you had just corrupted your hood. If you add Mrs Crumblebottom, or a taxi driver, or schoolbusdriver (and various of others) to your family (via cheats), you have at right at that moment corrupted your whole game installation. Whit mods you can most likely do the things above, without instant corruption. And after that, there is bugs in that game too, what has mods to fix it. Plus tuning mods to tweak things to your liking, as has TS3 and TS4.

Sorry, just had to say this, my apologies.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In the main agree. However, I've been playing TS2 since day one with no mods, CC yes, but no mods. Not about to say it's perfection, but will say it's the best banana in the bunch. It's simply learning the parameters and staying within them.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited June 2020
    Blame corporate bureaucracy and red tape, not the developers lol. I’m sure for a single haircut, the team needs to submit 100 pages of verified research to the C-Suite and perform a dozen hours of focus groups 😂 Don’t spend one plumming second outside of your assigned projects. Also, nothing better fall an inch outside the “scope” or it’s axed.

Thank god I don’t work for “the man” anymore 🤣🤣
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    They should be hiring the modders and CC creators. I'm sure we'd probably get Create-A-World in this game by next spring if they did...

They shouldn't hire them. The irony now is that a lot of modders and other EA content creators get paid more (through donations and ad revenue) than they would if they worked for EA. And even for those who don't get paid more, I think some prefer things as they are now as they have more freedom to develop things as they want and without deadlines.

I think EA just needs to improve its quality control a bit.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @simgirl1010 I don't think EA gives them that big of a budget though. Most gaming companies follow the whole "make the most amount of profit with the least amount of effort" model. It's true, some companies even had their business models leaked and this is exactly what it said to do.
    Not EA but one might assume they follow the trend.

That's all corporations. It's the basic u underlying principle of all of them. Maximize efficiency at generating profit. Which is why we need a global paradigm shift to value some things more than money.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg