The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions: On cars... yes, no or whatever?

PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello

Opinions on cars.
Is it a necessety for your gameplay?
Do you even mind?
Or are you against them because they should focus on something else.

(Wish it was a poll, but oh well)

___
YES but not immediatly, because

-adds to the realism.
-Carpools... it was cute when the carpool upgraded when your job lvl was higher
- Loading screen with a car when your sim is traveling from a to b would be cool

- A way to spend or loose good amount off money not only by buying them, but also due maintnance, or upgrading it. Status Symbol
- A way to have a car retail shop with get to work
- Gives a Sim personality. Trait can be added. Handiness Skill expanded.
- Needs to be learned by teenagers and young adult. (salty that you dont have to learn how to ride a bycicle with eco or uni but okay)
- Fun: Watch car races or attend one. Active.
- Car accident. Car breaks, your sim is injured for a few days, can not drive. (Would see more but lets keep it positi

Post edited by PreCiious on

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    The n-th thread regarding cars, and i still will say no, I don't want that in the Sims 4, even if i liked that in the other iterations of the Game.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Another thread asking this same question. My answer is still an emphatic YES. :)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I'd like cars, but I won't be disappointed if they never show up.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Only if they make a Monte Carlo pack with a racetrack around it!
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I'm not actively wanting cars but I'm not against them either. I just feel that given how limited they would be, there are a lot of other things I'd rather see added to game or expanded on.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm on the don't care side haha. Cars don't interest me in real life or in the Sims.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't feel it's a necessity but i'ld love to have them.
    I want my sims to buy different models as they get richer, to build nice garages and to build a car from scratch or mantain it. I'ld have fun with it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, because I like cars.

And I also think that a lot of houses looks so much better with cars.

0NgQjnM.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    YES to cars.
    • I like looking at them.
    • Driving them.
    • Playing with them.
  • Dakota1377Dakota1377 Posts: 29 Member
    Yes. I think that cars would add more to the game. It's not the driving of them. You could be doing much more than driving a car. Look at what they did in previous Sims. You had one in your driveway you could work-on. Now they could add the career of a mechanic, taxi driver, chauffeur. You can build a classic muscle car from scratch. I'd find those things fun. Wouldn't it look nice having a collection of muscle cars or posh cars in the driveway of your mansion? I think so...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes. I think that cars would add more to the game. It's not the driving of them. You could be doing much more than driving a car. Look at what they did in previous Sims. You had one in your driveway you could work-on. Now they could add the career of a mechanic, taxi driver, chauffeur. You can build a classic muscle car from scratch. I'd find those things fun. Wouldn't it look nice having a collection of muscle cars or posh cars in the driveway of your mansion? I think so...

Agreed! I also need a collection of muscle cars to work on.

The text below is from a a comment I placed in different thread yesterday as there seem to be many, many car related discussions around here:

There’s great scope for cars. The reason all those cyclists are cycling on the footpath is because playable cars will need that bit of road sooner or later. I think it’s relatively easy to re-tune the fx cars and make them appear less random and less often.

‘Garages’ only need to be doors with a footprint as big as a car, so it can be driven inside of the build. Car Mechanics, lessons and Racing are all possible game play elements. And there’s a multitude of things that can be done out- and inside the car, like cleaning the dashboard and such... o:)

Kleptomaniacs should be able to steal a car and go for a Joyride, although maybe that’s a no go for a Teen rated game.

In any case, there may be special lots, lot traits or an additional ‘road world’ ( like the swimmable ocean in IL) to move your Sim’s car around.

• Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Yes. I Wanted Cars on The Sims 4 because that should be included in the game. The interactions are: Sit, Drive Around, Kiss/Make Out, WooHoo/Try for Baby, Travel/Travel With, Upgrade. Also Car restoration should be included as well as garages.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    yes to cars they are pretty much needed and are a major part of the sims game since sims2 sims3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Yes, we want CARS immediately and those are some great ideas you mentioned that should be added with this. I also think cars are way overdue and does a lot to add more realism to the game. At minimal, cars would at least make your Sim look less ridiculous as they fade into a rabbit hole when they go somewhere, lol!
    Other stuff:
    Grocery stores, farms, and airports would all make the Sim world more real and interesting, too.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    I think its a tiny bit too late for cars, in my opinion. The home lots are all pretty small and you'd have to retrofit the lots to get a driveway or a garage on them which in most of the lots would sacrifice other things. Additionally the community lots have no place for parking spaces either. The neighborhoods are too small to see your car driving anywhere and Sims simply disappear at the end of the lot to go anywhere and if its all of them then it is just a load screen. You'll only get to see the car exit the lot briefly at community zones at most. This is very much like Sims 2 and how they did cars. Im not saying I don't like cars in the Sims but frankly it just feels like the idea is a whole lot of backwards from Sims 3 where you could see all kinds of driving.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I think its a tiny bit too late for cars, in my opinion. The home lots are all pretty small and you'd have to retrofit the lots to get a driveway or a garage on them which in most of the lots would sacrifice other things. Additionally the community lots have no place for parking spaces either. The neighborhoods are too small to see your car driving anywhere and Sims simply disappear at the end of the lot to go anywhere and if its all of them then it is just a load screen. You'll only get to see the car exit the lot briefly at community zones at most. This is very much like Sims 2 and how they did cars. Im not saying I don't like cars in the Sims but frankly it just feels like the idea is a whole lot of backwards from Sims 3 where you could see all kinds of driving.

That's good to hear. I just wanted cars even if the houses needed to be retrofitted or not.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited June 2020
    Like...I want cars, but groan at this point. They have to add them ASAP or add them never. I’m sick of thinking about it, ha.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m tired of seeing fake garages just like I was tired of seeing fake laundry piles. We got laundry thankfully now we need garages/cars.
    Vehicles and Garages must come. The Sims team needs to work on it in order for these to put into The Sims 4.
  • Dakota1377Dakota1377 Posts: 29 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m tired of seeing fake garages just like I was tired of seeing fake laundry piles. We got laundry thankfully now we need garages/cars.

I agree with you. I tired of fake cars and garages on lots. I want to be able to use a car and garage. We had them in Sims 2 & Sims 3 why not in Sims 4. We should be able to have cars by now. Why did we have to wait this long for laundry? Now we need cars and other vehicles. This is not only vehicles we need they left out of Sims 4. I'm kind of waiting for some other things. They could include a lot of careers around cars and other vehicles.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I want the cars from Sims 3 in Sims 4.
    Also, it would be cool to have the 1970s General Lee car, the 1980s Knight Rider K.I.T.T and the
    Back to the Future DeLorean.
    The Sims Team needs to create & work on the vehicles & garages in The Sims 4.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've never understood the obsession people have with them in TS4, it's a closed world, there's nowhere to drive other than straight into a loading screen. A laggy animation of getting into a car before you disappear into a loading screen! Yay!
    I would like them to be placeable though through the standard menu, really not sure why they're hidden away in debug. They should really be in the transport section even just as decals, or as an item with an option to travel to - - -- - lot like the boat in Brindleton Bay for example which takes you to the island.
  • LigeaLigea Posts: 7 New Member
    Not a necessity but I miss the heck out of it, convertible on sunset strip was pretty cool, or a hoverboard like in 3 (but it only made since in 'into the future'. So, far our poor sims is forced to bike or walk everywhere, which is ok for the city but longer trips? I agree with what so many ppl said, it would be nice but the game is so small what would be the point? The neighboorhoods don't seemed designed for much transportation, so I agreed with what @redrogue60 said. I also agree to what @SERVERFRA said about sims 3 was truth be told a more expansive game, though I have put alot of time into 4 and like the moodlets, while the sims characters themselves seemed better, the world did seemed boxed in a little. I guess a different mode of transportion rather than a traditional vehicle could be fun.I guess you have the Vampire modes which is always fun, or the magic mode which I guess count as transporting, so that's always fun I think. I end up having the most fun with vampire add ons, so many silly stories I have created. And let's be honest all the crazy stuff they can do is pretty fun, but that 5 house lot is so small, I have to debate on whether I want to kick out Vlad or the siblings, no they are staples there, they were there first lol.